How Ethiopia's map would look like without somali galbeed

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
They are different than us, unique ruling system, different culture, language and mindset. Taking them with us dispaid the differences will only cause problems. Beside that they have a lot of assimilated oromos, anyone can get assimilated to became oromo, so their DNA differences are more than what you just said. Somalis are more strict on that.

Not really

As long as we're divided, and on each others throat, I'm afraid we will never get back our lands in kenya or Ethiopia , it's just a wishful thinking .
we can't even keep what we have together
each qabiil wants to be the royal family of Somalia and if they can't have it , no one will have it , they'll rather destroy Somalia than let a rival clan lead .

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Nice theory, interesting concept

Okay let's just indulge ourselves in this wild concept , inorder for this alternative timeline to be realistic and not let our emotions overcompensate us , we need to be reasonable and this hypothesis to make any sense.

Let's assume Ethiopia was in turmoil, at the brink of ethnic genocide, full out scale wars encompassing the entire country, facing adjacent threats in every direction and all of sudden the shiny foreheads of Geeljires became a lightbulb overnight.
Let's say they tried to secede

The current map of DDSI
sketch-1606226815080.jpg

Hypothetical border map of the newly Somali State in blue , note that it differs a little than the current recognised map and slightly smaller in comparison.

sketch-1606226366814.jpg

The dark grey line is the indication of a new borderline and splitting several Somali territories, remaining part of Ethiopia , due to its strategic location , key points for border access and essential access to ports and networks , Ethiopia will atleast work hard on retaining strategic points.
Take the green line for example , the reconstructed railway network from Addis - Adama - Dire Dawa to Djibouti line , runs through small pockets of sparsely populated villages and towns in Shinile which is part of the current DDSI it's the main breadbasket route for Ethiopia, there is no doubt they will never compromise such a loss,
The tog-wajaale -Karamardha are another example of key importance for commerce and access to Somaliland's port.
The Moyale woreda , parts of Liban zone to Filtu will also be retained due to it's importance, strategic and resource value also the easiest route to Moyale, Kenya connecting a tarmac road straight to Nairobi.
In this hypothetical map , I believe some regions are sacrificed in order for Somali State to flourish and exist let alone reclaiming Dire Dawa.
But nonetheless it's mind boggling that Somalis entertain with these illogical thoughts and not possibly dive through what can be logical although I'm just painting a picture detailing accurate analysis, all I can say is that the Ethiopians are determined to never let a second Eritrea happen although if it occurred they are keen to secure their geopolitical leverages since they value strategy to an extreme extent and Somalis should learn one or two.
If Somali State existed Jigjiga would be the largest city and Godey the capital.

Ethiopia would border Djibouti , Kenya and Somaliland.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Nice theory, interesting concept

Okay let's just indulge ourselves in this wild concept , inorder for this alternative timeline to be realistic and not let our emotions overcompensate us , we need to be reasonable and this hypothesis to make any sense.

Let's assume Ethiopia was in turmoil, at the brink of ethnic genocide, full out scale wars encompassing the entire country, facing adjacent threats in every direction and all of sudden the shiny foreheads of Geeljires became a lightbulb overnight.
Let's say they tried to secede

The current map of DDSI
View attachment 154901

Hypothetical border map of the newly Somali State in blue , note that it differs a little than the current recognised map and slightly smaller in comparison.

View attachment 154902
The dark grey line is the indication of a new borderline and splitting several Somali territories, remaining part of Ethiopia , due to its strategic location , key points for border access and essential access to ports and networks , Ethiopia will atleast work hard on retaining strategic points.
Take the green line for example , the reconstructed railway network from Addis - Adama - Dire Dawa to Djibouti line , runs through small pockets of sparsely populated villages and towns in Shinile which is part of the current DDSI it's the main breadbasket route for Ethiopia, there is no doubt they will never compromise such a loss,
The tog-wajaale -Karamardha are another example of key importance for commerce and access to Somaliland's port.
The Moyale woreda , parts of Liban zone to Filtu will also be retained due to it's importance, strategic and resource value also the easiest route to Moyale, Kenya connecting a tarmac road straight to Nairobi.
In this hypothetical map , I believe some regions are sacrificed in order for Somali State to flourish and exist let alone reclaiming Dire Dawa.
But nonetheless it's mind boggling that Somalis entertain with these illogical thoughts and not possibly dive through what can be logical although I'm just painting a picture detailing accurate analysis, all I can say is that the Ethiopians are determined to never let a second Eritrea happen although if it occurred they are keen to secure their geopolitical leverages since they value strategy to an extreme extent and Somalis should learn one or two.
If Somali State existed Jigjiga would be the largest city and Godey the capital.

Ethiopia would border Djibouti , Kenya and Somaliland.
Your points make sense, but I'd not consider sacrificing lands to get out. Why not leave while they are killing each other.

Trending

Latest posts