I own a plot in Qardho worth 30k (today’s price)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it for just under 2k in 2004. How much would it cost for me to build a property. 20k 30k?

I just wanna know your opinion

cheers.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I bought it for just under 2k in 2004. How much would it cost for me to build a property. 20k 30k?

I just wanna know your opinion

cheers.

Land would still be in Cheap in Qardho, government isn't there plus it aint Bosaso or Galkacyo which are business centers. You will find unfortunately, the customer demand for your plot of land will be low, if you can get 30k for it good luck but be prepared to negiotate further down because noone is coming to Qardho.

If Qardho got some amazing investment in energy like oil sector or even a clean energy sector like wind-farms and solar energy farms that are exported to China In the dharoor valley, it would be boom time for Qardho as it is the next closest city and has a good climate in comparison to Bosaso and properties would sell like hot cakes as people start settling Qardho to get work in the new industry in dharor valley.

Till then expect peanuts for your land and it will all depend on how desperate you are to get rid of it also and how desperate a buyer is, if the buyer is desperate he will pay higher or you can negiotate higher if he isn't desperate and you are desperate to get rid of it, you will negiotate lower to make it a bargain price for him to take or the other solution is your not desperate and he is not desperate and your land stays the way it is, hoping it rises one day with oil productions near dharoor valley.

I will only buy property in Qardho when Somalia is at peace and there is a firm constitution and agreements in place that are insured and protected by the supreme court, clan elders, religious elders, and even the people with their guns like the americans do with their constitution, till I see that, I ain't buying shit in Somalia as it's unstable and my investment could tank if they go into another civil war as people start fleeing all over again and my property starts to decline in value and my money is basically burned.

Somalia isn't an investment friendly location, their are some taking the plunge and gambling things will get better and buying early and getting ready for a boom, but I am skeptical about Somalia long-term direction politically, their implementing democracy a past system and we know the past failures of that system, so it's basically on stand-by for another civil war in 50 years as the same factors that led to our demise in the first place re-hash again.

There is a few other things I am concerned about the lack of true reconciliation using a proper mechanism that can satisfy people especially around power-sharing, resources, economics, taxation, security, and the major areas of concern, there is still no agreement in place so it could be a recipe for another civil war, all we have is transitional agreements in place and that only means 'we will agree some other time' and that's not going to give confidence even to a angel investor or average person let alone major corporations around oil companies who will lose billions if they make the wrong decision about entering an unstable nation politically.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Land would still be in Cheap in Qardho, government isn't there plus it aint Bosaso or Galkacyo which are business centers. You will find unfortunately, the customer demand for your plot of land will be low, if you can get 30k for it good luck but be prepared to negiotate further down because noone is coming to Qardho.

If Qardho got some amazing investment in energy like oil sector or even a clean energy sector like wind-farms and solar energy farms that are exported to China In the dharoor valley, it would be boom time for Qardho as it is the next closest city and has a good climate in comparison to Bosaso and properties would sell like hot cakes as people start settling Qardho to get work in the new industry in dharor valley.

Till then expect peanuts for your land and it will all depend on how desperate you are to get rid of it also and how desperate a buyer is, if the buyer is desperate he will pay higher or you can negiotate higher if he isn't desperate and you are desperate to get rid of it, you will negiotate lower to make it a bargain price for him to take or the other solution is your not desperate and he is not desperate and your land stays the way it is, hoping it rises one day with oil productions near dharoor valley.

I will only buy property in Qardho when Somalia is at peace and there is a firm constitution and agreements in place that are insured and protected by the supreme court, clan elders, religious elders, and even the people with their guns like the americans do with their constitution, till I see that, I ain't buying shit in Somalia as it's unstable and my investment could tank if they go into another civil war as people start fleeing all over again and my property starts to decline in value and my money is basically burned.

Somalia isn't an investment friendly location, their are some taking the plunge and gambling things will get better and buying early and getting ready for a boom, but I am skeptical about Somalia long-term direction politically, their implementing democracy a past system and we know the past failures of that system, so it's basically on stand-by for another civil war in 50 years as the same factors that led to our demise in the first place re-hash again.

There is a few other things I am concerned about the lack of true reconciliation using a proper mechanism that can satisfy people especially around power-sharing, resources, economics, taxation, security, and the major areas of concern, there is still no agreement in place so it could be a recipe for another civil war, all we have is transitional agreements in place and that only means 'we will agree some other time' and that's not going to give confidence even to a angel investor or average person let alone major corporations around oil companies who will lose billions if they make the wrong decision about entering an unstable nation politically.
Do you know how much it would cost to rent out a two story house in bosaso (my dad just built it for 100k)

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Do you know how much it would cost to rent out a two story house in bosaso (my dad just built it for 100k)

You can buy a house for 20-30k in Qardho, But Garowe is just as expensive as Mogadishu and Bosaso and Galkacyo aint much better either. It's due to being the financial heart and where work is located either government work or business type of work and people needing a home in the location.

Be prepared to fork out at least 100k for Bosaso for two storey. My dad built a house in Garowe just a single storey villa(but he has heaps of land and property in mogadishu also from his old days plus a sizeable livestock population that can buy him a villa or two if he sold it today especially the camels he inherited from his father) but he wanted to have a house in Garowe this time and he paid around 60k for a single storey villa but it was in the best suburb 1st of august where all the government officials live. Plus he has a few properties in the west for a few million dollars. My dad is rich as f*ck if you think about it and now he wants to get a MP or Nabadoon role in Garowe and get more cash and invest with a few ali saleban on factory.

I am the one who is holding my family back and I feel guilty about it, my brother is self made also business man and my sister owns so many franchises in the beauty salon and does white girls up. I am the reject of the family loooooooool but I am getting up soon after in a few months and getting back into my IT role and investing in a business as a partner so I can work in IT and make 80k-100k till I get my experience up to move into the 300k bracket and have side investment portfolios bringing me in secondary income in particularly small business partnerships as an angel investor or capital provider and then buying properties or land or investing further into other business to diversify for my portfolio. Accumulate my pension up and have a cool half a million or a million accumulated there after 30 years of working and have my side incomes happening also in business world.

Wish me luck, I just gotta over-come this mental illness and psychosis but I am nearly there inshallah. Psychosis is just seeing jinns nothing else, I see another reality that u dont see or hear the jinn world.

Last edited:

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
You can buy a house for 20-30k in Qardho, But Garowe is just as expensive as Mogadishu and Bosaso and Galkacyo aint much better either. It's due to being the financial heart and where work is located either government work or business type of work and people needing a home in the location.

Be prepared to fork out at least 100k for Bosaso for two storey. My dad built a house in Garowe just a single storey villa(but he has heaps of land and property in mogadishu also from his old days plus a sizeable livestock population that can buy him a villa or two if he sold it today especially the camels he inherited from his father) but he wanted to have a house in Garowe this time and he paid around 60k for a single storey villa but it was in the best suburb 1st of august where all the government officials live. Plus he has a few properties in the west for a few million dollars. My dad is rich as f*ck if you think about it and now he wants to get a MP or Nabadoon role in Garowe and get more cash and invest with a few ali saleban on factory.

I am the one who is holding my family back and I feel guilty about it, my brother is self made also business man and my sister owns so many franchises in the beauty salon and does white girls up. I am the reject of the family loooooooool but I am getting up soon after in a few months and getting back into my IT role and investing in a business as a partner so I can work in IT and make 80k-100k till I get my experience up to move into the 300k bracket and have side investment portfolios bringing me in secondary income in particularly small business partnerships as an angel investor or capital provider and then buying properties or land or investing further into other business to diversify for my portfolio. Accumulate my pension up and have a cool half a million or a million accumulated there after 30 years of working and have my side incomes happening also in business world.

Wish me luck, I just gotta over-come this mental illness and psychosis but I am nearly there inshallah. Psychosis is just seeing jinns nothing else, I see another reality that u dont see or hear the jinn world.
ye my dad just built it for 100k now he wants to buy the land besides the house to build another two story house

Inshallah you will win this battle brother. I will be praying for you.

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic

Guuleyso walaal

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
you can build a two storey building on a plot of 20 by 20. for 50 to 60 thousand. i dont know where yall got 100 thousand from but i have experience in construction in bosaso. unless your including the purchase of the land also but construction will cost you no more than 60k

La Xawla

you can build a two storey building on a plot of 20 by 20. for 50 to 60 thousand. i dont know where yall got 100 thousand from but i have experience in construction in bosaso. unless your including the purchase of the land also but construction will cost you no more than 60k
Do you live in Bosaso?

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
I got the 100k from my dad as he built the house, he built it in new bosaso which could be more expensive than other neighborhoods.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
20 x 20 ft seems small.

can I pm you about this? I can relate with this

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
How’s it like? How many years you been there fam?
i been here a couple of months but i been going back and forth from toronto to bosaso for a couple of years now.its nice here if you are her for vactation or business but if you get send down here for daqan celis you will hate it.

La Xawla

i been here a couple of months but i been going back and forth from toronto to bosaso for a couple of years now.its nice here if you are her for vactation or business but if you get send down here for daqan celis you will hate it.
I tried to PM you but I can’t :farmajoyaab:

I always enjoy reading your post sxb, you seem like a really intelligent person, Insallah i hope everything goes well for you sxb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts