Huge World Bank poverty survey

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Abdalla

04KeAOZ.jpg

DITC8FJ.jpg

xi1EEwh.jpg

Even the researchers were surprised by this result, and dedicated an appendix to it on page 101 and 102.

:wowsweat:

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Conclusion= Child and youth poverty is substantially lower in NE regions. You are twice as likely to be poor in Mogadishu or Somaliland than Puntland. We have a long way to go but it shows that our ministers have been working well given their limited resources. We can do better and need more transparency I hope the ministers utilize the huge diaspora community which are willing to help.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Not only is per capita income in the Northeast higher, the distribution is wider. The bottom 20% in the Northeast are as well off as the bottom 40% in the country.

What is interesting is that the Northeast designation includes South Mudug, I am sure the results would be more surprising if they did not include South Mudug under the Northeast.

IxILRam.jpg

Do any of you guys want to take Sool away from our hands? :trumpsmirk:

For real though the difference between Sool and Nugaal is striking.

Screenshot_20171005-170228.png

Bohol

VIP
The reason Sool is the poorest region is there is economic embargo on it. Most of the aid and projects allocated for the eastern regions
goes elsewhere or stolen.

Wallahi it's crazy how the two bordering gobols of Sool and Nugaal can be soo different. I believe most of this data was collected after the drought had already decimated the livestock in the northern regions. Since Sool is one of the regions most dependent on livestock, because there is hardly any farming going on there nor is fishing possible, it would make sense it's in the red. On the other hand many of the residents in Nugaal subsist on fishing, and thus are less reliant on livestock. I'm not sure if there are farms in Nugaal as well. Anyone wanna chime in as to why Nugaal is doing so well?

Bohol

VIP
Wallahi it's crazy how the two bordering gobols of Sool and Nugaal can be soo different. I believe most of this data was collected after the drought had already decimated the livestock in the northern regions. Since Sool is one of the regions most dependent on livestock, because there is hardly any farming going on there nor is fishing possible, it would make sense it's in the red. On the other hand many of the residents in Nugaal subsist on fishing, and thus are less reliant on livestock. I'm not sure if there are farms in Nugaal as well. Anyone wanna chime in as to why Nugaal is doing so well?

It is the capital of Puntland + pirate money from Eyl. If you visit Garowe you will see some expensive shiny villas
everywhere.

It is the capital of Puntland + pirate money.

There has to be more to it than that. Hargaysa is the capital of Somaliland and poverty is still very high. The pirate money might play a small role, as it may have helped people start up businesses or invest.

Trending