HEADSCARF/HIJAB ??? YAH OR NAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't be get Somalis.

I have seen 5 year old Somali girls wearing hijab. It doesn't make any sense. Not even Arabs wear hijab most of the time.
yeeees, when i was in sl all the little girsl wore this ugly long one colour jilbabs, when i say little girl i mean like two year olds:mindblown:
worst thing is when fobs bring their kids to playgrounds dressed like that...

For me personally it takes away so much natural beauty in a woman, it therefore serves its purpose as a pillar of modesty. I did hate it as an ex muslim for some time. Be as it may I do not view it as a travesty anymore, but a manifestation of submission to a higher being. It takes away the beauty of aestheticism but adds beauty to the soul of a believer. :it0tdo8:

I want to start wearing a hijab next year, but more likely over 6 months or something

Where do you guys buy nice (fashionable) scarfs?

I went through a phase in my teens when I didn't wear it but Alhamdulillah I started wearing it again and never looked back.

I wear the hijab full-time. I have been wearing it for so long that I can't imagine taking it off. Alhamdulilah, I never went through the phase of wanting to remove it. But, hijab is more than just clothing. It is your demeanour, speech etc. I keep that in mind at all times when I am outside.

The hijab is not an Islamic requirement. That's a myth. The Quran says women should cover their chest, not their head. Nowhere does it use the word "hijab" to mean head covering. The word just means partition. The headdress was an Arab custom both for men and women. Men wore turbans and women wore khimars. It was a pre-Islamic dresscode that was carried over into the deen. The Arab enemies of the prophet wore khamees and turbans no less than Muslims.
Yet these Arab customs are now associated with Islam. I'm surprised that camels are not also considered holy.

Our women did not wear it when they were nomads or during the reign of Siyad Barre. It is banned in a number of Muslim countries. It should be discarded. Saudi imperialism has ruined our culture.
If you don't want to wear hijab go ahead but don't change the religion Because you don't like one aspect of it

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
The hijab is not an Islamic requirement. That's a myth. The Quran says women should cover their chest, not their head. Nowhere does it use the word "hijab" to mean head covering. The word just means partition. The headdress was an Arab custom both for men and women. Men wore turbans and women wore khimars. It was a pre-Islamic dresscode that was carried over into the deen. The Arab enemies of the prophet wore khamees and turbans no less than Muslims.
Yet these Arab customs are now associated with Islam. I'm surprised that camels are not also considered holy.

Our women did not wear it when they were nomads or during the reign of Siyad Barre. It is banned in a number of Muslim countries. It should be discarded. Saudi imperialism has ruined our culture.

Actually this is wrong, you are only partly right about the khimars that women wore back then before Islam came down.
At the time they wore khimars, that covered their heads, like Christian women of the time did. But it covered their head but then trailed their back, exposing their neck and chest area. Allah then commanded that they make their khimar not only cover their head but also the rest of their chest/neck, etc. Thus this is where the khimar becomes a hijab.

Here is the ayat where Allah first decrees the hijab, in Surah Nuur, ayat 31. The highlighted word (be-Khumiri-hina)is possessive form of word Khimaar, Somali equivalent of Qamaar/headcover.

HpXqyLZ.jpg

31.And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
Full-time Alhamdulilaah. I think almost every Muslim girl living in the West had these negative thoughts about the hijab... If not, good for them maa shaa Allah. Eventually it's a command of Allah and we will be rewarded for it. Cut the crap of the hijab not being an Islamic requirement, that's when your heart is blind and you think with your ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts