How many years until Somaliland gives up seperatism ?

I believe by 2030 SL will reunite with Somalia. Compared to 2010, today the Isaaq unionists have tripled in size and majority of people in SL have lost hope on ictiraaf and got sick of lack of development.

It depends entirely on how long it takes Somalia to recover and grow. At the end of the day economics will win…..would Somaliland (or at least those in the half of the territory they control) benefit by maintaining the union or not? Right now those in Hargeisa think they are better off as a separate country simple because they have an eye on World Bank/IMF funding…..that is the extent of their economic dreams lol.

Once Somalia discovers & develops its oil/gas resources (I know there are a lot of skeptics but statistically there has to be commercial deposits somewhere) and starts getting billions of revenue….the people of Hargeisa would demand a share. Before you know it residents in north will be flowing south to seek those jobs.

Last edited:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Never. but who cares what they think, Somalia will always be one whether they like it or not

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
I believe by 2030 SL will reunite with Somalia. Compared to 2010, today the Isaaq unionists have tripled in size and majority of people in SL have lost hope on ictiraaf and got sick of lack of development.
They won’t, they are set in their way, their hatred toward Somalia runs very deep to their core.

“hOW mANy YeArs UnTiL sOmAliLAnD GiVeS uP SePeRatiSM”
76F53CD6-4388-4756-AFE5-FC18F37BC7B8.jpeg

Like I said They won’t, the hatred they have runs deep to the core
What the sad thing is we now have 2 generations of youth, some of who are members here, who have never experienced any part of the civil war, yet are completely convinced they have been victims of a “genocide” 🤦‍♂️

the real calamity is the nurturing of a severe depressive victim hood mentality in millions of children in the north.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I don’t buy into the idea of that every SL hates Somalia. So many of them are migrating to Xamar for jobs nowadays. The younger generation have way less cuqdad. Hargeisa is a unique case. I’ve been to Burco and there’s a surprising amount of Somalia supporters.

I think we’ll just start seeing more and more defections from cities and towns when the FGS becomes economically powerful before they give it up.

I don’t buy into the idea of that every SL hates Somalia. So many of them are migrating to Xamar for jobs nowadays. The younger generation have way less cuqdad. Hargeisa is a unique case. I’ve been to Burco and there’s a surprising amount of Somalia supporters.

I think we’ll just start seeing more and more defections from cities and towns when the FGS becomes economically powerful before they give it up.
Thanks for the reminder. I never even thought there was hatred till I started lurking here a few yrs back. Never had any issue with any lander or Isaaq and have a few friends (politics is just something we don’t talk about, not coz it’s taboo but just not interesting)

actually I have one memory that sticks out like a sore thumb…it was the weirdest shit ever and was stunned by it….I went to hajj back in 2017….long story short I was in the lift one day in some hotel in Medina….two older Somali dudes (at least 45 yo+) asked me where I was from…..I said Somalia….they didn’t even ask me what city I was from etc but the next thing they did was crazy…

they put there hands forward like they were making dua , bobbed and weaved there heads similar to what jews do and they repeated the following chant “illahiyo Siiad barre wu cafiyo “ WTF lol

i remember just thinking right then and there…..how old are you guys??? These guys had gray hair and bidaar and were in MEDINA doing this shit….

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
When Somalia stabilises and the arms embargo is lifted, Somaliland will come to the table.

Similar to the International orgs, I support clan-federalism and secessionism while Somalia is in its current state.

However, when Somalia stabilises, we should all come together and discuss how to move forward together as people as well as putting behind the horrors of past.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
When Somalia stabilises and the arms embargo is lifted, Somaliland will come to the table.

Similar to the International orgs, I support clan-federalism and secessionism while Somalia is in its current state.

However, when Somalia stabilises, we should all come together and discuss how to move forward together as people as well as putting behind the horrors of past.
Exactly this. There’s no need for a unionism case in SL while we’re the shit show that we are in the rest of Somalia. It’s not even top 10 of my priorities. It’s on us to develop and then win over the rest of Somaliweyn.

If we can’t manage that then we should all just stick to our clan states.

I totally agree, especially about the arms embargo part. Not long after Somali government will be equipped with Turkish drones and tanks. It would be a disaster (and I doubt they’d ever need to use it), but it would definite change the dynamic of the relationship.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

When you guys finally stabilise i will show up to the table wearing a expensive suit like this
Casual Friday Sport GIF by NBA on TNT

the question should be more like how long before somalia(formerly sothern somalia) becomes the islamic emirates of somalia , cause at the moment thats more feasible

What the sad thing is we now have 2 generations of youth, some of who are members here, who have never experienced any part of the civil war, yet are completely convinced they have been victims of a “genocide” 🤦‍♂️

the real calamity is the nurturing of a severe depressive victim hood mentality in millions of children in the north.
What victim hood mentality? For as long as I lived we were never United with Somalia (30 years). I’m pretty sure at this point we’ve been separated longer than we were United. So as far as I’m concerned my capital is in Hargeisa, and the blue flag is something we don’t wave on this side. Imagine giving up our nation to some people that can’t govern in the south. That would be stupid. Face it we gone sxb.
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited: