I cant believe my eyes. Is this haram?

They're halal and very common music genre in Horn African muslim groups.

Another Soomaali one.

Jebrati.

Oromo.

Amhara

There is technically music in this do you not hear yourself :drakewtf:
Drums and electric pianos are halal saaxib. The only instruments that are forbidden are wind-based (Flues) and string instruments (Guitar, Oud).

I recommend that you watch this short video, at first the context might seem off laakin you'll understand why I sent it after you're done watching.

Drums and electric pianos are halal saaxib. The only instruments that are forbidden are wind-based ones (Flues) and string instruments (Guitar, Oud).

I recommend that you watch this short video, at first the context might seem off laakin you'll understand why I sent it after you're done watching.

Send me a verse in a Hadith or in the Quran that says instruments are halal

The only thing I heard of is that the drum is the only instrument that can be played but only on special occasions

those special occasions can be something like a wedding, eid or a celebration

Send me a verse in a Hadith or in the Quran that says instruments are halal

The only thing I heard of is that the drum is the only instrument that can be played but only on special occasions

those special occasions can be something like a wedding, eid or a celebration
There is a large discriminate in the Muslim community in regards if music is prohibited or not. I'll link to you two blogs/articles that have concluded that music is/is not haram and you male your own conclusion from there on rather which one seems to be more correct.

There is a large discriminate in the Muslim community in regards if music is prohibited or not. I'll link to you two blogs/articles that have concluded that music is/is not haram and you male your own conclusion from there on rather which one seems to be more correct.

ูˆูŽู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ู‡ูุดูŽุงู…ู ุจู’ู†ู ุนูŽู…ูŽู‘ุงุฑู ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุตูŽุฏูŽู‚ูŽุฉู ุจู’ู†ู ุฎูŽุงู„ูุฏูุŒ ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุนูŽุจู’ุฏู ุงู„ุฑูŽู‘ุญู’ู…ูŽู†ู ุจู’ู†ู ูŠูŽุฒููŠุฏูŽ ุจู’ู†ู ุฌูŽุงุจูุฑูุŒ ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุนูŽุทููŠูŽู‘ุฉู ุจู’ู†ู ู‚ูŽูŠู’ุณู ุงู„ู’ูƒูู„ุงูŽุจููŠูู‘ุŒ ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุนูŽุจู’ุฏู ุงู„ุฑูŽู‘ุญู’ู…ูŽู†ู ุจู’ู†ู ุบูŽู†ู’ู…ู ุงู„ุฃูŽุดู’ุนูŽุฑููŠูู‘ุŒ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ููŠ ุฃูŽุจููˆ ุนูŽุงู…ูุฑู ู€ ุฃูŽูˆู’ ุฃูŽุจููˆ ู…ูŽุงู„ููƒู ู€ ุงู„ุฃูŽุดู’ุนูŽุฑููŠูู‘ ูˆูŽุงู„ู„ูŽู‘ู‡ู ู…ูŽุง ูƒูŽุฐูŽุจูŽู†ููŠ ุณูŽู…ูุนูŽ ุงู„ู†ูŽู‘ุจููŠูŽู‘ ุตู„ู‰ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู„ูŠู‡ ูˆุณู„ู… ูŠูŽู‚ููˆู„ู โ€ "โ€ ู„ูŽูŠูŽูƒููˆู†ูŽู†ูŽู‘ ู…ูู†ู’ ุฃูู…ูŽู‘ุชููŠ ุฃูŽู‚ู’ูˆูŽุงู…ูŒ ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุญูู„ูู‘ูˆู†ูŽ ุงู„ู’ุญูุฑูŽ ูˆูŽุงู„ู’ุญูŽุฑููŠุฑูŽ ูˆูŽุงู„ู’ุฎูŽู…ู’ุฑูŽ ูˆูŽุงู„ู’ู…ูŽุนูŽุงุฒูููŽุŒ ูˆูŽู„ูŽูŠูŽู†ู’ุฒูู„ูŽู†ูŽู‘ ุฃูŽู‚ู’ูˆูŽุงู…ูŒ ุฅูู„ูŽู‰ ุฌูŽู†ู’ุจู ุนูŽู„ูŽู…ู ูŠูŽุฑููˆุญู ุนูŽู„ูŽูŠู’ู‡ูู…ู’ ุจูุณูŽุงุฑูุญูŽุฉู ู„ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ุŒ ูŠูŽุฃู’ุชููŠู‡ูู…ู’ ู€ ูŠูŽุนู’ู†ููŠ ุงู„ู’ููŽู‚ููŠุฑูŽ ู€ ู„ูุญูŽุงุฌูŽุฉู ููŽูŠูŽู‚ููˆู„ููˆุง ุงุฑู’ุฌูุนู’ ุฅูู„ูŽูŠู’ู†ูŽุง ุบูŽุฏู‹ุงโ€.โ€ ููŽูŠูุจูŽูŠูู‘ุชูู‡ูู…ู ุงู„ู„ูŽู‘ู‡ู ูˆูŽูŠูŽุถูŽุนู ุงู„ู’ุนูŽู„ูŽู…ูŽุŒ ูˆูŽูŠูŽู…ู’ุณูŽุฎู ุขุฎูŽุฑููŠู†ูŽ ู‚ูุฑูŽุฏูŽุฉู‹ ูˆูŽุฎูŽู†ูŽุงุฒููŠุฑูŽ ุฅูู„ูŽู‰ ูŠูŽูˆู’ู…ู ุงู„ู’ู‚ููŠูŽุงู…ูŽุฉู โ€"โ€โ€.โ€

that he heard the Prophet (๏ทบ) saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

In my opinion, I don't see how four different Muslim ethnicities all somehow managed to misinterpret Islam on this one ruling. I can get one, maybe two, but four? :cosbyhmm:

ูˆูŽู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ู‡ูุดูŽุงู…ู ุจู’ู†ู ุนูŽู…ูŽู‘ุงุฑู ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุตูŽุฏูŽู‚ูŽุฉู ุจู’ู†ู ุฎูŽุงู„ูุฏูุŒ ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุนูŽุจู’ุฏู ุงู„ุฑูŽู‘ุญู’ู…ูŽู†ู ุจู’ู†ู ูŠูŽุฒููŠุฏูŽ ุจู’ู†ู ุฌูŽุงุจูุฑูุŒ ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุนูŽุทููŠูŽู‘ุฉู ุจู’ู†ู ู‚ูŽูŠู’ุณู ุงู„ู’ูƒูู„ุงูŽุจููŠูู‘ุŒ ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ูŽุง ุนูŽุจู’ุฏู ุงู„ุฑูŽู‘ุญู’ู…ูŽู†ู ุจู’ู†ู ุบูŽู†ู’ู…ู ุงู„ุฃูŽุดู’ุนูŽุฑููŠูู‘ุŒ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุญูŽุฏูŽู‘ุซูŽู†ููŠ ุฃูŽุจููˆ ุนูŽุงู…ูุฑู ู€ ุฃูŽูˆู’ ุฃูŽุจููˆ ู…ูŽุงู„ููƒู ู€ ุงู„ุฃูŽุดู’ุนูŽุฑููŠูู‘ ูˆูŽุงู„ู„ูŽู‘ู‡ู ู…ูŽุง ูƒูŽุฐูŽุจูŽู†ููŠ ุณูŽู…ูุนูŽ ุงู„ู†ูŽู‘ุจููŠูŽู‘ ุตู„ู‰ ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุนู„ูŠู‡ ูˆุณู„ู… ูŠูŽู‚ููˆู„ู โ€ "โ€ ู„ูŽูŠูŽูƒููˆู†ูŽู†ูŽู‘ ู…ูู†ู’ ุฃูู…ูŽู‘ุชููŠ ุฃูŽู‚ู’ูˆูŽุงู…ูŒ ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุญูู„ูู‘ูˆู†ูŽ ุงู„ู’ุญูุฑูŽ ูˆูŽุงู„ู’ุญูŽุฑููŠุฑูŽ ูˆูŽุงู„ู’ุฎูŽู…ู’ุฑูŽ ูˆูŽุงู„ู’ู…ูŽุนูŽุงุฒูููŽุŒ ูˆูŽู„ูŽูŠูŽู†ู’ุฒูู„ูŽู†ูŽู‘ ุฃูŽู‚ู’ูˆูŽุงู…ูŒ ุฅูู„ูŽู‰ ุฌูŽู†ู’ุจู ุนูŽู„ูŽู…ู ูŠูŽุฑููˆุญู ุนูŽู„ูŽูŠู’ู‡ูู…ู’ ุจูุณูŽุงุฑูุญูŽุฉู ู„ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ุŒ ูŠูŽุฃู’ุชููŠู‡ูู…ู’ ู€ ูŠูŽุนู’ู†ููŠ ุงู„ู’ููŽู‚ููŠุฑูŽ ู€ ู„ูุญูŽุงุฌูŽุฉู ููŽูŠูŽู‚ููˆู„ููˆุง ุงุฑู’ุฌูุนู’ ุฅูู„ูŽูŠู’ู†ูŽุง ุบูŽุฏู‹ุงโ€.โ€ ููŽูŠูุจูŽูŠูู‘ุชูู‡ูู…ู ุงู„ู„ูŽู‘ู‡ู ูˆูŽูŠูŽุถูŽุนู ุงู„ู’ุนูŽู„ูŽู…ูŽุŒ ูˆูŽูŠูŽู…ู’ุณูŽุฎู ุขุฎูŽุฑููŠู†ูŽ ู‚ูุฑูŽุฏูŽุฉู‹ ูˆูŽุฎูŽู†ูŽุงุฒููŠุฑูŽ ุฅูู„ูŽู‰ ูŠูŽูˆู’ู…ู ุงู„ู’ู‚ููŠูŽุงู…ูŽุฉู โ€"โ€โ€.โ€

that he heard the Prophet (๏ทบ) saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."
Surah Al-Isra verse 17:55 seems contradictory to this hadith.

๏ฎค ๏ฎฅ ๏ฎฆ ๏ฎง ๏ฎจ ๏ฎฉ ๏ฎช๏ฎซ ๏ฎฌ ๏ฎญ ๏ฎฎ ๏ฎฏ ๏ฎฐ ๏ฎฑ๏ฏ“ ๏ฏ” ๏ฏ• ๏ฏ–

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

And your Lord is most knowing of whoever is in the heavens and the earth. And We have made some of the prophets exceed others [in various ways], and to David We gave the book [of Psalms].

The "book of Psalms" was a collection of sacred poems, apparently, the literal translation of Psalms according to the Islamawarness blog is, " twanging of a harp " which is obviously a stringed instrument. I suppose we were both incorrect. :dead:

I'm not taking a hadith over the Holy Qu'raan. I will continue to believe it is permissible to both compose and listen to this variant of music, agree to disagree.

Surah Al-Isra verse 17:55 seems contradictory to this hadith.

๏ฎค ๏ฎฅ ๏ฎฆ ๏ฎง ๏ฎจ ๏ฎฉ ๏ฎช๏ฎซ ๏ฎฌ ๏ฎญ ๏ฎฎ ๏ฎฏ ๏ฎฐ ๏ฎฑ๏ฏ“ ๏ฏ” ๏ฏ• ๏ฏ–

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

And your Lord is most knowing of whoever is in the heavens and the earth. And We have made some of the prophets exceed others [in various ways], and to David We gave the book [of Psalms].

The "book of Psalms" was a collection of sacred poems, apparently, the literal translation of Psalms according to the Islamawarness blog is, " twanging of a harp " which is obviously a stringed instrument. I suppose we were both incorrect. :dead:
โ€œ[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaahโ€™s disobedience)โ€ฆโ€ [al-Israaโ€™ 17:64]

Trending