I need your advice, This is serious .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen Carawelo

I've a question. How would you react if an ex friend who you didn't speak with for 4 years, called you out of the blue and asked to go to lunch with you. Since I wasn't doing anything today, I agreed. We went to this Greek restaurant, had really good conversation. And then that friend asks you to accompany her to a welcoming party next week.

Here's my question.

I haven't spoken to this person for 4 years, didn't see her around town and now out of the blue, she reappears and wants me to go party with her. I didn't want to be rude in the restaurant. How can I politely decline? I'm keeping my distance.

A friend of mine suggested I should text her and tell her no. Should I do it face to face or a text?

Ex friend? Did you both just drift apart or did the friendship end badly?

If it's the latter, maybe she feels bad at what happened between you two and its her way of saying sorry. You should go.

If your friendship just ended naturally, its up to you if you want to.

Sultana

On Hiatus
It's up to you. You can just tell her something came up and that you're busy. It really depends on why you're not friends.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Why does she want you to accompany her to a welcoming party? Is it a Somali party? Who are y'all welcoming? What's her qabil and the qabil of the person you're welcoming ( I'm dead serious btw)?

T

Tokio

she appears after you got engaged asking you to accompany her to some party....spiked drinks... trouble..she is trying to RUIN YOU!!!!!

f*ck I need to stop watching too much csi!

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Queen Carawelo

never do it via text, that's just rude imo..face to face would be ideal.

I originally wanted to do face to face, so I might go to that route.

Ex friend? Did you both just drift apart or did the friendship end badly?

If it's the latter, maybe she feels bad at what happened between you two and its her way of saying sorry. You should go.

If your friendship just ended naturally, its up to you if you want to.
It ended pretty badly, my bestie and her bf at the time started dating and she accused me of helping them. So I cut her off and move on with my life. My bestie is married to the guy now. So it was meant to be.

It's up to you. You can just tell her something came up and that you're busy. It really depends on why you're not friends.
I just feel like she's trying to set me up. My gut feeling is telling me not to trust her.

Why does she want you to accompany her to a welcoming party? Is it a Somali party? Who are y'all welcoming? What's her qabil and the qabil of the person you're welcoming ( I'm dead serious btw)?

I feel like she's trying to set me up and there's no party. I could be wrong though, I've no idea why she wants me to accompany her. She's Warsangeli. And she said the party is for her cousin from San Diego who's also Warsangeli.

Q

Queen Carawelo

That doesn't mean you should be mean with her. Be polite and make up an excuse (I'm going to another city that day).
I won't be mean, I'm not the drama queen I used to be. I will make up some excuse.

Q

Queen Carawelo

How did she get your number?
She got it from a mutual friend of ours, who lives out of town. The mutual friend asked me if it was alright to give her my number, I didn't want to be mean so I said ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.