How much claim...

alien

📍outer space
VIP
How much of Kenya are inhabited by somali people. I'm so confused cause some sources say we can claim isiolo. Some say we can claim Lamu County cause of the Boni (Aweer) and the Bajuni people who live there. Where exactly does our somali land claim border end.

Somali nomads penetrated as far as Isiolo where the British stopped them on the border with Maasai land. But Isiolo isn't majority Somali, it's mainly Sakuye/Boran.

The NFD is almost exclusively Somali (98%).

I am willing to bet that they're more Somalis in the NFD than Jubbaland. :icon lol:
In 2007 the NFD was broken up into the North East province consisting of Wajir, Mandera, and Garissa counties; almost entirely Somali as you said.

The former NFD counties of Marsabit and Isiolo were mostly Borana, Sakuye and Rendille. They were put in the Eastern province with non-Somalis.

Last edited:
In 2009 the NFD was broken up into the North East province consisting of Wajir, Mandera, and Garissa counties; almost entirely Somali as you said.

The former NFD counties of Marsabit and Isiolo were mostly Borana, Sakuye and Rendille. They were put in the Eastern province with non-Somalis.
Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that the Christian Borans of Moyale and Isiolo are one of the major reasons why the NFD is in Kenya.

There was even a street named after their treachery.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Somali nomads penetrated as far as Isiolo where the British stopped them on the border with Maasai land. But Isiolo isn't majority Somali, it's mainly Sakuye/Boran.
I have a question. I was quickly looking through some sakuye history and saw that they tried to help somali people secede. Did they want to join Somaliweyn or just help but stay with Kenya?

I have a question. I was quickly looking through some sakuye history and saw that they tried to help somali people secede. Did they want to join Somaliweyn or just help but stay with Kenya?
The Sakuye were with Somaliweyn fighting. Borana were the problem, they were divided for and against Somaliweyn.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I'm just speaking generally about NFD. It doesn't have any big cities like Somali Galbeed has Jigjiga, Harar, Dire Dawa. It doesn't seem that valuable and they should just move up
I don't think you get why they won't. It's their home. It's their ancestors home. That's all the regions they know. Why would they leave.

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
How much of Kenya are inhabited by somali people. I'm so confused cause some sources say we can claim isiolo. Some say we can claim Lamu County cause of the Boni (Aweer) and the Bajuni people who live there. Where exactly does our somali land claim border end.
Isiolo Somalis are mainly isaaqs called Ishakia who the British brought over In the 1940s.