How can we still call ourselves Somalis after this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huur

Huur = Horus
Camel Milk industry is recently becoming popular and Somalia produces the highest amount of Camel Milk. But it can't be exported because we don't have proper facilities [Link].

"The name "Somali" is, in turn, held to be derived from the words soo and maal, which together mean "go and milk" — a reference to the ubiquitous pastoralism of the Somali people." [Link]

U.A.E has recently got into the Camel milk trend and is expected to dominate this market.

Australia with its relatively small camel population are also getting into this industry.

In Australia 1 Litre of Camel Milk can cost up to $20-30

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
how much does it cost to by 2 camels in Somalia,so i can breed them and carry out the legacy of my ancestors

Huur

Huur = Horus
how much does it cost to by 2 camels in Somalia,so i can breed them and carry out the legacy of my ancestors

Around $600-$1200

Here's what I found online,

"A camel can cost anything from 300 to 1000 dollars depending on its age, strength, and of course the buyer’s ability to haggle. All camels have been marked with the owner’s special sign to avoid any conflicts about ownership."

http://gadling.com/2010/05/14/exploring-a-somali-camel-market/

Huur

Huur = Horus
Somali comes from the name Samaale, not from the verb Soo Maal.

Here's the longer quote:

"Samaale, the oldest common ancestor of several Somali clans, is generally regarded as the source of the ethnonym Somali. The name "Somali" is, in turn, held to be derived from the words soo and maal, which together mean "go and milk" — a reference to the ubiquitous pastoralism of the Somali people."

There's huge potential in Somalia to create businesses that sell camel products. Its a shame though that most diaspora Somalis have limited vision and behave like sheep when they return to Somalia to only invest their savings by opening restaurants and hotels.

:snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.