Hijab ?

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I use to hear from my friends (East Asians ) that women above a certain age do not have to wear hijab. I just thought about it today and decided to look into it. I found this:

And those old women who have no hope for marriage, there is no sin on them, if they take off their (extra) clothes while they do not display their adornment. Still, that they refrain (even from this) is better for them. Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing. (Quran 24:60)

From what I read, this means that women over menopause do not have to wear hijab any more, as long as they dress modestly. Is this accurate?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I use to hear from my friends (East Asians ) that women above a certain age do not have to wear hijab. I just thought about it today and decided to look into it. I found this:

And those old women who have no hope for marriage, there is no sin on them, if they take off their (extra) clothes while they do not display their adornment. Still, that they refrain (even from this) is better for them. Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing. (Quran 24:60)

From what I read, this means that women over menopause do not have to wear hijab any more, as long as they dress modestly. Is this accurate?
Yes, according to this, but some say otherwise, like let's take wahhabbis as an example, they do not approve of this, nor reccomend or encourage it

Trending

Latest posts