Hyderabad woman harassed by her Somali husband in Somalia, family appeals to Gov of India for help

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
The family of a woman from Hyderabad has appealed to the government of India to help bring back their daughter from Somalia after she was allegedly taken and harassed there by her husband, a Somali national.

The family of a woman from Hyderabad has appealed to the government of India to help bring back their daughter from Somalia after she was allegedly taken and harassed there by her husband, a Somali national. According to Sheikh Hyder Ali, father of the woman, Raheem Unnisa, her Somalian husband Omar Dahir Farah had been living in Hyderabad for 10 years with their four children after which they left for his native country.

"My daughter Raheem Unnisa married a Somalia national, Omar Dahir Farah, in 2008 while he was pursuing his studies in Chennai. After marriage, they lived in Hyderabad for 10 years and they had four children. In April 2017, he took my daughter along with her four children to Somalia. There they had one more child," Ali told ANI. He said that after the family moved to Somalia, Omar married another woman and started to torture and beat Unnisa from time to time.

"My daughter, along with her five children, have been left in Omar's ancestral house in Galdogob District (North-Central Mudug province of Somalia). He is living with his second wife and their children in Mogadishu. He is not giving her any money for their daily needs. She is being denied proper food and accommodation. My daughter cries whenever she calls and has asked us to save her and bring them back. Her child who was born in Somalia does not have a passport," he added. "I request the government of India to rescue my daughter and her children as soon as possible," Ali urged.

Speaking to ANI through a video call, Unnisa said, "I am staying here in a joint family. I am being harassed by my in-laws every day. We have to beg for food here. Please help us in getting back to India."

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
1604668591277.png

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The family of a woman from Hyderabad has appealed to the government of India to help bring back their daughter from Somalia after she was allegedly taken and harassed there by her husband, a Somali national.

The family of a woman from Hyderabad has appealed to the government of India to help bring back their daughter from Somalia after she was allegedly taken and harassed there by her husband, a Somali national. According to Sheikh Hyder Ali, father of the woman, Raheem Unnisa, her Somalian husband Omar Dahir Farah had been living in Hyderabad for 10 years with their four children after which they left for his native country.

"My daughter Raheem Unnisa married a Somalia national, Omar Dahir Farah, in 2008 while he was pursuing his studies in Chennai. After marriage, they lived in Hyderabad for 10 years and they had four children. In April 2017, he took my daughter along with her four children to Somalia. There they had one more child," Ali told ANI. He said that after the family moved to Somalia, Omar married another woman and started to torture and beat Unnisa from time to time.

"My daughter, along with her five children, have been left in Omar's ancestral house in Galdogob District (North-Central Mudug province of Somalia). He is living with his second wife and their children in Mogadishu. He is not giving her any money for their daily needs. She is being denied proper food and accommodation. My daughter cries whenever she calls and has asked us to save her and bring them back. Her child who was born in Somalia does not have a passport," he added. "I request the government of India to rescue my daughter and her children as soon as possible," Ali urged.

Speaking to ANI through a video call, Unnisa said, "I am staying here in a joint family. I am being harassed by my in-laws every day. We have to beg for food here. Please help us in getting back to India."

Shame. There was not even a single Somali woman to help her???? Do u know what it feels like to leave your home and be surrounded by strangers? I bet the women are jealous and mistreating her too.

and the worst is: Dahir is probably a Sheikh just like his Father in law, having studied Deen for 10 in the mecca of Islam study Hyderabaad

Last edited:
This is the problem with many Somali low value males, they don't understand and cannot afford polygamy so they trick and abuse women into suffering.

May Allah free this poor lady and her babies.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
This is the problem with many Somali low value males, they don't understand and cannot afford polygamy so they trick and abuse women into suffering.

May Allah free this poor lady and her babies.
Stop politicizing your Anti-Abdi agenda with your petty generalizations.
” Many Somalis males have low values” kulaha there’s a time and place nayaa this ain’t the time :ufdup:

I don't believe this story at all! First of all those children are somali and am glad he took them to somalia to be raised as somalis otherwise they would've become Hindi.

Secondly her Indian family is fabricating this story as a publicity stunt to get media attention and for the indian government to bring their daughter back. Why would they not have food? What a ridiculous notion, there is nobody that would leave their kids to starve. Somalis help each other, I can assure you those mixed children are very much loved. She wants to go back and never to bring those kids back, and he doesn't want her to do that, simple as that.

I don't believe this story at all! First of all those children are somali and am glad he took them to somalia to be raised as somalis otherwise they would've become Hindi.

Secondly her Indian family is fabricating this story as a publicity stunt to get media attention and for the indian government to bring their daughter back. Why would they not have food? What a ridiculous notion, there is nobody that would leave their kids to starve. Somalis help each other, I can assure you those mixed children are very much loved. She wants to go back and never to bring those kids back, and he doesn't want her to do that, simple as that.

She's been there for years now and lets be real, some Somali men are known to abandon their wives when they marry another one. I've seen them do it to their full blooded Somali wife. What makes you think some will not do it to a foreign wife with no support system?

Either way, even if the story has been exaggerated, a Somali man forgetting about the first wife when marrying another is a regular tale. What makes this situation even sadder is that she has no one. Usually when this happens, Somali women have their family around. Who does this Indian have? No one.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
She's been there for years now and lets be real, some Somali men are known to abandon their wives when they marry another one. I've seen them do it to their full blooded Somali wife. What makes you think some will not do it to a foreign wife with no support system?

Either way, even if the story has been exaggerated, a Somali man forgetting about the first wife when marrying another is a regular tale. What makes this situation even sadder is that she has no one. Usually when this happens, Somali women have their family around. Who does this Indian have? No one.

I'm a little bit skeptical to be honest. Like the other poster said, I think some of it is exaggerated to stir media fervor. I can already imagine the Hindus coming out of the wood work as soon as they hear polygamy or anything related to Islam.

Those same type of guys tend to have no hung ups over effectively abandoning their children when they get a new wife. Unless something is extremely off, like his wife being a gaal. It's fairly safe to assume this is over the daughter who he is forcibly keeping in Somalia. I wonder why though?

Or maybe he's just an abusive psychopath

I'm a little bit skeptical to be honest. Like the other poster said, I think some of it is exaggerated to stir media fervor. I can already imagine the Hindus coming out of the wood work as soon as they hear polygamy or anything related to Islam.

Those same type of guys tend to have no hung ups over effectively abandoning their children when they get a new wife. Unless something is extremely off, like his wife being a gaal. It's fairly safe to assume this is over the daughter who he is forcibly keeping in Somalia. I wonder why though?

Or maybe he's just an abusive psychopath

You don't need to overthink this. Similar thing happened to a relative of mine back home, but the major difference is that she was in her country, own home town with many family members who were ready to help her and her clan backing who were ready to intervene and speak to the husband.

Its simple, man finds another wife, gets bored of the old and neglects the 1st wife. When this usually happens, the first wife has her family to fall back on. Life goes on.

I wouldn't be suprised if some of the details have been exaggerated, but lets not pretend that a husband neglecting his first wife after his 2nd marriage is something rare.

The only thing that makes this remotely shocking from my perspective is that she has nobody. She has no parents, siblings, cousins or clan protection. So there is another added layer of cruelty.

Allah knows best but always remember theres two sides to every story. let's not jump to conclusions.Yes it is possible he could be a psychopath holding her hostage in which case that woman needs rescuing asap.

But i think there's more to this story, remember they lived in India for 10 years, why was not abusive then? not to mention she willingly followed him to somalia.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
You don't need to overthink this. Similar thing happened to a relative of mine back home, but the major difference is that she was in her country, own home town with many family members who were ready to help her.

Its simple, man finds another wife, gets bored of the old and neglects the 1st wife. When this usually happens, the first wife has her family to fall back on. Life goes on.

I wouldn't be suprised if some of the details have been exaggerated, but lets not pretend that a husband neglecting his first wife after his 2nd marriage is something rare.

The only thing that makes this remotely shocking from my perspective is that she has nobody. So there is another added layer of cruelty.

The shocking part to me is the alleged beating and starving of his wife and four children.
I am not remotely surprised that he went and married a second woman and traded his family in like an old car. The point of contention seems to be the lack of a passport to get her youngest child out of the country. This is obviously intentional on his part, hence the appeal to the Indian government.

Allah knows best but always remember theres two sides to every story. let's not jump to conclusions.Yes it is possible he could be a psychopath holding her hostage in which case that woman needs rescuing asap.

But i think there's more to this story, remember they lived in India for 10 years, why was not abusive then? not to mention she willingly followed him to somalia.

I don't think he is holding her hostage. I think it is a simple case of him neglecting her and living with his new wife.

Like I said, its a common tale in our community. Husband marries again and then forgets the first wife and kids.

What makes this crazier than usual is that she is a foreigner in a land in which she knows no one but her neglectful husband.

The shocking part to me is the alleged beating and starving of his wife and four children.
I am not remotely surprised that he went and married a second woman and traded his family in like an old car. The point of contention seems to be the lack of a passport to get her youngest child out of the country. This is obviously intentional on his part, hence the appeal to the Indian government.

Ah, I actually didn't read that part. Tbh, as a woman when you have no family or anyone for that matter that the husband will have to answer to, that is when disaster strikes.

There is a reason why our parents don't like interracial marriages. If that is true, then believe me, that husband would probably not have treated a Somali woman who has her family and clan in close vicinity. He would have to answer to her immediate family and toll (clan).

I don't think he is holding her hostage. I think it is a simple case of him neglecting her and living with his new wife.

Like I said, its a common tale in our community. Husband marries again and then forgets the first wife and kids.

What makes this crazier than usual is that she is a foreigner in a land in which she knows no one but her neglectful husband.

So a good husband of 10 years suddenly turns into monster who lets his kids starve. Come on now!

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Somali men have a track record of abandoning their families. This isn’t surprising. I wish her and her family the best.

Trending