• This website is being maintained/upgraded and may have some downtime or errors.

How many languages do you speak?

Somali and English.

I think I'm the only diaspora chick on here who can actually write in af-Somali. :mjohreally:

I started learning French but then ciil baa ii qabtay because French people are racist.

@Sophisticate do you speak French? I get the sense that you do...
I recommend you to learn French, this language will do the biggest hold-up of the century, all of West Africa and the Maghreb use the french as the main language of business (even Nigeria and Ghana when doing business with the neighboring countries). And since the Sahelian countries have one of the highest fertility rates and all the Chinese learning it to speak with the CFA bantus. French will be one of the top 3 most talked languages. And without forgetting that French is the lingua Franca of diplomacy. Each document/charter of the UN is written in both English and French. But when a part isn't really precise. The french version predominate the interpretation. Learning French is a good investment if you think you would do business in Africa.

I recommend you to learn French, this language will do the biggest hold-up of the century, all of West Africa and the Maghreb use the french as the main language of business (even Nigeria and Ghana when doing business with the neighboring countries). And since the Sahelian countries have one of the highest fertility rates and all the Chinese learning it to speak with the CFA bantus. French will be one of the top 3 most talked languages. And without forgetting that French is the lingua Franca of diplomacy. Each document/charter of the UN is written in both English and French. But when a part isn't really precise. The french version predominate the interpretation. Learning French is a good investment if you think you would do business in Africa.
I'm Canadian, so its better I learn it as its one of the official languages.

I've been trying to learn french and arabic lately, french moreso because I plan to relocate to Montreal.

I haven't had much success with arabic online classes because they are more geared to the islamic aspect while I am interested in being fluent in speaking casual/everyday arabic.

@THE SOMALI POLYGLOT Do you know of any online sources that can help me get fluent in these two languages?

Thank you :icon e smile:

Somali, Afrikaans, i understand xhosa and zulu, english, norsk, and i can read and write arabic and understand most of it but can't speak it properly but i'm getting there.

One Star To Rule Them All

Somali Militia
VIP
I have mastered 8 languages who are Somali, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia and Russian. And I have a decent level in Hebrew (long story) and Romanian. And now I'm learning Af-Indhoyaar (Mandarin and pinyin for the transcription of course). There's a reason why they call me the Somali Polyglot :westbrookswag: But I will surely stop after Mandarin or else I would not have enough terabytes to learn surat Baqaraa

So in this thread, we will share some advice/tips to learn some new languages and techniques to improve our skills.
Are you that youtube channel.

:lawd:

Trending

Latest posts