How many of you guys actually study other religions?

Like aren't you afraid another religion could be correct, like Christianity for example, which has the most followers in the world?

Personally as an agnostic there are only three options:

1. All religions are fake and there is no God

2. Islam is correct

3. Christianity is correct

I have looked at other religions too, but they are either too small (most of them) or not widespread (Hinduism).

Like aren't you afraid another religion could be correct, like Christianity for example, which has the most followers in the world?

Personally as an agnostic there are only three options:

1. All religions are fake and there is no God

2. Islam is correct

3. Christianity is correct

I have looked at other religions too, but they are either too small (most of them) or not widespread (Hinduism).
No at all. The Quran is the flawless read I ever came about!

The only religion that makes sense to me is Islam; I don't need to study religions like Christianity, which believe God is a human being who had a son, who died as him, and is some kind of holy ghost. If I were raised a Christian I would've probably been an atheist.

(Astaghfirullah)

I looked up Buddhism, but it's more of a philosophy than a religion when I studied it.

Islam is more structured as a religion. You know where you stand, your purpose, etc.

God made man.
Man was made to worship God.
Life is a test.
You will be tested.
Follow Islam to be rightly guided.
Upon death, you will be rewarded with Heaven if you follow God's will.
Succumb to the temptations of this world, and you will suffer.
Through God's mercy, you can repent and cleanse yourself.
Man is not perfect, we are expected to make mistakes, but we are also expected to be better as we grow.

The only religion that makes sense to me is Islam; I don't need to study religions like Christianity, which believe God is a human being who had a son, who died as him, and is some kind of holy ghost. If I were raised a Christian I would've probably been an atheist.

(Astaghfirullah)
So if you were born a Christian the chance of you becoming a Muslim would have been low?

Tbh, I see it the same way.

Christianity is an entire logical fallacy. The universe coming to existence from nothing is an impossibility. which leaves islam. Not that hard
Technically the universe can come from nothing, but that would mean there were infinite universes.

Or the universe is in an eternal loop, where the material that forms it is eternal, and the laws change with each cycle.

But due to the fact that there's no proof for either of those positions, atheism has always looked strange to me. Although I do understand that it means they don't believe in God, not that God doesn't exist, but the way they carry themselves is obvious, in that they believe God doesn't exist.

Although I do understand that it means they don't believe in God, not that God doesn't exist, but the way they carry themselves is obvious, in that they believe God doesn't exist.
I'm sure most atheists believe God doesn't exist.

Believing he does exist but choosing not to follow him seems pointless.

As for Agnostics, we're just not sure.

I'm sure most atheists believe God doesn't exist.

Believing he does exist but choosing not to follow him seems pointless.

As for Agnostics, we're just not sure.
No that's a common misunderstanding.

Anti-theism would be the belief that God doesn't exist.
Atheism would be the absence of beliefs in general.

My point is that atheists carry themselves as if they were antitheists instead. This is why I generally don't respect their debates, because they use their label as atheist to say that the one making the claim has to prove why it exists (which is true), but if they are actually spreading antitheism, they'd have to do the same.

BobSmoke

Yaah?
I have researched other religions mostly to compare the similarities/differences and also trying to see the world thru the lens of Judaism or Christianity.

Long story short, it left me more convinced of the deen. No man is complete without submitting to a higher power.

Technically the universe can come from nothing, but that would mean there were infinite universes.

Or the universe is in an eternal loop, where the material that forms it is eternal, and the laws change with each cycle.

But due to the fact that there's no proof for either of those positions, atheism has always looked strange to me. Although I do understand that it means they don't believe in God, not that God doesn't exist, but the way they carry themselves is obvious, in that they believe God doesn't exist.
Exactly theres no evidence for either of them, in fact science disproves both of those theories with the fact that galaxies are moving away from us and the universe itself is expanding. Something eternal cant expand. The cmb radiation left over from the big bang has also been used by scientist to show it had a beginning and even to estimate an age

Due to the Trinity or?
Trinity and the Scripture. I dont know if you ever read the old and new testament. It has some crazy stuff in there, not only the contradictions but some of the prophets are portrayed as savages. David for example; tells his soldiers to run away from uriah during the battle so he would be killed, so david could steal his wife, and hes supposed to a prophet of God

Trending