I was reading the Afro-Arab page on Wikipedia and I came across this bizarre statement about Northern Sudanese people

I checked the source, and the book only claimed that certain tribes from the Nuba Mountains came with the Bantu migration. This is not true ofc. the Kordofanian speaking people are natives.

Apollo

VIP
I checked the source, and the book only claimed that certain tribes from the Nuba Mountains came with the Bantu migration. This is not true ofc. the Kordofanian speaking people are natives.

Kordofanian in Central Southern Sudan related to Niger-Congo may be the ancestral group that caused the modern Nilotic populations in the Sudan to be 20-25% NC shifted since the days of the NS ancestors of Cushites.

I think they stem from Bronze Age migrants. Sort of like how the Fulani got there recently, but a bit earlier. I don't think Kordofanian languages are truly native to Sudan (native in the sense of being there for multiple thousands of years).

Nilotes also reached West Africa (Songhai). So movements in both directions took place.

Kordofanian in Central Southern Sudan related to Niger-Congo may be the ancestral group that caused the modern Nilotic populations in the Sudan to be 20-25% NC shifted since the days of the NS ancestors of Cushites.

I think they stem from Bronze Age migrants. Sort of like how the Fulani got there recently, but a bit earlier. I don't think Kordofanian languages are truly native to Sudan (native in the sense of being there for multiple thousands of years).

Nilotes also reached West Africa (Songhai). So movements in both directions took place.

Do you have any sources on this partially Niger-Congo shift?

I think this theory of yours hinges on the fact that our component lacks that particular shifted characteristic, right? We don't really have the coalescence time calculation to make any definite statements about this, IMO.

And there aren't any more particular Niger-Congo bias in Kordofianians than Nilo Sharans, i.e., no special gradient of diversity to at least give this some credence.

Some of the variations could be derived from the Holocene period where people migrated a lot in the Sahel. In what manner is too early to tell as it could very well be through intermediate groups since the demographic composition could have changed considerably since that dynamic period.

I would say the Kordofanians are indigenous but were subjected to the same process if a shift happened, only that they went through a change of linguistic while the Dinkas didn't. This was mentioned in a paper I read:

It is interesting to note that Nuba populations constitute an homogeneous group, even if some speak Kordofanian (of the Niger-Kordofanian family) and others different languages of two branches of the Nilo-Saharan family. Their genetic composition denotes their Nilo-Saharan origin, with linguistic replacements in some groups. Population displacement, whether it is followed with cultural or genetic exchange with local populations, would explain why not every Nilo-Saharan speaking group has this genetic component (as is the case of Nubians) and not every population that has it is mainly formed by Nilo-Saharan speakers (as is the case of Niger-Kordofanian speaking Nuba).

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Definitely wrong, if darkskin arabs really do exist. Then it’d be sudanese people.

Do you have any sources on this partially Niger-Congo shift?

I think this theory of yours hinges on the fact that our component lacks that particular shifted characteristic, right? We don't really have the coalescence time calculation to make any definite statements about this, IMO.

And there aren't any more particular Niger-Congo bias in Kordofianians than Nilo Sharans, i.e., no special gradient of diversity to at least give this some credence.

Some of the variations could be derived from the Holocene period where people migrated a lot in the Sahel. In what manner is too early to tell as it could very well be through intermediate groups since the demographic composition could have changed considerably since that dynamic period.

I would say the Kordofanians are indigenous but were subjected to the same process if a shift happened, only that they went through a change of linguistic while the Dinkas didn't. This was mentioned in a paper I read:

It is interesting to note that Nuba populations constitute an homogeneous group, even if some speak Kordofanian (of the Niger-Kordofanian family) and others different languages of two branches of the Nilo-Saharan family. Their genetic composition denotes their Nilo-Saharan origin, with linguistic replacements in some groups. Population displacement, whether it is followed with cultural or genetic exchange with local populations, would explain why not every Nilo-Saharan speaking group has this genetic component (as is the case of Nubians) and not every population that has it is mainly formed by Nilo-Saharan speakers (as is the case of Niger-Kordofanian speaking Nuba).

The internal diversification within this
presumed primary branch indeed is so huge that some scholars would
argue that ‘Atlantic’ is primarily an areal grouping representing a number
of independent, early descendants of Niger-Congo; a few have challenged
this view and would go as far as saying that some of the languages
originally included in this family may not even belong to Niger-Congo.
Actual comparative evidence for Niger-Congo as a family using classical
Neogrammarian methods has come forward in particular through the
scholarly work of the late John Stewart. See the obituary by Mous (2007)
for a full list of Stewart’s publications. In his comparative endeavours,
Stewart (2002, 2007) focused on a systematic phonological comparison
between some members of this language family, in particular between
Kwa and Bantu, as a major subgroup within Benue-Congo. He further
compared his Proto-Potou-Akanic-Bantu (Proto-PAB) with languages
from Greenberg’s Atlantic branch, and argued that ‘. . . Proto-PAB has the
potential to serve as a pilot Proto-Niger-Congo in essentially the same
way as a “Proto-Germanic-Latin-Greek-Sanskrit” served the pioneers
of linguistic reconstruction as a pilot Proto-Indo-European’ (Stewart
2002: 197).
It is no coincidence that Stewart did not include two other families
assumed by Greenberg to constitute primary branches of Niger-Congo,
Mande and Ubangian, in his comparative studies. The actual comparative
evidence for a Niger-Congo affiliation is indeed rather slim, and no
convincing evidence has been added over the past decades.
Consequently,
Mande and Ubangian are best treated as independent language families.
The inclusion by Greenberg of a group of languages spoken in the
Nuba Mountains of central Sudan, which have come to be known under
the name Kordofanian, into a larger family termed Niger-Kordofanian by
Greenberg (1963) and subsequently renamed Niger-Congo by Williamson
(1989), has received wide acceptance among scholars. Greenberg (1963)
assumed that the Kordofanian branch consists of five subgroups, today
usually referred to as Heiban, Talodi, Rashad, Katla and Kadu. But as
argued by Schadeberg (1981a), the Kadu(gli) group should be excised
from Kordofanian, or Niger-Congo, and that it should be considered
whether the Kadu(gli) group should be affiliated with Nilo-Saharan.

Your theory is indeed correct.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
I thaught yall were like that tho like dinka mixed with arabs

You're mixing up two groups. The Dinka are located in South Sudan, the Arabs reached Nubia(which is modern-day northern Sudan) and never reached South Sudan until very later on. The Dinka and Nuer have been separated from Nubians for centuries thus we never mixed with them.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
You do realize proto-Somalis came from Sudan.

People who looked a bit like Somalis always lived in North Sudan.
So nubians of today r mixed with arabs thus looking like that n we didnt mix with no one but we still look the same as them

So nubians of today r mixed with arabs thus looking like that n we didnt mix with no one but we still look the same as them

This is a Sudanese girl who lives in the USA, she is from Dongola, and her tribe is called Danagla(they are Nubian tribe). She did a DNA test and only came out with 0.3 percent Middle Eastern and Northern African blood(obviously North Africans are Berbers originally)

Apollo

VIP
This is a Sudanese girl who lives in the USA, she is from Dongola, and her tribe is called Danagla(they are Nubian tribe). She did a DNA test and only came out with 0.3 percent Middle Eastern and Northern African blood(obviously North Africans are Berbers originally)

Are there dating sites with Sudanese Arab chicks, asking for a friend. :browtf:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Are there dating sites with Sudanese Arab chicks, asking for a friend. :browtf:

Shaigiya are my favorite Sudanese tribe, they are chads. :wow: :banderas:

Sheygya1.png

Sheygya2.png

Sheygya3.png

Sheygya peace.jpg