has anyone here ever been genuinely inspired by self help books/motivationals?

I know people read those books and get some temporary boost in confidence, but have ever learned something you didn't know, implemented into your life and saw real change?

No. Most of it is common sense. Google what you want for free and you can find it. These books serve to make you feel better and that’s it.
I think so too. it seems to trick mostly gullible people, the kind that think they'll get rich on MLM because they will "attract" wealth with positive affirmations

Useless books which waste your time by making you feel better and is common-sense.

Discipline is all you need, motivation is temporary there is no cheat-code in life so eat healthy and sleep early to keep your mental and physical body in check.

I know people read those books and get some temporary boost in confidence, but have ever learned something you didn't know, implemented into your life and saw real change?
I think people would be better served if they focused on their health with good diet and good sleep schedule plus meditation. Once your health is in good your motivation and drive will be good as well. Maybe I should make a thread on this and I eat daily.

Everybody read the prince. Even i still have it to this day despite wanting no career in politics.

You can apply the rules in any organization..do you know this book was the Mafia #1 handbook..
I dont agree with alot of fuckery in it..but to an extent it describes how to deal with alot of people

You can apply the rules in any organization..do you know this book was the Mafia #1 handbook..
I dont agree with alot of fuckery in it..but to an extent it describes how to deal with alot of people
Bill Clinton read it everyday during his presidency and still got impeached. It is useful but only if you can use it.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
Like @Destiny said it's mostly common sense but I have been inspired by historical books/events/figures. Learning history is a hobby so it's not for everyone.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Most of these self help books are bs.
The award for the biggest cap goes to Law of attraction. Book example: Think and Grow Rich. Pure mental masturbation aka disguised as scientific practicality, talking about quantum physics and dummies are eating this up religiously.
These enlightened dimwits wanna call us ignorant yet everyone's sees how lost in the sauce they are.

If you're naturally obsessed with a topic, disciplined and dedicated to get better with your craft, in due time you get yours.
Wishing for shit to come to your lap by BELIEVING for it to come is straight waali.

If that shit worked, Somalia would be a paradise since time ago.

Trending