I filmed walking through the Suuq/market of Hargeisa town ( hilib out in the open )

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumMo

very lowkey
With all those face covering burqas you would think this is somewhere in the middle-east tbh..
:ayaanswag:

But it looks fun, i’d love to be there.

Last edited:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
With all those face covering burqas you would think this is somewhere in the middle-east tbh..
:ayaanswag:

But it looks fun, i’d love to be there..

It actually is fun to walk through it. It's alive and bustling.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Same as Kismayo, but not to a full blown hell hole.
Is there a sand problem? How are the roads up there?
Also, how is the weather?

The weather is actually a gift from god, pleasant, sunny majority of the time even though it's the spring season now it is still pretty sunny. Each time I go out during daylight I sweat like I never do in the states. It's very healthy to walk around. I think I've lost 8 pounds thus far due to diarrhea and walking under the sun.

There's kind of a sand problem where the sand intrudes into the roads. There's also unrelenting dust, it covers you, your car, shoes and clothing.

The weather is actually a gift from god, pleasant, sunny majority of the time even though it's the spring season now it is still pretty sunny. Each time I go out during daylight I sweat like I never do in the states. It's very healthy to walk around. I think I've lost 8 pounds thus far due to diarrhea and walking under the sun.

There's kind of a sand problem where the sand intrudes into the roads. There's also unrelenting dust, it covers you, your car, shoes and clothing.
I'm surised there's a sand peoblem tbh, I thought Hargeysa was rocky.
If you think inland Waqooyi is hot, you haven't felt the heat of Gedo and inland J/Dhexe (35C+ heat in summer , 40C heat in Baardheere, other parts of Gedo and parts of J/Dhexe).

How is the food there? Do they eat like Geeljires? How is the qudaar quality?

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I'm surised there's a sand peoblem tbh, I thought Hargeysa was rocky.
If you think inland Waqooyi is hot, you haven't felt the heat of Gedo and inland J/Dhexe (35C+ heat in summer , 40C heat in Baardheere, other parts of Gedo and parts of J/Dhexe).

How is the food there? Do they eat like Geeljires? How is the qudaar quality?

FOOD IS HORRIBLE HERE if you eating from outside but delicious if you have a casuumad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending