How did the Portuguese defeat us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We defeated those caadans many times until we went on the offensiv and now they are trying to tell us a 100-200 men defeated us in our captial, where is the logic? :noneck:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Someone just edited Wikipedia, you can tell it was some butthurt Portuguese revisionist. Just revert it back to the original page.

The battle of Benadir was the Portuguese invasion against Mogadishu and they were defeated by the Ajurans.

9X5FO1N9Tmmksx0pUPCsRQ.png

Military tactics and technology, the Tercio military formation and tactics of Spain and Portugal humiliated huge empires all throughout the 16th century, from the French and Ottomans to the Mughals. The Tercio was never defeated, it eventually became obsolete due to technological innovations in firearms and the Spanish adopted linear armies like everyone else in the 18th century.

The Spanish and Portuguese were not defeatable in the 16th and 17th centuries except with overwhelming odds.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Military tactics and technology, the Tercio military formation and tactics of Spain and Portugal humiliated huge empires all throughout the 16th century, from the French and Ottomans to the Mughals. The Tercio was never defeated, it eventually became obsolete due to technological innovations in firearms and the Spanish adopted linear armies like everyone else in the 18th century.

The Spanish and Portuguese were not defeatable in the 16th and 17th centuries except with overwhelming odds.

James, someone just recently edited the Wikipedia page and it'll be reverted back.

João de Sepúvelda expedition against Mogadishu came as a failure. I'm sure you know that too?

Plus, the Ajurans were well equipped with advanced weapons thanks to their close ally who were the Ottomans.

James, someone just recently edited the Wikipedia page and it'll be reverted back.

João de Sepúvelda expedition against Mogadishu came as a failure. I'm sure you know that too?

Plus, the Ajurans were well equipped with advanced weapons thanks to their close ally who were the Ottomans.

You can't blame him. he didn't want his grand kids knowing that they got their ass handed to them by nomads. It's like persians saying they could have conquered the horn, when cambeses couldn't even get past sudan and his own men panicked and started eating each other.

Isn't Wiki great! Just get Factz to move it around for you.

I just noticed the Wiki link for the Battle of the Banaadir shows the fortress of Sofala. Small island, no gold.
:O27GWRK:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Benadir

220px-Braun_Sofala_UBHD.jpg

Portuguese fortress of Sofala

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Isn't Wiki great! Just get Factz to move it around for you.

I just notice the Wiki link for the Battle of the Banaadir shows the fortress of Sofala. Small island, no gold.
:O27GWRK:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Benadir

220px-Braun_Sofala_UBHD.jpg

Portuguese fortress of Sofala

This is the original page. Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Battle_of_Benadir&oldid=831484951

I haven't edited anything yet. There are other Somali Wikipedia users who will fix that so I'm not really bothered.

Holy shit sir,you are persistent

Sadly, it's the only game in town. Dude can't follow an argument so he thinks the last post wins. He doesn't get embarrassed when you prove he's lied or falsified documents, so you have to hit him again and again for anything to sink in. But hopefully, he is learning it can be dangerous to falsify historical links that can come back to bite. Some people can read.

What the Dude and friends have done to Wiki is a major disservice to the Somali people that will eventually turn into a national embarrassment. I am personally appalled. Both Dadka and the scholarly community deserve better.

Check the histories of the Ottoman-Portuguese wars. The Ajuraan aren't even mentioned. They were an interior organization with no coastal presence. They had no ships. The eventual winners of these wars were the Omanis, which is why they had "nominal" control of the coast and were able to turn "nominal" into "real" with the building of the Garessa in Mog in 1870. One untrue quotation doesn't change this.

Perhaps you should read up on the Ajuraan and the Muzzaffar?

https://operationoverload.wordpress.com/?s=The+Muzzaffar

A Concise History of Mogadishu may also be helpful.

https://operationoverload.wordpress.com/2009/02/24/a-concise-history-of-mogadishu/

Mogadishu_marketplace_1882.jpg

The picture above is the marketplace in Mogadishu in 1882.

<!–[if !supportFootnotes]–>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts