How much does farmland cost back home?

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
I know the estimates of plots of land for building a home, but I can find nothing online about farmland.

Does anyone know how much farmland the size of 5-10 acres would cost?

P.S. Preferably prices in (western)Somaliland.

Buying land in somalia is a risk I'm not willing to take right now
:browtf:

It's something I've thought about myself, irrigation might be a bit of a ballache though if you're considering commercial farming :patrice:

Idk much about the prices , but i have a relative whos doing v.well with agriculture. im thinking of getting into it later in life.

Thugnificent

It's something I've thought about myself, irrigation might be a bit of a ballache though if you're considering commercial farming :patrice:
The usual practice is boring water holes. In western Somaliland everyone does that. During the rainy(guul) season the underground water reservoirs fill up so its reliable.

If you've secured land that isn't rocklike and have an ample water supply you're set. :banderas:

Last edited:

Thugnificent

Idk much about the prices , but i have a relative whos doing v.well with agriculture. im thinking of getting into it later in life.
Worry about cultivation later sxb, buy the land now while it's cheap(most somalis look down on farmers, this will change once they've finished turning most grazing lands into deserts). Or else you'll regret it as much as I do not buying dogecoin when it was 0,007 cent
:damn:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
You have to go on Facebook and search for it, I've seen anywhere from 3k to 5k per hectare in the south near Afgoye to 10k near Garowe.

Thugnificent

You have to go on Facebook and search for it, I've seen anywhere from 3k to 5k per hectare in the south near Afgoye to 10k near Garowe.
The age old principle that the price depends on the presence or absence of a government still stands I see.

I couldn't find any offers on Facebook marketplace. Can you send an example?
:feedme:

What about the security of your investment? I am always wondered what if a certain group where to 'taxi your crops? Or if it was appropriated?

I know the estimates of plots of land for building a home, but I can find nothing online about farmland.

Does anyone know how much farmland the size of 5-10 acres would cost?

P.S. Preferably prices in (western)Somaliland.

Buying land in somalia is a risk I'm not willing to take right now
:browtf:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
:mjpls::mjpls:
I smell FKD thread incoming. . . .
yo this on a public somali forum.
It's calm now but sharks lurking!
Don't ask these crazy questions!

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
What about the security of your investment? I am always wondered what if a certain group where to 'taxi your crops? Or if it was appropriated?
Land disputes happen often, someone can claim your land even if you have the deed to extort money from you to drop their claim. In the south, your crop will be taxed several times, by Shabaab, the government and checkpoints. In the end, it's best to purchase where you are from, you are less likely to get screwed over.

Sxb i know land down south is cheap. It's cheap due to the lack of security. It's fine is you have your qabil to back you up. But I don't hail from there.

Do you know anything about prices up north in SL?
:win:
i don't know about the north but don't think they have agricultural land.
these land are not cheap. these prices are the same as in the United States which is a rich country, has a strong private property right compared to Somalia (no mooryaan stealing your farm) and has a high productivity.
Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 8.16.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 8.17.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 8.17.25 PM.png

even pasture land is private and i think that is better compared to what we have today.

Trending