Homelessness is now illegal in this state…

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka

The law, which goes into effect Jan. 1, 2023, makes it a felony to sleep on state-owned land, such as under highway overpasses and bridges. After one warning, anyone found illegally camping on state-owned land could face a $750 fine or a Class C misdemeanor charge punishable by up to 15 days in prison.

The measure also bars cities and organizations from using state and federal grants to build permanent housing for the unsheltered. Rather, that money must be directed to build temporary camps
:russ::russ:
California, Washington, and Georgia need to follow suit.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I think this can't become law if you see it logically. A homeless can't find a house either for financial reasons or criminal record, which make these ppl automatically criminals, and this law prohibits cities from building houses for these ppl. It is illogical or those who wrote it cunts who wants to make some profit.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
So what happens if they can't pay their fine, are they gonna get arrested? They'd be doing them a favour. Roof over their head, 3 meals a day, clean pair of clothes :mjlol:

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
Any fellow reer Kansas City enjoying this dub 1647292808936s.jpg

Still better than some European countries. I watched a homeless man get refused entry to a shelter while the police literally stood by and followed him around a full minute to pick him up and take him to jail.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
its a smart law to make homeless vagabonds fill the prison and enhance the prison industry profits. Which i agree with, because most of them are mentally ill, and prison will give them structure

Trending