Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Son of Aw-Barre
where one marries his brother's widow
I mean come on how can you bust all kindsof D-cheese butter
inside your dumaashi's sweet canjero

that's beyond insanity

upload_2017-3-4_10-25-16.jpeg

Somali culture needs reforms and dumaal, fgm and giving blood money together with an innocent girl (when she didnt kill anyone) are few examples that need urgent reformation:fittytousand:

Somali culture needs reforms and dumaal, fgm and giving blood money together with an innocent girl (when she didnt kill anyone) are few examples that need urgent reformation:fittytousand:

Blood money is great you moron. No one can pay 50k dollars on his own.

Blood money is one of the advanage of qabil.

And dumaal is a good way to keep family relation when the husband or wife dies.

Blood money is great you moron. No one can pay 50k dollars on his own.

Blood money is one of the advanage of qabil.

And dumaal is a good way to keep family relation when the husband or wife dies.
Blood money is not the issue you kiddo... the problem is in most cases when the blood money is paid a Female from the killers family is married off to the deceased guys family! Now that is the problem Why should an innocent girl take the burden of a killer??:ufdup:

So let's say u die, u'd rather your wife, now a widow, marry a strange man and have this man live in your house with your kids, not knowing what he's capable of doing to them? If I died it's a no brainer that I'd want my brother to marry the widow I left behind for three reasons 1. I don't want my wife to be with a new man, if someone is gonna taste her malab then let it be my brother 2. My kids will be safe because they're being raised by their blood uncle 3. The wealth I built will be kept in the family instead of going to a new random guy.

is there a term for the reverse - where the wife dies and her sister steps in?

is it called shumaal? shemaal? :lolbron:

I need answers beeble...

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
So let's say u die, u'd rather your wife, now a widow, marry a strange man and have this man live in your house with your kids, not knowing what he's capable of doing to them? If I died it's a no brainer that I'd want my brother to marry the widow I left behind for three reasons 1. I don't want my wife to be with a new man, if someone is gonna taste her malab then let it be my brother 2. My kids will be safe because they're being raised by their blood uncle 3. The wealth I built will be kept in the family instead of going to a new random guy.

giphy.gif

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Blood money is not the issue you kiddo... the problem is in most cases when the blood money is paid a Female from the killers family is married off to the deceased guys family! Now that is the problem Why should an innocent girl take the burden of a killer??:ufdup:

The giving of the girl to the family ensures that the blood feud between the two families/clans ends for good, because nothing binds two families together like marriage does. You're coming at this from a Western individualist perspective where personal happiness and fulfillment takes precedence over social cohesion and group solidarity.

is there a term for the reverse - where the wife dies and her sister steps in?

is it called shumaal? shemaal? :lolbron:

I need answers beeble...

lol It's called the same thing. IF ur talking about the guy u say 'wuxu dumaalay so and so', when ur talking about the girl u say 'waxa dumaalay so and so' since it's the guy doing the 'dumaaling'. This goes for whether it's the wife who died and her sister is marrying the widower or the reverse scenario. Same goes for guur (marriage), u can never say 'waxay guursatay so and so' instead u have to say 'waxa guursaday so and so'.

lol It's called the same thing. IF ur talking about the guy u say 'wuxu dumaalay so and so' when ur talking about girl u say 'waxa dumaalay so and so'. since it's the guy doing the dumaaling. This foes for whether it's the wife who died nad her sister is marrying the widower or the the reverse. Same goes for guur (marriage), u can never say 'waxay guursatay so and so' instead u have to say 'waxa guursaday so and so'.

appreciate the detailed answer. :salute:

Zorro

Son of Aw-Barre
I just cant have sex with my brothers widow
I do supprt her marrying a othr relative

Zorro

Son of Aw-Barre
The giving of the girl to the family ensures that the blood feud between the two families/clans ends for good, because nothing binds two families together like marriage does. You're coming at this from a Western individualist perspective where personal happiness and fulfillment takes precedence over social cohesion and group solidarity.
what about ur children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts