Historical TV series Magnificent Century

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
muhtesem_yuzyil_magnificient_century-1280x720.jpg

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
This show mocks the actual character if suleiman the magnificent it's basically slanderous and just pure drama not historically accurate at all
How so? Also, aren't most of these shows meant to be dramatic and distort history to make it more appealing to viewers?

How so? Also, aren't most of these shows meant to be dramatic and distort history to make it more appealing to viewers?
Well I said that for anyone who was going into this expecting an accurate representation. I believe the ertugul one actually was going for historic accuracy. And there is a difference between making things less realistic to make it more fun or dramatic but outright missrepresenting someone and portraying them in a completely different light is what this show does

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Well I said that for anyone who was going into this expecting an accurate representation. I believe the ertugul one actually was going for historic accuracy
Oh, I didn't mean that as an attack. Apologies if I came off like that. Anyway, you're right about that. There are many more historically accurate shows, but people often find them a slog.

Oh, I didn't mean that as an attack. Apologies if I came off like that. Anyway, you're right about that. There are many more historically accurate shows, but people often find them a slog.
Oh no I didn't take it as an attack lol. Its just that I like history and my mother used to watch that show and his portrayal came off as a misrepresentation of who he actually was as a person according to history. Plus the show looked really boring it mainly revolved around his harem and there beef and random gay eunuchs who were taking sides amongst the women in there beef to be the sultana.

Trending

Latest posts