How Does Energy Work With Machinery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
If your going to come in with equations and bullshit, please stay out. Please mods ensure this thread doesn't turn into word salad, we want to know simply how energy turns into work for machinery. For example wind is energy, when there is a hurricane, it blows and moves objects like cars. The maths for this is something to do with wind pressure vs weight of vehicle and possibly environmental conditions(up a hill, down a hill, etc).

What I want to know is, I can see how energy can move physical objects just through strong winds, it can blow roofs off, move cars, and even structures this is motion and travel and similar to how a car travels on liquid oil. Energy is about getting things to move, it's not a complex idea, it's just to get something to move. Now what I don't understand is how does oil, petrol, gas, whatever you want to call it, a liquid cause movement in an engine?

I can understand how pressure can make objects move but not liquid state of energy, I don't understand how the engine needs to suck onto some liquid like gas in order to move, the engine is made of metal and the inside of the engine it consists of valves and pistons, how does gas or petrol contribute to cause movement in the engine and drive? If we can understand how it works with engine, it will be fairly similar with any other type of machinery also. I simply cannot work out why metal structures like an engine and yes it is METAL look at it closely needs liquid, metal isn't a living organism, it's a non living mechanical structure. How does liquid play a role with such mechanical state?

Please no copy and paste from google, just work out in your own mind.

BankaTuyo

حيران
in internal combustion engines for example; a fine aerosol of fuel is injected into an enclosed chamber with movable parts (the piston), then some oxygen is added to that aerosol of fuel in the piston to oxidize it and then a spark of fire is added into the mix to kick start a mini controlled explosion inside the piston, the explosion then produces a heated rapidly expanding gases, the energy from the expanding gases in the piston are then captured by whatever mechanism (through shafts, levers, and other mechanical moving parts) and used to tun the wheels of the car.

in other words; chemical energy is released via a controlled explosion and then that energy is captured in the form of heated expanding gases and tuned in to mechanical energy to turn the wheels. very simple.

Liquid is a primer for metals and without it wouldn’t be able to ignite.
Think of the metal as order and liquid as Chaos, the metal holds and uses the energy it receives from the liquid.

E = mc^2 * (gamma)
;)

But to be real, you see energy every day you just dont notice it.Think of a still rose bed , stationary and not disturbed.If you woke up looking at the bed you would never notice that there were individual flowers there.However once you change the bed you notice its individual flowers, similiarly we often notice change in energy. We call this change in energy with respect to somethng(flowers moves with respect to the other flowers) as "motion ,force etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending