Himyarite kingdom, Najran Massacre + annexation of Himyar by Aksumites (Byzantium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventually the Aksumites would be kicked out from Yemen, their original homeland :russ: by the Sassanids in a couple of decades later. To which they were too defeated by the Arabs a couple of decades later and the mighty persians have yet to recover till this day.

Khosrau_I_Textile.jpg
- Persian- Abyssinian wars

1911-004-4DF7C7A2.jpg
- Khosrow I kicked out the Habesha
Surat al fil describes the pathetic attempt by an abysinnian subject who seeked to destroy the ka'aba

Total war atilla lets you play as the 4 aforementioned factions (Himyar, Aksum, Byzantium/eastern roman empire and Sassanians).

@Canuck here are some interesting videos the channel has made on other ancient kingdoms/civilizations.

Last edited:
I've seen all his videos, it explains it in great detail but I must admit I was shocked when he was talking about the language. Why did himyar evolve so closely to Arabic that at the time of the prophet, they were able to understand most of it, yet across the red sea, ge'ez changed dramatically?

Good post by the way @SultanuuFicaan

I've seen all his videos, it explains it in great detail but I must admit I was shocked when he was talking about the language. Why did himyar evolve so closely to Arabic that at the time of the prophet, they were able to understand most of it, yet across the red sea, ge'ez changed dramatically?

Good post by the way @SultanuuFicaan
Himyar hasnt been classed yet, its not part of old south arabian according to this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himyaritic_language

It is much newer than sabaean too i believe

Oh, I assumed it because they use the south Arabian script, and were surrounded by southern Arabian kingdoms. My bad
Urdu uses arabic script :manny:
They have one himyar sentence on that wikipedia link so maybe arabic speaker will compare for you and mr no username the similarity for your question

Join the club lol

But Mr xigi can read old south Arabian so he can tell us what it says, right Mr xigi?
I mean there is a sentence on wikipedia, check it it is translated and written in latin so ask mr no username to write in his, because of your claim the languages changed
And also an arabic comparison if you can speak it

I mean like that kkk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts