How Do We Tap Into Creativity/Imagination?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I want to find a technique so all Somalis can use approaching their different specialities and field. I don't want Somalis to join the 'majority' herd and don't value-add to their domain. So this is my only objective to share what I think would be useful. We must agree tho on some basic principles. Knowledge is great, U go from ignorant about something and you get the 'ahhh' that how it works or why, your brain reaches a stage of 'knowing' only.

When you go to university to do a bachelor, it doesn't matter if your HD distinction or Average Grade, it's just grading 'knowledge' of the people, not 'value add' which is at a higher level and more towards the 'research' aspects of knowledge domains in university. That's when you need to 'value add' not when your in a bachelor stage(that's competency) based only and u should deep learn. The bachelor stage just want 'competence and skills' for the various industries in their market, so their not as focused on 'research and development' competencies. They want a large supply of skilled labor 'hordes' to fill industry positions.

I want Somalis to be knowledgable but not to stop there. Please value add. It's easy to say this to people but it's pointless if you don't show them how that can be achieved, so that's why I opened this topic. The following techniques usually help to open up your imagination so u can apply it to your knowledge domain once u become 'competent'.

1. Open up the How/Why curosity of your knowledge domain. Deep learning not superficial/fast learning. After having experience, tap into imagination/creavity so it leads to wisdom.
2. Understand most things are grounded in 'theories' and 'practical'. Understand the 'philosophers' of your knowledge all the way back to ancients to tap into how they created the knowledge domain.
3. Look at art galleries and listen to people exchange what they 'see' so your brain starts to train itself to view it's topic thru more 'perspective' aspects.
4. Look 4 anomolies in humans not 'herds' or 'middle' ground. You want to exchange perspective with the 'dumb, smart' not the average. U want to exchange perspectives with mentally ill as their an anomoly to the 'mentally sane' who are the herds. U want to tap into poor ppl vs rich ppl not the middle as 1 has to be creative to survive and another to keep his wealth. As u can see with anomolies, you want the '1%' spectrum in all matters as they are anomolies.

You can 'access' Rich ppl on youtube. With Poor people engage them in real life as their not as easily accessible on youtube. You want the same with politicians even, the worst and the best. As the worst may be ahead of his time/peers, the best have people backing in his time. U just want to 'avoid' the status quo, middle type herds in any knowledge domain. For example when I travel, I dont travel to western countries, I won't learn any new perspective. I don't travel to Islamic countries either. I travel to something vastly 'opposite' to what I am exposed too so I can grow my 'perspective' brain.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
If you do not tap into your imagination/creativity, I am sorry but you will not innovate-invent-value add but will join the skilled labor horde and their will be nothing useful you contributed. That is what is difference between geniuess and the hordes is their imagination/creativity on their knowledge domain. Their no doubt about that. So we must discuss how we 'master' this part of our brain so we can have a Somali population who have gone beyond 'knowledge' aspect.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Plus always 'listen' more then U speak. U have two ears for 1 mouth.

Listen to people to 'accumulate' your thinking style so u can combine to your already thinking processes.

Some people are 'leaders', Some People are Designers, Some People are good with their hands and put things together, some are good at serving/presentation, u can see all this early on when their kids. They don't disappear, you will see it in their workplace approach or school learning approaches. That's why 99% are not leaders but all want to be leaders and it's just not there genetically cause once it's there coupled with knowledge, that's a brutal mix of success.

I already know I don't find joy or an aptitude to lead, nothing wrong with that, but do I love thinking, planning, strategy, taking clues and putting it together like orienteering, etc. It's just my aptitude, Im more suited to coaching, advisor, etc. U need to identify what your strength and enjoyment is, not trying to fit into something your not genetically gifted for.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Remember Somalis any subject you study in University has a philosopher founder. The structure follows like the 'tree of knowledge'. The root or stump is a philosopher, the branches are thinkers who contributed to it, Leaves are like different fields established. As you can see their plenty of 'thinkers' but very few 'philosophers'.

Their plenty of branches on a Tree, but only 1 tree root or stump and each knowledge domain follows the same principle. You must evaluate what you study if you even agree with the philosophical direction and if you do, contribute/value add, if you don't then re-examine the philosophy itself. The philosophy will set 'parameters and paradigm' for you in which way you must think and value add, if your don't agree with the philosophical direction, you must re-analyze that.

For example I believe every complex thing has simple roots, It has shifted my thinking on all topics following that manner in charles darwin evolution theory. Or everything has common origins and not independent origins because it's 1 world, 1 universe. So all my thinking processes follows that direction on every topic from tech, science, politics, maths, philosophy, religion, etc.

Those 'paradigm or parameters' won't change how I approach knowledge. You need to find out the philosophers of your fields also and study them deeply before you give your 'allegiance' or 'bayah' to value add towards their knowledge direction.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The knowledge u study should be always unified, rather then multiple different trees. Their should be one 'great' tree and everything else being branches. Thats my philosophical approach, common origins. Is it easy? no, does it mean I throw it away no, becuz the alternative doesn't fully capture knowledge.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The other thing Somalis need to do is go to all 'africa badiye' un-touched by modern civilization, learn their 'words' as they may have knowledge no language has. Australia is aggressively pursuing this with their 'warm up' to aborigines, but u know the 'whites' they will claim it as their own.

Plus u need to learn something important, we are all stuck in 'paradigm' ama 'parameters' set thru western or islamic views of the world, u need to 'drop' it completely, to see the world from different perspective and paradigm. This will 'explode' your creativity side of the brain. I mean don't study makavelli and apply it, only study it to see how 'europeans' leader operate.

Makaveli paradigm was 'roman' influenced, he simply couldn't see another 'paradigm', plus u can see western diplomacy is very 'low' in terms of it's result as they always use 'military', so why even have diplomats if they don't achieve 'co existence' with competing powers thru a relationship of ''equals' and outcomes based on 'win win', they simply can't achieve that because their stuck in makavelli 'paradigm'. So we must learn the 'art' of diplomacy from ppl like aborigines, 65000 year track record of survival and co-existence, after-all isn't that the 'outcome' you seek from 'diplomacy' how to 'co exist'? or do we learn it from the 'romans' who couldn't last 1000 years? or the caliphate who couldnt last beyond 1000 years?

It's time Somalis are 'equipped' with 'different' paradigms. That's why I told u any course u study, make sure u know who the philosopher origin is, big thinkers who contributed to the philosophy. Always remember they are 'telling' u which 'way' to think and study and contribute and your 'stuck' in their paradigm.

Visit Timbuktu in Mali to study their 'sciences' library if u know Arabic to only extract their 'paradigm' not the actual 'subject'. Infact if we 'extract' all the african languages it's the closest to 'pharoanic' and we can understand what their 'paradigm' was as we can interpret 1 million different ways because this is the uniqueness of afro-asiatic languages their 'poetic and indirect' as 1 word can have 1 million meanings and only someone who understands their 'paradigm' or cultural mindset can 'extract' that not someone with 'germanic' paradigm mindset.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Any country u visit also take it as a 'rule' to visit it's 'badiye' or 'rural' and 'extract' their 'perspective' to add to your 'creativity side' of the brain, u don't have to 'agree' your agenda is to 'expand' your 'paradigm' and 'perspectives' so when u approach your field, your fully 'equipped' not 'partially equipped' to value-add either in that 'direction' or maybe u can create a new 'paradigm' and revolutionize.

Try visiting 'badiye' as it's still more untouched compared to 'urban'. Try to visit places in complete 'contrast' to your 'already established paradigm' as u could be 'stuck forever' looping around in it with no 'result'. I want a Somalia that has brains that are all equipped with 'paradigm shifts' on all their topics.

[...]
When you go to university to do a bachelor, it doesn't matter if your HD distinction or Average Grade, it's just grading 'knowledge' of the people, not 'value add' which is at a higher level and more towards the 'research' aspects of knowledge domains in university.

I want Somalis to be knowledgable but not to stop there. Please value add.
'competent'.
curosity of your knowledge domain.
Delving into a subject matter of one's choosing past the initial knowledge retention is where seeking wisdom: that which meets the form of the 'good', begins, and comes into the equation, which is what you have highlighted. Hosanna mate! Now, how does one go about remediating the age old, infamous 'horse' and 'water' quandary.

Independence of thought and taste is crucial for creative work. Many people want to seem intellectual, so they set out to read all the well known works of the time, appreciate the well known and popular artworks of the time, etc.

Doing so will lead you to a path that many others are following since you will likely be influenced by the majority opinion. You'll try to solve the same kinds of problems everyone else is interested in.

That isn't to say you should be a contrarian all the time, but rather develop your own taste in things and problems. Otherwise, you'll be lead to the same place everyone else is going to.

Trending