How do you face stereotypes, prejudice & discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

någon :)
I was wondering how my follow somalis face this problem everyday today life.
As a mixed person I may not appear looking fully somali, so it's harder for people to stereotype me.
I had some people that just didn't want anything to do with me after telling them my background.
Some girls didn't even wanna date me because of my somali side, I'm not a self hating bastard of course I have to tell them who I'm. Tell me with kind of fucked up discrimination you have faced in your life. + What' s the most fucked up someone has told you just cuz you're somali.

It means alot I'm going to read every comment, don't be afraid to share your experience.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Firstly what kind of mix are you? (I'm curious)

I've been asked by white ppl 'what are
You'
countless times. I was even asked
In a job interview lol

Black people always assume I'm Eritrean, when I say I'm Somali
They say 'but you don't look
Like them' .... You can see the
Change in their eyes.

As if Somalis are some hideous race,
I firmly put them in their place.

Maybe you should try dating
A Somali girl, she wouldn't
Reject you...

:trumpsmirk:

Benjamin

Firstly what kind of mix are you? (I'm curious)

I've been asked by white ppl 'what are
You'
countless times. I was even asked
In a job interview lol

Black people always assume I'm Eritrean, when I say I'm Somali
They say 'but you don't look
Like them' .... You can see the
Change in their eyes.

As if Somalis are some hideous race,
I firmly put them in their place.

Maybe you should try dating
A Somali girl, she wouldn't
Reject you...

:trumpsmirk:

I'm Ashkenazi/ Yemenite jew '& somali. My current girlfriend is Somali, we have been together almost 3 years. I thought this comment was lost thanks.
Do you date or naah?

I'm Ashkenazi/ Yemenite jew '& somali. My current girlfriend is Somali, we have been together almost 3 years. I thought this comment was lost thanks.
Do you date or naah?

Of course I date, I'm not in the dark
Ages....

That's so interesting, I've never met
A Jewish Arab and Somali mixed person Before.

So are you Jewish? And if so what
Parent is? I know the Jewish
Woman carry the line which
Is so cool.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
Do you date or naah?

I revoke our friendship pay the tributes asap or i'll ban you ?

You can't be all those ethnicities at once, lineage is through the father so if your ancestors weren't somali , somali ma tihiid nothing personal sxb

:kanyeshrug::kanyeshrug:

Benjamin

Of course I date, I'm not in the dark
Ages....

That's so interesting, I've never met
A Jewish Arab and Somali mixed person Before.

So are you Jewish? And if so what
Parent is? I know the Jewish
Woman carry the line which
Is so cool.
Yeah my mother is a Jew, no I'm jew by lineage & my tribe.

Benjamin

I revoke our friendship pay the tributes asap or i'll ban you ?

You can't be all those ethnicities at once, lineage is through the father so if your ancestors weren't somali , somali ma tihiid nothing personal sxb

:kanyeshrug::kanyeshrug:
What man? I'm not gonna deny any side of my family, I revoke my Internet allegiance to you. You're not wise enough for my respect.

Imagine seeing a black duhulo going in law classes with a sea of white faces with expensive suits and dresses and me wearing a simple jibab. Boy, was I naiv :noneck:

Mamma steam gave no damn. She was taught her worth from home, and she was going to reach her god-given potential :fittytousand:

They assumed the worst and I let them,:manny:

But over time I won them over by:

1) Under promising

2) Over-delivering
Nobody wanted to work with me the first few months:liberaltears:

But if you can't join then then beat was my motto, and I left them in the dust and the rumors made their to the administration, and soon everyone saw my potential :trumpsmirk:

I created a good reputation and I was known as the brutal honest Somali chick who took non-sense from no-body and it scored me amazing jobs.

:mjswag:

Benjamin

Imagine seeing a black duhulo going in law classes with a sea of white faces with expensive suits and dresses and me wearing a simple jibab. Boy, was I naiv :noneck:

Mamma steam gave no damn. She was taught her worth from home, and she was going to reach her god-given potential :fittytousand:

They assumed the worst and let them,:manny:

But over time I won them over by:

1) Under promising

2) Over-delivering

Nobody wanted to work with me the first few months:liberaltears:

But if you can't join then then beat was my motto, and I left them in the dust and the rumors made their to the administration, and soon everyone saw my potential :trumpsmirk:

I created a good reputation and I was known as the brutal honest Somali chick who took non-sense from no-body and it scored me amazing jobs.

:mjswag:
I'm proud of you my sister
giphy.gif

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
What man? I'm not gonna deny any side of my family, I revoke my Internet allegiance to you. You're not wise enough for my respect.

Lineage in islam is through aabo so if aabo is somali then you're somali. What you can't do is to claim ancestry on both sides of the family it amounts to rejecting your islamic identity. There's a reason why you've taken your father's name & not your mother as your surname

His father is Somali sxb, he is Somali.

:drakewtf:

I didn'tsee that post of his laakin why is claiming that he's jew iyo somali at the same time ?

I'm merely teaching him the basics nothing more walaal

:gaasdrink:

Status
Not open for further replies.