I have a question...

Desert Flower

Staff Member
Honestly speaking, how does the N-word make you feel as a Somali? Do you feel demoralized or degraded by it? I ask because there has been alot of controversy surrounding many universities in Canada (uOttawa, Windsor and Concordia) that have had professors saying the N-word in class. Do you identify with the 'anti-black racism' rhetoric? Or do you feel like its an issue that only impacts descendants of slaves (African Americans and Caribbean's) and therefore, you feel like an outsider.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
Staff Member
It doesn't affect me , cause my people didn't go through slavery. I don't use that word either only if I am listening to gangsta rap and it has the N word in its lyrics. Also I am not ok with white people using that term.

Zubeirrrrrr

Staff Member
I know I’m black but if somebody called me the n-word it wouldn’t affect me the way it would affect an AA because my ancestors weren’t slaves.

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
I think anyone who says they wouldn't be bothered by it is lying. In fact, they'd probably be more mad because it's a reminder that they're black :icon lol:

Zubeirrrrrr

Staff Member
I think anyone who says they wouldn't be bothered by it is lying. In fact, they'd probably be more mad because it's a reminder that they're black :icon lol:
Why do you bow down to AA’s so much? All I see you do on this forum is praise them and try to act like we are the same as them. Nobody is denying we’re black, we’re just not AA. Our ancestors weren’t slaves therefore the n word shouldn’t offend us. Wallahi you wanna be AA so badly.

I'd honestly just laugh it off, I'm not getting arrested for fighting like some teenager who can't keep his ego in check.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
Staff Member
I don't care about african americans. they don't like us or see us as African.

But what happened to them is sad in the past.

Honestly speaking, how does the N-word make you feel as a Somali? Do you feel demoralized or degraded by it? I ask because there has been alot of controversy surrounding many universities in Canada (uOttawa, Windsor and Concordia) that have had professors saying the N-word in class. Do you identify with the 'anti-black racism' rhetoric? Or do you feel like its an issue that only impacts descendants of slaves (African Americans and Caribbean's) and therefore, you feel like an outsider.
If a white person called me the n word, I would punch his/her pink ass out, or anyone race which isn’t black for that matter

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Why do you bow down to AA’s so much? All I see you do on this forum is praise them and try to act like we are the same as them. Nobody is denying we’re black, we’re just not AA. Our ancestors weren’t slaves therefore the n word shouldn’t offend us. Wallahi you wanna be AA so badly.
It's a slur that targets all black people. You think a racist asks what your nationality is before calling you that? And why do non-Americans use the word against black people that aren't African American?

Abdisamad

No drama
VIP
It's a slur that targets all black people. You think a racist asks what your nationality is before calling you that? And why do non-Americans use the word against black people that aren't African American?
The racist cadan can't see the difference between a bantu and Somali.. At some point they even consider dhegacas to be negroes too.

Trending

Latest posts