How Do You View And Interpret Maths

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
When u guys see Maths, what do you see from your 'point of reference' and how do u troubleshoot problems. When I say maths I don't mean 'calculaations' such as(addition, substraction, multiplication, division) that is done thru calculators to test your maths. Think of maths as the concepts on a calculator, not the actual calculation u do.

What I know is u need to understand the 'concepts' and what is being discussed in nature(gravity, space-time, energy both physical and non physical, electrical). I also know it applies to 'quantum' and the interactions of the smallest units of concepts(atom, particle, electrons, elements).

What I see is the concept and the factor/variables/constants involved to describe the concept and finally 'measurement or calculation' to be tested.

I also look for patterns or if the concept has fully been 'captured' the theory, usually if it's 'very' long it hasn't been captured fully as it's going away from simple roots, complexity doesn't report to complexity, is my view.

Thing u should take into account which I do is the measurement(distance, speed, velocity, duration) for concept of time, as what your looking at should have motion. I also look at the unit of measurement(quantity,, weight, volume, pressure, etc). Shapes and Geometry is another interesting area(length, width, curves, angles, points) as all shapes have this 'property' as a law.

I found maths interesting when I was 13 in year 7 and then stopped not due to loss of interest but due to social image of young black male in society. But I would read my enclycopedia on my bed as a child to study not just this but many things, cause back in the mid to late 90s theinformation age was still primitive.

How do you see maths when u view it, I prefer to visualize it thru nature or sometimes if im in a brain drain moment I look at unorthodox arts to get a clue of how imaginative the painting is and how I can view things.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I used to enjoy chemistry class i mean the 'labs' becuz I use to see it as cooking with ingredients, that was my young mind view, I still view it simply.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I hope schooling is different for kids nowaday, back in my day 'social image n groups' was big thing. Homies, skaters, jocks, nerds, goths, etc. Everyone towed the line of where they could fit in. I hope they get rid of that shit as it forces kids to do things they don't even like.

When ur a kid is when u r the most open minded, that is when u realize if some ppl have it 'genetic' or smart(educated) or both or both working off each other.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I noticed with young kids from 5 to 18, u will be able to see their genetic gift.

Drawing, words, numbers, leaders, engineers(physically putting together), thinkers. U will spot it and then the school system isn't designed to accomodate it, then they enter something they don't like or genetically gifted too and they get upset thru out life and it damages the industry their in with no progress or advancement, some even become unproductive due to talent pool.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
For me I always liked things I don't know and filling that void, once i know it, i dislike it and move to something else, that's why i had brittanica encyclopedia, encarta, etc i need a range of topics to keep me engaged.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I even had yusuf ali quran in english, I read it becuz I witnessed the 'effect' religion has on people, even tho I didn't know why, so I read it. I read into christianity also. Then stopped for ages untill I realized their is buddhism, judaism, atheism, nature based, I started to realize 'truth' depends on the 'culture or person background' or their 'life journey' the ones who been on a journey are very wise, the ones who r just muslim, christian, atheist due to birth are not usually bright people or ppl that i found engaging.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalis should excel in natural science, tech, maths as their is little 'emotional factor' involved but stay away from history-politics-religion-anthropology-archaelogy as their is a-lot of biases involved due to the impact it can have on society.

Somalis should excel in natural science, tech, maths as their is little 'emotional factor' involved but stay away from history-politics-religion-anthropology-archaelogy as their is a-lot of biases involved due to the impact it can have on society.
It’s only the autists that have an affinity for science, tech and maths. You have to be interested in things and concepts more than people.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@SociallyAwkwardFarax not all reality is observable, sometimes the 'effects' can be seen like mentally ill person, u can't see their illness but u see the 'effect', a-lot of science requires you to see 'effects' or how hardware provides life(energy) to a computer, u can't see the 'energy' flowing thru the hardware, so their is a non physical layer to the universe and we must observe it for 'effects'.

@SociallyAwkwardFarax not all reality is observable, sometimes the 'effects' can be seen like mentally ill person, u can't see their illness but u see the 'effect', a-lot of science requires you to see 'effects' or how hardware provides life(energy) to a computer, u can't see the 'energy' flowing thru the hardware, so their is a non physical layer to the universe and we must observe it for 'effects'.
What you’re describing is the word ‘abstract’, and you’re right being able to think and understand in the abstract is what all scientists, mathematicians and engineers are capable of and good at doing.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
What you’re describing is the word ‘abstract’, and you’re right being able to think and understand in the abstract is what all scientists, mathematicians and engineers are capable of and good at doing.

Quantum is the big thing now in science since it's much easier to test and observe results. The Atom is interesting concept, it's abstract, cuz all energy(physical or non physical) all report to a common small root or 'grain' when broken down, it's amazing how the concept captures all things so beautifully with a simple word. Even atom breaks down when observed into 'electrical fields' as with all electric their is 'positive/negative' to it.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Is it me or is chemistry easier subject to learn then the other sciences. It's no different to cooking, measuring elements(ingredients, properties, etc) and there is only two 'conditions' always present 'heat n cold' and 'temperature' to determine reactions.

The periodic table makes it even easier to study the elements, look at their properties, and remember their measurements. Im suprised why Somali women don't pursue this field.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I think equations in maths need a 'visual representation' right next to it, the way it's presented is dirty and not easily understood.

When u guys see Maths, what do you see from your 'point of reference' and how do u troubleshoot problems. When I say maths I don't mean 'calculaations' such as(addition, substraction, multiplication, division) that is done thru calculators to test your maths. Think of maths as the concepts on a calculator, not the actual calculation u do.

What I know is u need to understand the 'concepts' and what is being discussed in nature(gravity, space-time, energy both physical and non physical, electrical). I also know it applies to 'quantum' and the interactions of the smallest units of concepts(atom, particle, electrons, elements).

What I see is the concept and the factor/variables/constants involved to describe the concept and finally 'measurement or calculation' to be tested.

I also look for patterns or if the concept has fully been 'captured' the theory, usually if it's 'very' long it hasn't been captured fully as it's going away from simple roots, complexity doesn't report to complexity, is my view.

Thing u should take into account which I do is the measurement(distance, speed, velocity, duration) for concept of time, as what your looking at should have motion. I also look at the unit of measurement(quantity,, weight, volume, pressure, etc). Shapes and Geometry is another interesting area(length, width, curves, angles, points) as all shapes have this 'property' as a law.

I found maths interesting when I was 13 in year 7 and then stopped not due to loss of interest but due to social image of young black male in society. But I would read my enclycopedia on my bed as a child to study not just this but many things, cause back in the mid to late 90s theinformation age was still primitive.

How do you see maths when u view it, I prefer to visualize it thru nature or sometimes if im in a brain drain moment I look at unorthodox arts to get a clue of how imaginative the painting is and how I can view things.
Mathematical thinking is how I want to perceive math. But I'm still learning about it. It's less about the details and more of the overall perception

Trending

Latest posts