How to be more consistent with prayers

Asc to all. I have a problem with consistency with salah and I need advise on how to make sure I pray every salah on time and not miss any due to laziness. I am aware what distinguishes a Muslim from a disbeliever is salah however I feel like when it’s time to pray, I feel heavy and I can’t be asked but I’m always able to do other things.

The least you can start with is fajr. Try your best to set an alarm to wake you up close to the time of fajr for a week. You'll start noticing your body would get used to that time. For zuhr, try to create time for yourself to pray even if it is just 5 minutes. Then try combining fajr with zuhr for a week. You do the same thing with Asr, Maghrib, Isha and all of this will take about a month to get used to but it can be done.

Remember :
(I asked the Prophet (ﷺ) "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents" I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, 'To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's cause." `Abdullah added, "I asked only that much and if I had asked more, the Prophet (ﷺ) would have told me more.")

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
Asc to all. I have a problem with consistency with salah and I need advise on how to make sure I pray every salah on time and not miss any due to laziness. I am aware what distinguishes a Muslim from a disbeliever is salah however I feel like when it’s time to pray, I feel heavy and I can’t be asked but I’m always able to do other things.

Wcs walaal

I would suggest that you find the root cause that brings about the feelings of laziness, burden that you experience when it comes to salah. How content are you when you pray ? Do you understand what you're saying in ruku, sujud, or even the surahs you recite during salaada? how often do you engage in other types of ibadah like saying dua, reading quran etc?

Often at times our practising of islam becomes habitual and we don't take the time to reflect and understand why we perform any acts of worship. Our minds are far away when we're praying salaada, reading quraanka etc this results in lack of contentment as we fail to nourish our spiritual connection to these acts of worship .

That's why it's important you tackle the distractions and most importantly be actively engaged when you're performing any acts of ibadah. Understand why it's important, why you're doing it and the benefits it has. The more you reflect the easier it becomes for you to rectify your shortcomings, you need to strive with your nafs to get the results you're aiming for.

May Allah make it easier for us to worship Him and forgive us for our all shortcomings

Ameen thumma Ameen

I know how you feel bro.

From what the righteous Muslims of the past said: when you work hard to control the soul, it will be difficult at first then get easier later on. Just struggle, with it, remember the fire, remember the day when the deeds will be presented, a day that will be 50,000 years long, a day in which the mother will forget her baby, the people will appear to be drunk but aren't, etc ..the punishment of the grave...

Wcs walaal

I would suggest that you find the root cause that brings about the feelings of laziness, burden that you experience when it comes to salah. How content are you when you pray ? Do you understand what you're saying in ruku, sujud, or even the surahs you recite during salaada? how often do you engage in other types of ibadah like saying dua, reading quran etc?

Often at times our practising of islam becomes habitual and we don't take the time to reflect and understand why we perform any acts of worship. Our minds are far away when we're praying salaada, reading quraanka etc this results in lack of contentment as we fail to nourish our spiritual connection to these acts of worship .

That's why it's important you tackle the distractions and most importantly be actively engaged when you're performing any acts of ibadah. Understand why it's important, why you're doing it and the benefits it has. The more you reflect the easier it becomes for you to rectify your shortcomings, you need to strive with your nafs to get the results you're aiming for.

May Allah make it easier for us to worship Him and forgive us for our all shortcomings

Ameen thumma Ameen
I believe some of this be caused by the fact that as we were growing up, Islam was like a chore when it came to Dugsi and we just recited Quran without knowing the meaning. This could lead to just people not building a connection as they don’t even know the meaning of what they are reciting. Alhamdullilah, as I grew older I went out my own way to understand Islam more deeply and see for myself Islam is more so a blessing nfg rather than a curse. Thanks brother and may Allah bless you with this advice. I’ll try stay a lot more consistent with prayer and rember this conversation as a motivation.

During every prayerer you sincerely ask Allah to give you the strength to pray and worship.

"Alahuma a3ini ala dhikrika wa shukrika wa xusnil cibadika."

"Ya Allah assist me in your remembrance and being thankful to you and do righteous acts"

You can make this supplications when in sujud or when in ataxiyatu.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
I believe some of this be caused by the fact that as we were growing up, Islam was like a chore when it came to Dugsi and we just recited Quran without knowing the meaning. This could lead to just people not building a connection as they don’t even know the meaning of what they are reciting. Alhamdullilah, as I grew older I went out my own way to understand Islam more deeply and see for myself Islam is more so a blessing nfg rather than a curse. Thanks brother and may Allah bless you with this advice. I’ll try stay a lot more consistent with prayer and rember this conversation as a motivation.
It’s only natural to not understand most of what we learn from dugsi from a young age laakin there’s an important benefit to it. What you learn from dugsi provides you with the foundation from where you can build up your understanding & increase in knowledge of diinta.

It serves as a critical pillar that will give support and maintain all that you’ll build on top of it. It makes easier so as to speak to become better acquainted with your deen.

As you know learning is a life long process that takes time. At dugsi level you’ll attain all that’s necessary for you at that stage and as you age further study is needed to get you to the next stages.

What happens is that most of us simply grow up without putting effort to learn more about diinta after dugsi. So when hit with trials & tribulations of life our emaan decreases & this has a huge impact in our diinta.

That’s why it’s important to gain knowledge & reflect over your actions continuously. This way you’re able to correct yourself and be able to manage the trials in a better way. You develop love for the deen & taste the sweetness of emaan as you’ll be more content when you pray salaada, make dua etc

Our heart just like our body needs nourishment to keep it in functioning in a proper state. Neglecting the heart leads to it hardening and you’ll find it difficult to find contentment in anything that you do. That’s why we should ensure that we strive all the time to overcome it. We all go through it all the time what’s separates is how we respond to it.

If you got more question just ask walaal & I’ll try to do my best to help out

I used to be very sloppy and lead a bad life , and one day i cried and begged for guidance. I pray like clockwork now , but im still very flawed and need to improve. I think remembering death before you sleep and when u wake up is key. It sounds morbid , but this could be your last day on earth.

Salah is the foundation , its a literal constant reminder of your purpose.

- Also continuously repenting

The real question is is your belief in Allah and his messenger strong? I found that, there may be many techniques to praying, but the best way to pray consistently is to have a strong foundation in your belief in Allah in the first place. Strengthen your belief in Allah and his messenger, understand that you cannot do anything without his permission and that he is the only God worthy of worship, you should love him more than anyone else, and fear him more than anyone else, when you make dua to him, it should be completely sincere in your heart.
1.You should start by simply making dua everyday for Allah to help you to pray, because you want to worship him, gain his pleasure, attain jannah and ward off his punishment. Keep making Duas, if you search up online there are specific parts of the day where you can make dua that will be more likely to be accepted
2.Drop all of your beliefs about prayer, from a young age you tend to be brainwashed into praying is like, having to study, or having to exercise, or something thats difficult that you have to do, so it becomes a burden in your head to pray, when you do want to pray you get lazy, this is the shaytaan, he doesnt want you to pray bc the benefit of praying is too much, then after he makes you lazy he'll whisper to u on why you shouldn't pray. What you need to do is change your mindset about prayer, and every time u get waswas, you seek refuge in Allah from shaytaan, and remind yourself of how much of a blessing prayer is
Allah said about the hypocrites
9:54
And what prevented their donations from being accepted is that they have lost faith in Allah and His Messenger, they never come to prayer except half-heartedly, and they never donate except resentfully.
Coming to prayer half-heartedly is making a mockery of prayer, since prayer should be something u want to do, even if its difficult, u should try ur best ability to pray in order to get Allahs pleasure
3.After you changed your mindset about prayer being a burden, now you need to learn why you pray. There are 2 books on prayer which u can find online.
-Humility in prayer by ibn rajab RA
-The inner dimensions of prayer by ibnul qayyim RA
4.After that I would reccomend reading tafseer and understanding the Quran you are reading and all the words you are saying, and making ur heart attentive in prayer
5.You have to be patient and keep making dua, it may be difficult for a couple weeks, maybe a couple months, but if u show Allah you really want it, he will give it to u, who knows Allah may help u quickly, but never give up making dua.

Trending