Hargeisa/Borama Land Prices During COVID

How’s the market during/post COVID?

I'm planning to visit Hargeisa/Borama (among other places) this fall and curious about land prices. Have prices gone up or down in the last year? Is the market slow? I imagine fewer travellers thus less money coming into the market, suppressing prices a bit. Is that assumption correct?
I'm particularly interested in larger plots - 90m x 48m (blocks) in West Hargeisa and Masalaha. It will be a first visit to Borama but open to investing there too. Any advice welcome!

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
You should invest in Borama (First mover advantage). I think it will be the third capital of Somalis behind Hargeisa and Mogadishu. It is located in a strategic place. Basically we got Hargeisa, Djibouti and Jigjiga within 2 hours drive when they built that Borama corridor pretty soon. Ideally Borama will boost as long as Hargeisa, Djibouti and Jigjiga is booming.

^^I completely agree. I envision the The Horn of Africa rail network currently connecting Djibouti and Ethiopia to in future include Borama, Berbera, Hargeisa and Jijiga. See video below.

Right now, passenger travel is possible from Djibouti City to Dire Dawa and then to Addis - amazing. I think that could supercharge investment, migration and facilitate business. This is the perfect time to invest prior to these projects coming to fruition.

Borama needs much more investment to meet its true potential - inshallah that will come soon. Thus my interest in buying some property there.

And of course, Jijiga is already receiving high investment, have opened a newer airport and have great roads/highways. I see an amazing future there too.

Trending

Latest posts