How to punish terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Background on verses 33-34 (sura 5):
Apparently, a group of eight Arab bedouins led by a man named Abu Burda Aslami went into Medina, pretending to be interested in Islam and seeking the hospitality of the Prophet. At the time, the Muslims were being pressured from all sides and were in constant fear of attack from the Meccans in the south and hostile tribes in the north, west and east. These bedouin visitors were treated honorably and graciously and a non-aggression treaty between their tribe and the Muslims was established. When the visitors asked for some cattle to be brought to them so they could milk them for their daily food needs, some cows was promptly procured for them. Then, one night they murdered the assigned cowherd, stole the cattle, killed some people on their way to Medina to embrace Islam and then tried to escape with the loot. They were caught before they could melt away into the countryside. For the heinous murder and resultant terrorism, for the theft, for cruelly abusing the hospitality of the Muslims, and to discourage others from such terrorism, the men were staked to the ground in the desert with their hands and feet cut off on opposite sides. (Asbab ul-Nuzul)

The punishment for those who wage war against God and His Messenger, and who strive hard to cause chaos and murder throughout the land, is execution or crucifixion or the cutting off of their hands and feet from opposite sides or (at the very least) exile from the land. That’s the humiliation that they’ll receive in this world, but an even more painful punishment awaits them in the next, [33] except for those who repent before they fall into your power, for in that case know that God is forgiving and merciful. [34]

Footnotes:
Every society on earth has had harsh punishments for those who engage in terrorism, fear-mongering, looting and pillaging. (See Deuteronomy 21:22, for example.) An even more serious crime is to use terrorism and such to fight against the Creator of the Universe, Who only wishes good and safety for all creatures. According to the consensus of legal scholars, the punishments in this verse should be applied as follows: if the terrorist killed and looted, then he must be staked out to die in the desert; if he killed but did not loot, then he must be executed, though in a more humane way. If he looted only, then an opposite pair of hand and foot should be cut; finally, if he terrorized people without loss of life or property, then he should be exiled. (Both ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab and Imam Abu Hanifa interpreted this ‘exile’ to mean that the terrorists should be put in prison.) However, all these various punishments can be avoided if he publicly repents of his actions and accepts Islam, for then he will be forgiven. (Ma’ariful Qur’an) Now these punishments for terrorism may seem harsh by today’s standards, but even nations in our own times execute (and even torture) certain types of criminals, traitors and terrorists (and this includes Western nations). In judging the past we cannot be hypocritical about the present. The interesting thing to note is that the end of this passage states that if the wrong-doers repent on their own of their bad ways (which means accepting Islam) before they’re captured, then we must be merciful to them and forgive them. Modern legal systems don't let remorseful traitors, murderers or other bitter enemies off so easily, but Islam sometimes can. Finally, this type of harsh punishment was only applied one time during the Prophet’s rule and for a very specific kind of treacherous crime: terrorism coupled with murder, theft and a wicked disregard for life

Source:
The Meaning of the Holy Qur'an in Today's English by Sheikh Yahiya Emerick
I have noticed some Somalis online and western countries + NGOs advocating for leniency on people who are guilty of the worst crimes. If only they knew what Allah had to say about that.

All terrorist rehabilitation centres must be converted to gas chambers.
:fredo:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I personally believe there should be public demonstrations of torturous deaths. My reasoning is that it'll deter people from joining. Then confiscation should occur so they don't have funding. At that point, it's like exterminating cockroaches in your flat. It's messy and annoying, but do-able. I'm not a fan of being lenient for terrorists. If you're a terrorist, you deserve to die.

I have noticed some Somalis online and western countries + NGOs advocating for leniency on people who are guilty of the worst crimes. If only they knew what Allah had to say about that.

All terrorist rehabilitation centres must be converted to gas chambers.
:fredo:
Make there death quick they are muslim too, kill them with a sharp blade.

continuation: When the theives stole livestock from the Prophet peace be upon him, why they were demanded to die like such was,

1. Stealing from Prophet, disobeying the prophet is gaalnimo. They disobeyed the prophet is disobeying Allah, by killing his sheperd.

2. Theft, since they stole from the prophet, since Allah has said to cut the hands of the male and female theif. They got their body part cut off.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
continuation: When the theives stole livestock from the Prophet peace be upon him, why they were demanded to die like such was,

1. Stealing from Prophet, disobeying the prophet is gaalnimo. They disobeyed the prophet is disobeying Allah, by killing his sheperd.

2. Theft, since they stole from the prophet, since Allah has said to cut the hands of the male and female theif. They got their body part cut off.
This case was unique because they were guests who took advantage of the hospitality of the ummah and committed heinous crimes.

How did the prophet punish normal cases of theft?

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Make there death quick they are muslim too, kill them with a sharp blade.
IMO, for this reason the punishment must be greater. A gaal without morals committing these acts is one thing but a Muslim who knows better is something else entirely.

For example, a simple execution is not nearly enough to punish the men behind the October bombing in Mogadishu. They did not show leniency to Muslims so they have forfeited their right to that as well.

IMO, for this reason the punishment must be greater. A gaal without morals committing these acts is one thing but a Muslim who knows better is something else entirely.

For example, a simple execution is not nearly enough to punish the men behind the October bombing in Mogadishu. They did not show leniency to Muslims so they have forfeited their right to that as well.

“O you who believe! Al-Qisaas (the Law of Equality in punishment) is prescribed for you in case of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But if the killer is forgiven by the brother (or the relatives) of the killed against blood money, then adhering to it with fairness and payment of the blood money to the heir should be made in fairness. This is an alleviation and a mercy from your Lord. So after this whoever transgresses the limits (i.e. kills the killer after taking the blood money), he shall have a painful torment”

[al-Baqarah 2:178].

If you want to be Khariji by killing a person in gas or drowning them with water mixed with poison.

We have to kill the person according to islam by killing with either, projectile or malee weapon.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
“O you who believe! Al-Qisaas (the Law of Equality in punishment) is prescribed for you in case of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But if the killer is forgiven by the brother (or the relatives) of the killed against blood money, then adhering to it with fairness and payment of the blood money to the heir should be made in fairness. This is an alleviation and a mercy from your Lord. So after this whoever transgresses the limits (i.e. kills the killer after taking the blood money), he shall have a painful torment”

[al-Baqarah 2:178].

If you want to be Khariji by killing a person in gas or drowning them with water mixed with poison.

We have to kill the person according to islam by killing with either, projectile or malee weapon.
I agree. I was only joking. The execution should be performed as directed by sharia, even if we think they deserve worse.

However that blood money verse doesn't apply to mass murders.

I agree. I was only joking. The execution should be performed as directed by sharia, even if we think they deserve worse.

However that blood money verse doesn't apply to mass murders.
If it was accidental killings like if the gunner shot an innocent by accident diya needs to be paid.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
If it was accidental killings like if the gunner shot an innocent by accident diya needs to be paid.
I agree but I am talking about terrorists who go into crowded areas on purpose and kill large amounts of people. Blood money isn't enough for that.

World

VIP
Just execute all Al Shabab fighters. A bullet in the head would do, not the gruesome shit you‘re proposing. Who cares about what some NGO thinks, they don’t understand these terrorists.

Apollo

VIP
Low GDP per capita + over 90% Muslim population + 21st century technology (internet etc) = terrorism

Terrorism will be present in Somalia forever.

/Suugo Science

Low GDP per capita + over 90% Muslim population + 21st century technology (internet etc) = terrorism

Terrorism will be present in Somalia forever.

/Suugo Science
Suugo science correction:
Terrorists are smarter than most government agencies

Agenda+ experience of weaponary forging+ ability to forge passports= international terroism

Just execute all Al Shabab fighters. A bullet in the head would do, not the gruesome shit you‘re proposing. Who cares about what some NGO thinks, they don’t understand these terrorists.
Before we execute how do we find them since they are complicated.

We need to act like al shabaab take off our normal shoes and put on theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending