I find it hilarious that you're all against interracial marriages when y'all have ajnabi in-laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all Somali families have a sibling or first cousin or uncle or aunt or whoever have married an ajnabi (after much digging, I don't have any close ajnabi in laws). So if this is as common as uunsi in the Somali community, whats with the outrage about interracial marriages?

:mjlol:

Because it's not possible to hold a different belief/value to your relatives who've chosen to marry an ajnabi right?

You as a Somali atheist should know better.

Almost all Somali families have a sibling or first cousin or uncle or aunt or whoever have married an ajnabi (after much digging, I don't have any close ajnabi in laws). So if this is as common as uunsi in the Somali community, whats with the outrage about interracial marriages?

:mjlol:

No one in my family married an ajnabi :mjhaps:

I haven't ever dealt with an "ajnabi in-law" :mjhaps:

When I visit my in-laws it's sambuusa, buur, shaah cadeys, biskuts, iyo xalwo:mjhaps:

No disgusting ajnabi food :mjhaps:

No Half-Somalis round here :mjhaps:

Because it's not possible to hold a different belief/value to your relatives who've chosen to marry an ajnabi right?

You as a Somali atheist should know better.

Hold whatever views you like.

I just find it hilarious you have such views while holding your mixed race infant newphew or cousin.

Somalis who marry out aren't accepted in the community :mjhaps:

You know that abayo macaan like a hilib ari burrito :mjhaps:

Most Somalis who marry out are not heavily involved in the community outside their family and therefore do not care. I mean women here because a Somali man marrying out is accepted.

Marry whoever you like.

Just pointing out the irony of those militantly against mixed marriages when they are so deeply connected to them.

:comeon:

I'm not militantly against it I believe in letting people make their decisions and live their lives, my preference is my own.

Most Somalis who marry out are not heavily involved in the community outside their family and therefore do not care. I mean women here because a Somali man marrying out is accepted.

A Somali man marrying out isn't accepted. I understand the "Muh Qabiil passed down to Muh Kids cause Patriarchy Fam!" but that still isn't the case. I've seen a Somali man with a black women and he got alot of hate for it.

Somalis are racist people and aren't "cool" with interracial marriages. If I go to a Somali event with "Becky wit da good hair" in my Dodge Caravan, Somalis will be side-eyeing me and criticizing me for my decision saying "How come you never went with a beautiful Somali girl?"

A Somali man marrying out isn't accepted. I understand the "Muh Qabiil passed down to Muh Kids cause Patriarchy Fam!" but that still isn't the case. I've seen a Somali man with a black women and he got alot of hate for it.

Somalis are racist people and aren't "cool" with interracial marriages. If I go to a Somali event with "Becky wit da good hair" in my Dodge Caravan, Somalis will be side-eyeing me and criticizing me for my decision saying "How come you never went with a beautiful Somali girl?"

I just mean one is more accepted than the other. Ive seen this in my family.

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
The choices of other people in your family do has nothing to with your ultimate choice when it comes to marriage.

We all have autonomy as individual human beings, and with that comes the ability to marry who you like. Even if your family members marry ajnabi, You can still and prefer to stick with your own ethnicity if you choose to do so. There is absolutely no contradiction there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts