Has Grant been Spotted Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grant, if you visit SS, let me know as I have questions about waterproofing foundations and identifying the root causes of water getting into basement. Thanks!

Q

Queen Carawelo

Is he really Cadaan? I always thought he was a nerdy Somali pretending to be white.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
He really is Cadaan. Don't you guys know that I found the people he use to kick it with in jilib here in Columbus. I put them in contact

Idol, he was well-versed into Somali issues. He also had a good grasp on how to build and fix around the house.
We definitely need to recruit him here as well.

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
I think he went to Somalia as part of the American peace corps in the 60s.

51MP1AK4YBL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This little book was written by lady name Jeanne or Jin as locals called her. She was a Peace Corps volunteer based in town named Arabsiyo in Northern Somalia.

Grant, if you visit SS, let me know as I have questions about waterproofing foundations and identifying the root causes of water getting into basement. Thanks!

bro u should of asked me im a plumber anyways this isn't a easy task but ill try anyways

Have you checked your gutters?
is there cracks on the wall?
Clogged gutters cause water to buildup in a certain spot. water will overflow and pour down the side of the house then it leads at the basement level. Since water always flows down.

Honestly no one can help without actually seeing leakage since it maybe like 10 different things causing it, in my experience it was clogged gutters(easy fix) and a shitty roof drainage system that caused it most of the time. Also water from the storm drain being overloaded and it making its way to the basment floor drain.
If your planning to diy send pics of the basement,source of leakage if you can find it, outside soil because you may have to dig up till you reach the foundation and install a thing called a down sprout. Also it maybe that your house is completely waterproof but the roofing is whats causing the leakage.

So many possibilities bro its impossible to know of the top, theres alot of causes advice is get a professional that does waterproofing and roof plumbing.

Its abit expensive depending on its interior or external prob. Also shop around call up and get quotes from atleast 10 different places first.

Bro Halftime, thanks for the information. I cleaned my gutters last year and installed gutter guard afterwards. My house is also a higher elevation, so water from outside should have run-off away from the house.

We did not see the leak again but the day we saw the leak, it was one of the days it rained very heavily in this town.

I will dig more about the down sprout. Additionally, my goal of fixing it is I want to do it by myself. I am tired of these contractors charging amount of money and then not doing a good job.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending