How to unite Somaliland and Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from a pro-independence family and being surrounded by friends who are in favour of independence of Somaliland , I'm very sympathetic about the reasons they seek to leave and disassociate with Somalia. By Dad had to flee Xamar after the government started indiscriminately killing and imprisoning anyone they suspected was an isaaq , it was almost some Nazi level attempt to rid Somalia of Isaaq. They bombed Burco , Hargeisa and Berbera with the specific intention of killing civilians , they showed no regard for human life whether it was a child or an elderly person. There intention was destruction , death and extermination of any isaaq in Somalia. So i get why they seek independence from Somalia. However, as a firm believer in Soomaalinimo and a believer that somalis are far stronger united than divided i don't support the bid for independence.

For some serious reconciliation that Somalis so desperately need , i think the future Somali government not the current failmaajo one should undertake these actions.

1. They need to take responsibility for the actions of the previous government and offer a sincere apologise. An apology has so much value , it shows that a person is remorseful of actions that have taken place. It shows that they have taken responsibility for those actions but also and most importantly a sincere apology also shows a willingness to change so that those actions don't occur ever again. A few sincere words will have such a big impact on those who were affected by the campaign.

2. The government should offer repatriations to the families who lost love ones and property during the bombings and targeting in the country. They also should take it upon themselves to pay for any medical treatment for those who were affected by the campaign specifically seeking to help with struggling with mental health issues after the war.

3. Lastly and most importantly the government should seek to find and try those who were responsible for the actions , the bombings in the north and the mass executions of in Xamar of Isaaqs. The obvious man comes to mind , Gen Morgan. All these people who were responsible for the killings and destruction of the North must be tried and brought to justice for the victims to be brought to justice.

Don't make this thread a clan insulting thread , i want civilised debate not insults. Mods do your job.:ufdup:

If you disagree with me , i want to know the reasons why not a one sentence response.

Why should the current government take the blame for something a collapsed one did? It wasnt their fault.:kanyeshrug: Waa xaaq daarro.

Repatriation? Kkkk no.

You wanna lock up Morgan? For what exactly? The SNM was an insurgent group that threatened the stability of the country. The SNM committed treason. Morgans plan backfired and was a flop but he did what he thought he needed to do to crush a rebellion.

Isaaqs will not be getting some sort of special treatment. We dont need to appease you guys lol. What siad barre did is what siad barre did. We arent gonna be begging you to stay apart of somalia. Keep trying to leave, it doesnt make a difference.

Ngl these are a lot of funny demands.

Coming from a pro-independence family and being surrounded by friends who are in favour of independence of Somaliland , I'm very sympathetic about the reasons they seek to leave and disassociate with Somalia. By Dad had to flee Xamar after the government started indiscriminately killing and imprisoning anyone they suspected was an isaaq , it was almost some Nazi level attempt to rid Somalia of Isaaq. They bombed Burco , Hargeisa and Berbera with the specific intention of killing civilians , they showed no regard for human life whether it was a child or an elderly person. There intention was destruction , death and extermination of any isaaq in Somalia. So i get why they seek independence from Somalia. However, as a firm believer in Soomaalinimo and a believer that somalis are far stronger united than divided i don't support the bid for independence.

For some serious reconciliation that Somalis so desperately need , i think the future Somali government not the current failmaajo one should undertake these actions.

1. They need to take responsibility for the actions of the previous government and offer a sincere apologise. An apology has so much value , it shows that a person is remorseful of actions that have taken place. It shows that they have taken responsibility for those actions but also and most importantly a sincere apology also shows a willingness to change so that those actions don't occur ever again. A few sincere words will have such a big impact on those who were affected by the campaign.

2. The government should offer repatriations to the families who lost love ones and property during the bombings and targeting in the country. They also should take it upon themselves to pay for any medical treatment for those who were affected by the campaign specifically seeking to help with struggling with mental health issues after the war.

3. Lastly and most importantly the government should seek to find and try those who were responsible for the actions , the bombings in the north and the mass executions of in Xamar of Isaaqs. The obvious man comes to mind , Gen Morgan. All these people who were responsible for the killings and destruction of the North must be tried and brought to justice for the victims to be brought to justice.

Don't make this thread a clan insulting thread , i want civilised debate not insults. Mods do your job.:ufdup:

If you disagree with me , i want to know the reasons why not a one sentence response.

Before I consider you argument for research purposes what kind of isaaq are you? Do you happen to be Habar yoonis (don’t attack me saying I’m jumping to conclusion) just a question if you don’t mind answering

Why should the current government take the blame for something a collapsed one did? It wasnt their fault.:kanyeshrug: Waa xaaq daarro.

Repatriation? Kkkk no.

You wanna lock up Morgan? For what exactly? The SNM was an insurgent group that threatened the stability of the country. The SNM committed treason. Morgans plan backfired and was a flop but he did what he thought he needed to do to crush a rebellion.

Isaaqs will not be getting some sort of special treatment. We dont need to appease you guys lol. What siad barre did is what siad barre did. We arent gonna be begging you to stay apart of somalia. Keep trying to leave, it doesnt make a difference.

Ngl these are a lot of funny demands.

The whole point of this is for national reconciliation is mend the wrongdoings of the past and move forward for a better future. The government needs to take responsibility for the actions of the past administration because it will show that the government is willing and able to recognise the wrongdoings of the previous administration and look to make sure those actions will not be repeated again.

Repatriation for those who lost their homes and loved ones are normal. People were indiscriminately killed and had their homes destroyed through no fault of their own. Do we expect them to just go along with their lives and forget all they built and the love ones they lost?

I'm not asking for special treatment for a certain tribe, all i want is for my people to be united. I would even extend these policies to all the victims of the Kacaan government , such as the 5000 innocent MJ nomads that were killed by the government. They also need to be repatriated and given an apology and have those who committed the actions be brought to justice.

Morgan and elements of the state set out on a genocidal policy where they intentionally sought to kill civilians and destroy homes and livelihoods. It is well documented and evidence agaisnt his and others crimes are substantial. He and others that committed those crimes must be tried , in a normal country you don't kill 10s of thousands of civilians and don't get punished in the name of tribalism. He and others must be tried.

Listen i don't support the SNM , they committed crimes against civilians similar to the kacaan government. All i want is those that killed innocent civilians and destroyed homes to be put before a court and tried for their crimes.

Before I consider you argument for research purposes what kind of isaaq are you? Do you happen to be Habar yoonis (don’t attack me saying I’m jumping to conclusion) just a question if you don’t mind answering

My Dad is HY. But i don't care about tribalism nor do i care about my tribe.

I reject it.:pacspit:

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Wait... did the Government attack Northern Somalia first (land it controlled) or did the SNM attack the Government? :ayaanswag:
I agree with national reconciliation but everyone had a weapon pointed at each other. No one is innocent beside like the Madhiban people

Half of your government consists of warlords who have extensive war crimes on their resume . If you were to try Morgan would that mean your president , the butcher of mudug and other key somaliland figures would be charged too. Be realistic and unbiased in your views sxb

Half of your government consists of warlords who have extensive war crimes on their resume . If you were to try Morgan would that mean your president , the butcher of mudug and other key somaliland figures would be charged too. Be realistic and unbiased in your views sxb

I agree. There are so many suspected war criminals in the Somaliland government. They all need to be tried for their actions.

I agree. There are so many suspected war criminals in the Somaliland government. They all need to be tried for their actions.
Its unrealistic that theyll ever be tried. Plus most of these man are in their 70s and 80s they dont have too much time left. Those from the warlord era are dying out and that might be a positive

Its unrealistic that theyll ever be tried. Plus most of these man are in their 70s and 80s they dont have too much time left. Those from the warlord era are dying out and that might be a positive

No eventually we'll get a leader in Somalia who is firm and fair. All those who committed crimes cannot go live a normal life without being held accountable for their actions. That goes for Morgan , Bixi , Mahdi etc

Nope,too soon i am all for somalia uniting,but we cant foget the 750000 or more isaaqs killed,i dont want somaliland to unite with somalia
In the future when somalia is stable maybe,but somaliland cnt carry the problems of the south

No eventually we'll get a leader in Somalia who is firm and fair. All those who committed crimes cannot go live a normal life without being held accountable for their actions. That goes for Morgan , Bixi , Mahdi etc
Puntalnd would never give up morgan and somaliland would do the same for their guys. Thats the world some commit war crimes and live out the rest of their days chilling thats just life. The youngest warlord from back in the day is at least 70 today. Most of them will be gone in the next 15 years without a doubt

1. Apology to who?

Who should the government apologise to? SNM started the war and also had their hands dirty in crimes. The government of Somaliland doesn't deserve an apology but their people rightly do. How they can do that while legitimising the SNM's role in the downfall of the nation is complicated.

2. Repatriation? , f*ck off.

Firstly, our government cannot afford to pay out every person who said they were affected.
Secondly, Somaliland barely got the harsh end of the stick. Every other Somali tribe suffered a lot worse: Hawiye were rounded up on the beach and were massacred. MJ's had their villages poisoned and burnt to the ground. If anyone deserves repatriation first, its those who suffered from Barre from the beginning, not the people who were protected until they decided to tilt for the leadership.

3. It has to be a two way street.

If General Morgan et al are brought to justice, every USC leader and SNM leader should also go to court for their crimes. Every tribe committed atrocities. What is a lot better is a Truth and Reconcilation Commission similar to that in South Africa, then we can hear everything that happened and then mitigate charges as necessary.

Conclusion:

You're playing the "We got bombed" card.

Furthermore, you're being one-sided, when you fail to realise that there was no one innocent in this civil war. Obviously, Barre was most at fault but SNM committed atrocities and so did USC.

1. Apology to who?

Who should the government apologise to? SNM started the war and also had their hands dirty in crimes. The government of Somaliland doesn't deserve an apology but their people rightly do. How they can do that while legitimising the SNM's role in the downfall of the nation is complicated.

2. Repatriation? , f*ck off.

Firstly, our government cannot afford to pay out every person who said they were affected.
Secondly, Somaliland barely got the harsh end of the stick. Every other Somali tribe suffered a lot worse: Hawiye were rounded up on the beach and were massacred. MJ's had their villages poisoned and burnt to the ground. If anyone deserves repatriation first, its those who suffered from Barre from the beginning, not the people who were protected until they decided to tilt for the leadership.

3. It has to be a two way street.

If General Morgan et al are brought to justice, every USC leader and SNM leader should also go to court for their crimes. Every tribe committed atrocities. What is a lot better is a Truth and Reconcilation Commission similar to that in South Africa, then we can hear everything that happened and then mitigate charges as necessary.

Conclusion:

You're playing the "We got bombed" card.

Furthermore, you're being one-sided, when you fail to realise that there was no one innocent in this civil war. Obviously, Barre was most at fault but SNM committed atrocities and so did USC.

Read my response to the first reply.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
More likely the status quo continues tbh. We will be a bunch of divided vassal federal states for the forseafores future.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
SNM started the war by fighting Barre in the north.

You do know Somalia was united before 1991, right?

You are confusing SNM rebellion in the north with USC's simultaneous rebellion in the south.

SNM is not the reason Mogadishu is in ruins today. USC is.

You are confusing SNM rebellion in the north with USC's simultaneous rebellion in the south.

SNM is not the reason Mogadishu is in ruins today. USC is.

SNM started what USC finished man. SNM and its Ethiopian backing gave people the confidence to take down Barre.

Barre saw this renewed confidence and thought the way to quash it was to send the harshest message possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts