How do you become wise??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nie

break the rules I'm an innocent fool
How??

Some people are really intelligent but they lack wisdom. Such waste of neurones :kanyehmm:

VixR

Veritas
Supposedly, experience.

But I'd argue that wisdom isn't a tangible thing. It's relative.

Speak to enough old people and you'll come to realize, disappointingly, there is no cumulative wisdom gained with age. That they're only knowledgeable relative to their own circumstances, and deliver completely different advise based on their set of experiences from developed biases on outcomes that will differ from person to person. That their advice comes from personal self-criticisms or personal gains based on how something went wrong that one time or something went right. That the image of the old wise elder is primarily one of fiction. That not much is fixed in life. Which is a depressing realization, bc we like things to be fixed, don't we?

There are ppl whom all they do is think and observe, philosophize. I think such ppl are useful as biographers and writers that contribute to human thought and canon, but rarely are they livers of life. They are hermits. They live in their minds. Perpetual observers. Are they truly wise though? What is wisdom that can't or isn't applied?

All I can hope is to better use whatever tools at my disposal to navigate my own life, and to learn from my mistakes and self-improve. I think that is a reasonable approach that strikes a balance. Claims to wisdom sound be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Nie

break the rules I'm an innocent fool
Supposedly, experience.

But I'd argue that wisdom isn't a tangible thing. It's relative.

Speak to enough old people and you'll come to realize, disappointingly, there is no cumulative wisdom gained with age

Exactly my thoughts. I also feel the same about experience. I think exeprience is like sitting in a lecture. You have to be engaged and also do some own studies in order to fully understand and apply the lesson. Lol yh some still manage to learn a lil without exercising much effort. They will prolly know more than someone who never attended the lecture, but not as much as the person who reaped the full benefit.

I wonder what factors contribute to wisdom:cosbyhmm: being humble? Calm and patience? Communicating with emotions? Keeping diary?

Oh I don't know :bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts