How to regreen Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
With agroforestry. Trees are cut down in Somalia to make fire or expand settlements or farms which is the most absurd thing you can do.

Who said you can't live amongst tree? I mean trees create an ecosystem to provide habitat and food for birds and other animals. Trees absorb carbon dioxide and potentially harmful gasses, such as sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, from the air and release oxygen. One large tree can supply a day's supply of oxygen for four people. Let's not forget trees produce moisture to the sky creating rain clouds which supply a lot of rainwater and, trees with deep roots also help prevent soil erosion keeping the soil wet and fertile.

sur-trees-2.jpg

Here are the steps to improve Somalia's environment.

1. Convert Somali nomads into agro-pastoralism. They can graze with their animals but they're not allowed to cut down trees and must plant wheat and oats. Grass is very important because they help store water underground through their roots.

2. We must expand Reer Gabiley tradition where every newlyweds in Somalia must plant trees together.

3. Somali farmers must learn the benefits of having trees in their farmlands. Agroforestry is currently the best method for your farms. Depleted soils can be protected from soil erosion by groundcover plants such as naturally growing grasses in agroforestry systems. These help to stabilise the soil as they increase cover compared to short-cycle cropping systems. Soil cover is a crucial factor in preventing erosion. Cleaner water through reduced nutrient and soil surface runoff can be a further advantage of agroforestry.

4. Somali cities/towns and villages must plant trees around.

5. Watch this video and see why it's very possible for Somalia to restore greenery in their land.

Last edited:
@Sheikh @Yaquub @Thegoodshepherd @Bohol @Saalax Bidaar @Crow @yaanyuur @embarassing @EDsomali @Karim @DR OSMAN @Ferrari

What do you guys think of agroforestry and this method to regreen Somalia?
It's a very good idea but we have to hope that the government educates the ppl on the adverse effects of deforestation and how it increases the temperature and decreases rainfall. If the ppl knew that it was a contributor to drought they would be more inclined to look after the environment. nice thread @Factz i hope more ppl in somali can get access to threads like this instead of most of the non sense posted here. Then again we need to find a way to generate cheap and affordable electricity for our country first before we can enlighten minds.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Saudi Arabia is as desert as us, i wonder why we r cursed. Or is it a blessing in disguise??

Saudi Arabia is as desert as us, i wonder why we r cursed. Or is it a blessing in disguise??
We cut all the trees that's why we are a desert now but even saudi arabia was lush and green at one point in time. Blame the guardians of the land for it;s condition not the land itself.

:fittytousand:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
We cut all the trees that's why we are a desert now but even saudi arabia was lush and green at one point in time. Blame the guardians of the land for it;s condition not the land itself.

:fittytousand:

Yaq

I dont understand your Millennial brain. Excuse me tafadhaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.