I lost a brother today to atheism

Status
Not open for further replies.
My childhood best friend just announced to me he doesn't believe in God anymore. I can't put into words what to think. He wants my support.

Just a few months ago he was praying with me. I dont understand how he switched up so quickly. I'm shaken up by this whole ordeal because it seems this whole atheism is spreading slowly but surely into our community. He said he was researching for a while and he came to the conclusion that there is no God. I can't put my head around it. I never thought atheism would take my friend out of all people. He said there's no one he trusts more than me. I have love for him, but as much as it breaks me I can't support him in his decision. But i also don't want to lose a brother :jcoleno:

Last edited:
Thanks bro. I'm trying to convince him to think about his decision carefully but he's adamant. He said I'm not his real bro unless I support him :kendrickcry:

Tough spot to be in breh. It's honestly something you can't support him on it, and he should know that. At best, you can take the military table approach to religion and not discuss it at all.

I think you might have to prepare for the worst and accept that there is a possibility of your friendship deteriorating. I've seen it happen with Christians.

Don't get me wrong, I think u can be friends with atheists. I have atheist friends myself, but I imagine it just isn't the same when you meet them as Atheists/non-Muslims and losing someone you identify with on a different level.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
You lost a brother. But we've gained one. Circle of life.

giphy.gif

Tough spot to be in breh. It's honestly something you can't support him on it, and he should know that. At best, you can take the military table approach to religion and not discuss it at all.

I think you might have to prepare for the worst and accept that there is a possibility of your friendship deteriorating. I've seen it happen with Christians.

Don't get me wrong, I think u can be friends with atheists. I have atheist friends myself, but I imagine it just isn't the same when you meet them as Atheists/non-Muslims and losing someone you identify with on a different level.

I agree bro. It's not looking good at the moment. Why this nigga gotta put an ultimatum on my head like that? I can't compromise my religion no matter.

I have gaal friends and I don't care for their religion. But this guy said support me or be gone. I hope Allah guides him real soon :lawd:

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
He aint your brother no more sxb its dambi on your part if you support him. If he refuses to come back cut him off. Its either him or Allah. Its no choice at all.

You can be friends with non muslims but when someone WAS muslim then leaves it you cant be friends/family with them anymore

:farmajoyaab:These gaalos laughing at my pain. They read one or two articles and think they're the aabo of atheism. f*ck outta here. Normally I'd say ilaahay naarta ha idinku fogeeyo. May Allah guide you

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
I agree bro. It's not looking good at the moment. Why this nigga gotta put an ultimatum on my head like that? I can't compromise my religion no matter.

I have gaal friends and I don't care for their religion. But this guy said support me or be gone. I hope Allah guides him real soon :lawd:

The best thing would be to make dua for him.

Allah guides whom He Wills.

Suárez

Every man is a Shepard to his people.
:farmajoyaab:These gaalos laughing at my pain. They read one or two articles and think they're the aabo of atheism. f*ck outta here. Normally I'd say ilaahay naarta ha idinku fogeeyo. May Allah guide you
IKR, thats how they all act. Listen even a Muslim learnt a bit of aspects of the deen he is not even proper 3alim. Even whats more funnier atheism think that all theist all think the same and have all answers to everything.

My childhood best friend just announced to me he doesn't believe in God anymore. I can't put into words what to think. He wants my support.

Just a few months ago he was praying with me. I dont understand how he switched up so quickly. I'm shaken up by this whole ordeal because it seems this whole atheism is spreading slowly but surely into our community. He said he was researching for a while and he came to the conclusion that there is no God. I can't put my head around it. I never thought atheism would take my friend out of all people. He said there's no one he trusts more than me. I have love for him, but as much as it breaks me I can't support him in his decision. But i also don't want to lose a brother :jcoleno:

You don't have to support his point of view, but you have to offer him comfort and aid.

Otherwise you must admit to yourself and him that your relationship was conditional.
:yacadiim:

Now why you all fake outraging. I thought this was cancer or some important shit :sass2:

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
Otherwise you must admit to yourself and him that your relationship was conditional.

It should be conditional on belief in Allah subhanahu watacala. Aint no such thing as family/friends over EVERYTHING. Allah says obey your parents in everything that pleases him and nothing that displeases him

Suárez

It should be conditional on belief in Allah subhanahu watacala. Aint no such thing as family/friends over EVERYTHING. Allah says obey your parents in everything that pleases him and nothing that displeases him
Did you know the sahabah used to obey they're kuffar parents. No excuse for those converts to tease they're parents of being stupid kuffar.

You make our religion seem more like a cult now :dabcasar:

I'll be friends with whoever I desire:camby:

But right now it is just a few male colleges and my cats :damedamn:

Very saddening man.Islam is a truth on itself if he has made his final decision and forcing you to support him just walk away.He most likely will engage in haram due to his new found view and because of your friendship will try to drag u with him.The state of someone who has left the deen will be extreme jealousy.Just look at the atheists here they want everyone to leave the religion to further affirm their belief system.Ofcourse some have made rational choices while others are just riding on the bandwagon.When it fails they get violent, quiet similiar to what happened to you.I have gaalo friends but none would tell me to support them in whatever religion they are in , it's absurd.

He aint your brother no more sxb its dambi on your part if you support him. If he refuses to come back cut him off. Its either him or Allah. Its no choice at all.

You can be friends with non muslims but when someone WAS muslim then leaves it you cant be friends/family with them anymore

I would never support him but I was willing to stay bros with him. However in this case he's the one who's threatening to cut me off if I don't support him. There's a Hadith or an ayat I think that says its dambi if I'm not wrong

Suárez

You make our religion seem more like a cult now :dabcasar:

I'll be friends with whoever I desire:camby:

But right now it is just a few male colleges and my cats :damedamn:
He trying to say that the deen does not permit being friend with a Apostate. Not a kaffir in origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts