I don't think Somalia will ever recover...

I think it's a doomed project. It's a dead society. People eat, drink, work, and f*ck, and have no ambitions beyond that. They lack imagination and creativity, harbor some very barbaric and self-defeating conservative beliefs. It's a place you go for vacation perhaps but hardly a place to settle.

Even if the Islamists and qabilists are defeated climate change is expected to ruin the country. And people are personally opposed to a banking sector which is relevant to develop any society.

I think a society can get so broken that it's impossible to fix it.

Last edited:
A part of me wants to agree with you, i’ll say this, somalia has gotten much much safer since AMISOM got stationed over there. SNA has long way to go, but the little progress they’re making is quite motivating to see.

I think it's a doomed project. It's a dead society. People eat, drink, work, and f*ck, and have no ambitions beyond that. They lack imagination and creativity, harbor some very barbaric and self-defeating conservative beliefs. It's a place you go for vacation perhaps but hardly a place to settle.

Even if the Islamists and qabilists are defeated climate change is expected to ruin the country. And people are personally opposed to a banking sector which is relevant to develop any society.

Ok

Honestly speaking it all depends on what you want from life. Many diaspora have moved back home. 99% of the times it’s fathers that have decided which is natural since they are the leaders of the home , and even though we lack in healthcare they’ve taken their chances and figured that the benefits outweighs the cons, whether it be financial, cultural , religious or all in together.

Trending