Hiiraan Liberation Group Spokesperson: "Somaliland is AlShabaab!!"

I’ve noticed less explosions in Xamar since the start of Laascanood war

I don't think they founded AlShabab, but I'm 100% sure they are in a deal that is mutually beneficial for the two, that includes funding of some sort. As long as South Somalia is in chaos, they think they will look good by comparison and that it strengthens their bid for independence.
It's also why they're angry that Puntland is implementing one-man, one-vote. Their entire existence hinges on acting superior, but the house of terrorist cards is collapsing and it's about time.

I don't think they founded AlShabab, but I'm 100% sure they are in a deal that is mutually beneficial for the two, that includes funding of some sort. As long as South Somalia is in chaos, they think they will look good by comparison and that it strengthens their bid for independence.
It's also why they're angry that Puntland is implementing one-man, one-vote. Their entire existence hinges on acting superior, but the house of terrorist cards is collapsing and it's about time.
It’s obvious they were not the founders because Shabaab are the remnants of the ICU/Maxaakim that were ousted. I do agree they have at least some sort of deal to keep south Somalia in chaos and keep the somali govt weak enough to not have influence in Northern territories.

Trending

Latest posts