I want to thank you guys for welcoming me.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
How do you explain this:

The Federal Research Division of the US Library of Congress states that "in the early 1990s possibly no more than 10% of southern Sudan's population was Christian".[160] In the early 1990s, official records of Sudan claimed that the population of what was then included as South Sudan, 25% of people followed traditional religions and 5% were Christians.

Were there missionaries there or what?

@Nomoregames2019

How do you explain this:

The Federal Research Division of the US Library of Congress states that "in the early 1990s possibly no more than 10% of southern Sudan's population was Christian".[160] In the early 1990s, official records of Sudan claimed that the population of what was then included as South Sudan, 25% of people followed traditional religions and 5% were Christians.

Were there missionaries there or what?

@Nomoregames2019

Yes. During the British era when they conquered Egypt and Sudan. The British sent in Christian missionaries in order to stop the spreading and influence of the North part of the country spreading Islam into the South. At the time there was a hardliner sufi rebellion(look up mahdist wars and the battle of omdurman) going on in the North by using conquer and divide tactics based on religion they could control the whole of Sudan.

Generally speaking. Historically Southern Sudanese people have always followed their own religions. Christianity was also introduced to them during the 20th century.

I wouldn't trust either source as both parties wouldn't have conducted enough research amongst the thousands of Southern Sudanese tribes and their religions.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I love you all, thank you so much.

I didn't welcome you.
10421.jpg

Yeah, the people here are very welcoming. I’ve had a great time on this site so far. I hope you continue to enjoy yourself here!

:samwelcome: