How do you deal with someone close who has mental health issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a close friend who practices self harm as a means to release tension. He doesn't like to tell people about this because people don't understand and they will make fun of him, but he trusts me and I'll definitely take care of this guy.

How do you deal with friends/family who have mental health issues?

You encourage them to seek medical advice like you would if it was a physical problem. Self harm - as in cutting - leaves permanent scars which he will regret later on.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Understand Mental Health is the first and foremost. Mental health is simply someone who has given up in life, feels hopeless, doesn't want to play this fake game of life and is dissatisfied with it. It's the first step to realism but some will get stuck in this stage like I did for a few years. You realize how you operated in the past isn't an answer anymore and your seeking answers on new options and routes or plans for your life while also ensuring you do not end up back to the same problems you ran away from. It's called soul searching mental illness and some stop searching and that's when it becomes a mental illness in my view as they given up. They don't want to go back to the past and how they lived when they were normal and they don't know what way to move forward so they end up stuck in the mental illness zone and their illnesses change and transform over time to different and more complex problems.

Like me all I had an anxiety problem, I just fear and worry about the unknown and future because I feel I can't control it or shape it to suit my anxiety diet. This left undiagnozed has given me psychotic features not schizophrenia but psychotic features that are the same as schizophrenia the only difference is I can go to sleep and wake up the next day and be back to normal where-as a schizophrenia person cannot.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Mental health issues can mean you become a great and strong person if you can pass through it or you can stay stuck in that zone fearing moving forward from it such as not taking medication, no therapy, no really dealing with your issue or pinpointing where the problem is. You can be a lion if you recover from mental illness, look at how happy and successful they are the people who recovered.

What I call a true mental illness is the people who are satisfied with life even though deep down their not and they are the ones I call undiagnozed mentally ill and I think it's the majority of the population or else explain why aren't you happy, why you competing against each other, why you trying harm people physically or verbally? your not fulfilled in life and need to vent it out rather then take the mental health route and fix yourself because you don't wanna be labelled a weirdo.

I warn all the girls, mentally ill person can be the best choice in your life as they will be stable if they recover and can help you grow also but it can also be a bad choice if they didn't recover and the other choice you have is to take the undiagnozed mentally ill who I call normal people who just do what others in life do and deep down their not happy or else their conduct and behaviors in life would represent their emotional state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts