how do people fast in hot climates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wallahi the past couple of Ramadan’s have been complete hell living in Arizona :noneck:

2 years ago it was a record 110 everyday and people were literally dying of heat strokes.

Today it’s 91 and it’s not even the afternoon yet :dead:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Sxb I know how you feel :friendhug::friendhug:spent the first week of Ramadan in Arizona two summers ago. The heat was crazy.

Texas summers are crazy hot but you deal with worse.
Heat. Past couple of summers my car ac was messing up. Terrible time. Right now the average temperature this week is going to be in the 90s.

I just stay in doors for a majority of the day.

I’m happy that it’s not happening in July though or August. The heat during that time of year is crazy hot.

You can cook eggs on Arizona concrete.

Sxb after that week I literally banned Arizona off the list of states I was considering moving too. I would suggest you move.

It’s 94 degrees at 1pm right now

Sxb I know how you feel :friendhug::friendhug:spent the first week of Ramadan in Arizona two summers ago. The heat was crazy.

Texas summers are crazy hot but you deal with worse.
Heat. Past couple of summers my car ac was messing up. Terrible time. Right now the average temperature this week is going to be in the 90s.

I just stay in doors for a majority of the day.

I’m happy that it’s not happening in July though or August. The heat during that time of year is crazy hot.

You can cook eggs on Arizona concrete.

Sxb after that week I literally banned Arizona off the list of states I was considering moving too. I would suggest you move.

It’s 94 degrees at 1pm right now

OH MY GOD. You remember that summer! I ain’t gonna lie I had to make up so many days after Ramadan because the heat was too much.

I fainted at work :wowsweat:

Already knowing Texas is just as bad. Now I’m looking at folks in Saudi and those type of climates like how???

OH MY GOD. You remember that summer! I ain’t gonna lie I had to make up so many days after Ramadan because the heat was too much.

Already knowing Texas is just as bad. Now I’m looking at folks in Saudi and those type of climates like how???
People in Saudi Arabia told me that they usually sleep it off. They sleep until Dhuhr and then they usually sleep after and they stay away from walking in the heat too much.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019

I know in the ME they just stay mostly inside their homes and in business with the AC on full blast.

In Somalia specifically from bosaso I just learned that the heat becomes unbearable there so people lack there stuff and travel to another town where there are cooler temps. Found out about this from an Instagramer who takes pictures of Somalia.

What is making you stay in Arizona? I would have left that place as soon as possible once I got my degree. Texas is my last resort option once I finish school. Considering Washington, Oregon, or California

People in Saudi Arabia told me that they usually sleep it off. They sleep until Dhuhr and then they usually sleep after and they stay away from walking in the heat too much.
Also people over there have ACs in their homes too

I thought it was bad to sleep the whole day as it ruined the point of fasting? That’s what our imaan says lmao

I know in the ME they just stay mostly inside their homes and in business with the AC on full blast.

In Somalia specifically from bosaso I just learned that the heat becomes unbearable there so people lack there stuff and travel to another town where there are cooler temps. Found out about this from an Instagramer who takes pictures of Somalia.

What is making you stay in Arizona? I would have left that place as soon as possible once I got my degree. Texas is my last resort option once I finish school. Considering Washington, Oregon, or California

Yeah when was in Mogadishu for the first time it was tolerable because the proximity to the ocean.

And I stay in Arizona to stay close to my parents in case they need my help. I plan on moving out of state once they retire to Africa which is in 2020.

I thought it was bad to sleep the whole day as it ruined the point of fasting? That’s what our imaan says lmao
They have ACs aswell though. But the heat there is extreme though. If you try to function like you would in Minnesota you could easily faint because of the heat.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Lol in the middle east they get shorter days since the ruling party is muslim so they get work/ school off early and when I had ramadhan there they hardly go out in the sun. Plus their hours are way shorter than im used to. Their life is home with AC to car with AC to building with AC you'd forget the temperature there that it's really that hot. Eveyone just comes and eats and shops at night the mid day is empty only crays go out mid day in the heat

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
wallahi the past couple of Ramadan’s have been complete hell living in Arizona :noneck:

2 years ago it was a record 110 everyday and people were literally dying of heat strokes.

Today it’s 91 and it’s not even the afternoon yet :dead:

I know I might be off the topic but is there plenty of Somalis living in Arizona state? I mean I have relatives who live there, well two families I know that are close to my father side.

Plus, which part of Arizona do you live in?

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
i fasted last year in jeddah, its true folks sleep all day and wake couple of hours before afuur. The heat is something else subxanallah

I know I might be off the topic but is there plenty of Somalis living in Arizona state? I mean I have relatives who live there, well two families I know that are close to my father side.

Plus, which part of Arizona do you live in?

We’re a small community and centered in Phoenix area. Most are middle class and educated, since most refugees end up moving to MN or WA to be with other Somalis.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
We’re a small community and centered in Phoenix area. Most are middle class and educated, since most refugees end up moving to MN or WA to be with other Somalis.
Yea I had some cousins that lived there for like 3 months once they arrived to America. That’s why I was there. As soon as they had money they straight moved to Minnesota.

I can’t see any Somali living there unless they were getting paid well or found a good home

Yea I had some cousins that lived there for like 3 months once they arrived to America. That’s why I was there. As soon as they had money they straight moved to Minnesota.

I can’t see any Somali living there unless they were getting paid well or found a good home

Yeah the average house is so beautiful

17C4801F-3650-4C52-8374-006334366502.jpeg

:jcoleno:

hows Texas like fam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending