I visited a dying brother the other day (fb post said that he had no family & wanted company)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I visited the brother and held a long conversation with him. He is down to bones now due to a terminal cancer. He is now in hospice and just waiting for death.

He is just 27 years of age and has been in America for just few years. He has no family accept an elderly aunt.

He told me that he discovered he was sick right after coming out of University in the Northern regions of Somalia thats better known today as Somaliland.

He said that he was so much looking forward to doing something with his education and had even planned out his next 5 years when he felt sick and went to a doctor in town. The doctor was a former soviet Union educated and a citizen of that region. He said at first he didnt believe it and panicked and somehow managed to have the reeraha to send him to an Asian country to get further diagnoses and treatment. While there they confirmed the terrible diagnoses and started treating him. Meanwhile he registered with the UN to be settled in any country and the US made his case a priority. He got here few years ago when the disease was in remission. As soon as he got here it got back in vengeance and now he is at his last days.

I read Quran on him and played this beautiful quran from my phone and he asked if he can have that link and so I send him the link.

The whole time I was there he was reminiscing about his life and what could've been and how this life is uncertain and why he thought he planned it all out. He terribly misses back home and one time I was talking to him about places that I visited that I know of he stopped me and said "no no no! please dont tell me about that place, it hurts my heart to know that I will never see it again. What a childhood I had and what a life I had".

Folks from SomaliSpot please reevaluate you life and keep in mind that your youthful days are not a guarantee to longivity. Try to be a better human being and worship your creator. Be very good to your family and just know that you are a traveler in this world.

Please pray for him.

May Allah make it easy for him

(also dont just assume that he will die before you because god knows who is in line first to die in the hours and days to come)

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Jzk khayr . Sheikh menace bin columbi .

Not looking for any praise but I do things during Ramadan. Last year I raised some serious money through crowdfunding websites for desperate people back home. I couldnt believe I succeeded with it. I used Somali social media stars to post it on their FB walls and what have you and thats how it took off.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Top man. Ilaahey ha uu sahlo.

Dhamaanteen!

I intend to visit him as much as I can. Cant imagine being away from my immediate family in such a terrible condition and on my last days on earth.

Great thing ive observed is that walahi every 30 minutes there was random Somalis showing up. I replaced some random guy and then as I was sitting there this great guy (pious religious young cat that I knew ) arrived but I told them I still had sometime to stay with him and so he left after few minutes. I waited for another 30 minutes or so and another random guy came and so I passed the torch to him.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
May Allah swt heal him, and if it's his time to go, May Allah swt grant him the highest jannah.

You're a kind soul menace. I hope Allah swt rewards you with unbelievable treasures.

May allah give him shifaa and if the worst happens that its his time to meet his creator, i hope he gets into firdows, the best of all jannahs, Aamiin.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
May Allah swt heal him, and if it's his time to go, May Allah swt grant him the highest jannah.

You're a kind soul menace. I hope Allah swt rewards you with unbelievable treasures.

I'm a sinner but god can see my compassionate heart. That why I hate our political leaders.

I wonder if my good deeds out weigh my dambi but aren't we all complex

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
May allah give him shifaa and if the worst happens that its his time to meet his creator, i hope he gets into firdows, the best of all jannahs, Aamiin.

THose who are inflicted with pain and illness have their dambi deducted

Leo

The Brave
AUN! May allah swt easy his pain and suffering. Is this kid from Ethiopia ? I heard something similar last week from a friend.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
AUN! May allah swt easy his pain and suffering. Is this kid from Ethiopia ? I heard something similar last week from a friend.

I think I'd be intruding in his private rights if I disclose his qabiil but I'll say that his qabiil reside both in SL and Kilinka Shanaad

Gambar

VIP
May Allah ease his affairs. Allah ha ku barakayo walaal that's a good thing you did.

Also, I noticed elderly Somalis in the west suffer from loneliness. Very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending