• This website is being maintained/upgraded and may have some downtime or errors.

How important is Physical Attraction?

Why you getting triggered abaayo it aint that deep, I initially suspected that you weren't all that, but this emotional response confirmed my suspicions.

If you're really a 9/10 in looks, appearance, intelligence, education, akhlaaq and behaviour, i think you would have no problem in attracting the man you require.

The fact that you're having trouble getting that man (evidenced by this thread), proves there is something wrong with you, something you wish not to disclose on this board.

:ohno:

As for me, If you want receipts slide in my DMs ukhti and I'll show you.
Ah, the good old “Why are you triggered” spiel. Typical of neefs.

I don’t have the time to care about the opinions of a stranger on a forum.

Why you getting triggered abaayo it aint that deep, I initially suspected that you weren't all that, but this emotional response confirmed my suspicions.

If you're really a 9/10 in looks, appearance, intelligence, education, akhlaaq and behaviour, i think you would have no problem in attracting the man you require.

The fact that you're having trouble getting that man (evidenced by this thread), proves there is something wrong with you, something you wish not to disclose on this board.

:ohno:

As for me, If you want receipts slide in my DMs ukhti and I'll show you.
I just read this crap.

Wow. You are the triggered and emotional one wallahi.

You have made baseless assumptions about me, my life and my character. Teda kale, it’s clear you didn’t even read my post, and decided to just spew crap.

This whole thread is about Physical Attraction and why girls are told to give brothers who aren’t that good looking a chance (maybe you’re ugly, and was triggered by the post so you’ve decided to attack me because I hit a nerve. That’s the only explanation to your emotional, dumb responses on my month old thread:mjlaugh:).

Once again, would you like for me to post my picture, my work ID and my CV? I don’t even know who you are, and you’re coming for me? Typical I N C E L

Who asked you what you look like and your credentials? What do you have to prove walaal? Is deeji. And if you’re all that, why are you single? You’re probably ugly* (your character and how you carry yourself on this forum is evident of that.)

Aren’t you the one asking me and other Canadians about relocating to Canada?
A fob looking for sharci. Sharci raadis aya tahay! Btw, you probably can’t even afford renting a dingy apartment here, let alone buying a home/property.* So don’t waste your breath and time coming here.

(*Do you see how foolish it is to make assumptions about a stranger on a forum?)

Nacaas nacaas dalay ayaa tahay. Do yourself a favour and READ the initial post before posting dumb garbage. The thing about opinions, is that every neef* has them.

This is my last reply to you.

Last edited:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FDK Visionary
VIP
I just read this crap.

Wow. You are the triggered and emotional one wallahi.

You have made baseless assumptions about me, my life and my character. Teda kale, it’s clear you didn’t even read my post, and decided to just spew crap.

This whole thread is about Physical Attraction and why girls are told to give brothers who aren’t that good looking a chance (maybe you’re ugly, and was triggered by the post so you’ve decided to attack me because I hit a nerve. That’s the only explanation to your emotional, dumb responses on my month old thread:mjlaugh:).

Once again, would you like for me to post my picture, my work ID and my CV? I don’t even know who you are, and you’re coming for me? Typical I N C E L

Who asked you what you look like and your credentials? What do you have to prove walaal? Is deeji. And if you’re all that, why are you single? You’re probably ugly* (your character and how you carry yourself on this forum is evident of that.)

Aren’t you the one asking me and other Canadians about relocating to Canada?
A fob looking for sharci. Sharci raadis aya tahay! Btw, you probably can’t even afford renting a dingy apartment here, let alone buying a home/property.* So don’t waste your breath and time coming here.

(*Do you see how foolish it is to make assumptions about a stranger on a forum?)

Nacaas nacaas dalay ayaa tahay. Do yourself a favour and READ the initial post before posting dumb garbage. The thing about opinions, is that every neef* has them.

This is my last reply to you.
Abaayo macaan, I aint reading all that emotional drivel :ftw9nwa:

it comes down to this, if you want to attract the man you desire, step up and improve yourself, focus on your weaknesses and inshallah you will get there.

:it0tdo8::it0tdo8:

John Farah

Somalinimo till i dhimo
Personally. I think that I will never, ever fall into the trap of focusing on such a superficial topic such as physical attraction said no man ever. The reality is physical attraction is very important to both genders for marriage. And that everyone benefits from being healthy and taking care of themselves. Who doesn't want an attractive partner?

But reading the replies from many in this thread has really revealed that many are chasing lust instead of a good partner. That tingling butterfly sensation you feel towards a man will not last, no matter how attractive he is to you. Like most creatures, we are rewarded for reproducing and rightly so our brains will give us the release we need to do the deed. But what comes after is more important, is physical attraction such an important factor that you should value it above all?

I don't think so, I personally try to find a healthy balance in a partner. If she is good looking enough but has a great moral foundation then I value her more for her morals than I ever will for her looks. I do this for my future children and for the long term stability of my family. Sometimes the things we want are not what we need. The expectations of our generation are very flawed, too many TV shows and access to social media, has resulted in unreal expectations. Everyone is looking for the top 2% in the opposite gender yet everyone isn't the 2% of their gender. Let's be honest, most of you aren't that attractive. If you where you wouldn't be asking if physical attraction is important, you'd be finding it.

We all need to humble ourselves. Pick a good partner, not a fantasy partner.

Leila

Isku filan
You should feel attracted to your potential spouse , it’s completely normal . After all you will be spending the rest of your life with this person.

This topic is exposing a lot of people who have insecurities, most women don’t expect the perfect guy who looks like a model but a level of attraction needs to be present . Im sure a lot of would pick the woman who looks above average .

You should feel attracted to your potential spouse , it’s completely normal . After all you will be spending the rest of your life with this person.

This topic is exposing a lot of people who have insecurities, most women don’t expect the perfect guy who looks like a model but a level of attraction needs to be present . Im sure a lot of would pick the woman who looks above average .
I’m surprised this thread is still being bumped because I wrote it over a month ago! Nowhere did I say I want a model. It’s simply insecure boys doing a lot of projecting. They’re weird and lack reading comprehension skills.

I agree with your statement. Attraction is important and that was the entire point of the thread. Subhana’Allah, a lot of the men (more like little boys) on this forum are venomous and hateful. May Allah heal them.

You reinvent the wheel on this thread wallahi. Physical Attraction AND CHARACTER are important. No one wants an ugly disturbing person who will turn your life into hell

We're all adults here so let's talk frankly.

Intercourse would be painful for a woman because she will be as dry as the Sahara desert. I don't know which sane man would want to be intimate with a woman whose body is repelling him.

It's not just based on looks but many factors, it can be voice, manners, intellect. Even pheromones, yes, the way someone smells can attract or repulse you!

Every pot has its lid :)

We're all adults here so let's talk frankly.

Intercourse would be painful for a woman because she will be as dry as the Sahara desert. I don't know which sane man would want to be intimate with a woman whose body is repelling him.

It's not just based on looks but many factors, it can be voice, manners, intellect. Even pheromones, yes, the way someone smells can attract or repulse you!

Every pot has its lid :)
Yes. You articulated it so well! That’s also a point that needs to be made clear. Laakin these kids don’t even believe that women have desires. Ma kala jeclo.

Ladies, are you sick and tired of being told to give a brother that you’re not attracted to a chance, or is it just me?

How much emphasis do you place on PA? Personally, it’s a deal breaker. If I’m not attracted to a man, he could be a Doctor and I still wouldn’t care. It’s very, very difficult for me to look past a man’s looks.

Ironically, I don’t have a type physically, it’s more of a “If I find you attractive, I find you attractive” sort of thing.
Preach sis. I'm sick and tired of it!
Physical attraction is very important to me. You could be rich as hell and have a high status, wallahi I don't care. Looks and personality come before that. I've been shamed for this, a close family member told me "qurux waxa la rabaa gabadha bis' in other words a man doesn't have to be goodlooking. I've been single for a quarter of a century just to end up with someone I don't even like looking at? Nah. I'm not even asking for much, just someone who's attractive to me, in shape and taller than me (I'm very short so thats not even difficult). I'm done with women being shamed for having preferences. I can't get past looks. If I don't you attractive, I won't give you a chance.

Physical attraction isn't needed if the man is big rich and powerful. Any woman on this thread who claims otherwise is capping.

Preach sis. I'm sick and tired of it!
Physical attraction is very important to me. You could be rich as hell and have a high status, wallahi I don't care. Looks and personality come before that. I've been shamed for this, a close family member told me "qurux waxa la rabaa gabadha bis' in other words a man doesn't have to be goodlooking. I've been single for a quarter of a century just to end up with someone I don't even like looking at? Nah. I'm not even asking for much, just someone who's attractive to me, in shape and taller than me (I'm very short so thats not even difficult). I'm done with women being shamed for having preferences. I can't get past looks. If I don't you attractive, I won't give you a chance.
Sis there's no need to lie or give a long spiel. We all know if a rich, ogre of a man with the means to lift you and your family from working class to the upper echelons of society - you wouldn't blink twice at his marriage proposal.

Sis there's no need to lie or give a long spiel. We all know if a rich, ogre of a man with the means to lift you and your family from working class to the upper echelons of society - you wouldn't blink twice at his marriage proposal.
honestly, not true
I've never cared about materialism like that. yes, it would be amazing if he was so rich he could support my family as well but my own happiness is more important. physical attraction is something I cannot and will not compromise on. Would it be stupid to turn down such a proposal? maybe.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

Dalliance with Danger
Staff Member
Physical attraction isn't needed if the man is big rich and powerful. Any woman on this thread who claims otherwise is capping.
Not everyone would drop anything to be with a man who is wealthy. Sure he'll have a good selection but one can't assume they'll win with everyone. I'd consider it a lowkey form of halaal prostitution for marrying a man of means who looks like a goblin.

Not everyone would drop anything to be with a man who is wealthy. Sure he'll have a good selection but one can't assume they'll win with everyone. I'd consider it a lowkey form of halaal prostitution for marrying a man of means who looks like a goblin.
exactly. my loyalty, commitment and love can't be bought. makes no sense wallahi

exactly. my loyalty, commitment and love can't be bought. makes no sense wallahi
That's because your "integrity" has not been tested, there's no millionaire asking for you. But if there was, I can guarantee you'd rationalise away his physical traits (or lack thereof). Just like countless of many women have done so. And there's no shame in that.

There's a reason as to why the most powerful and richest men have married exceptionally beautiful women for a millennia. Deny it all you want, but us women are attracted to power, wealth and status.

Sophisticate

Dalliance with Danger
Staff Member
That's because your "integrity" has not been tested, there's no millionaire asking for you. But if there was, I can guarantee you'd rationalise away his physical traits (or lack thereof). Just like countless of many women have done so. And there's no shame in that.

There's a reason as to why the most powerful and richest men have married exceptionally beautiful women for a millennia. Deny it all you want, but us women are attracted to power, wealth and status.
What if you have been checked for by a high net worth individuals (relative to most) but simply weren't interested? :ohhh: Some people have already been tested and can't be bought.

Looks is only temporary, age and child birth will affect looks/physical attraction. I would rank Deen, intelligence and personality higher.

Trending