Hadith on wifes permission for second marriage

Qeelbax

The Greatest of Mankind (after the prophets 🤠)
I’ve seen men in comment sections stating that they can get second wife regardless of the first wifes opinion but I suddenly came across a hadith regarding this.

Al-Miswar ibn Makhramah reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, say upon the pulpit, “Verily, the sons of Hisham ibn al-Mughirah have sought my permission to marry their daughters to Ali ibn Abi Talib. I do not give permission, again I do not give permission, and again I do not give permission unless Ali ibn Abi Talib intends to divorce my daughter and marry their daughters. Verily, she is only a part of me. I am upset by what upsets her, and I am harmed by what harms her.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 4932, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2449

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

Looks like it’s another dub for the “no sister wives” team 😎

Qeelbax

The Greatest of Mankind (after the prophets 🤠)
Oh yes I found another for the men that say women can not put one wife only in their marriage contract:
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

Ibn Qudamah said, “When he marries her and accepts her condition that she would not be taken out of her house or her country, then she is entitled to her condition… If he marries her and accepts her condition that he will not marry another wife, then she is entitled to separate from him if he marries another wife.”

Source: al-Mughnī 6/304

All sahih!

Periplus

SYL supporter
VIP
The surah that allows multiple wives says if one fears injustice, they shouldn’t.

It also goes on to say that we will be unjust.

Yet people still risk dembi for another wife.

They hide this from women for their own gains but at the end of the day you just have to see the state of Muslims in the modern world and see non of this benefit anyone but the men and even they look unintelligent amongst fellow men, not to mention what they’ll say later to Allah to explain their irresponsibility.

The reality is that the majority of the major scholars will say that hadith pretains soley for Fatima as she is the daughter of the Prophet s.a.w. Therefore, since Allah has given men who can fulfill the conditions of polygamy permission, the husband does not need the wife's permission. Lets be real, polygamy would be non existant if a wife's permission needed to be sought. However, in saying that women can put in a no polygamy clause, which gives them instant divorce rights if the husband marries again.

But one thing I really want to know is, as a man why would you subject your spouse to something you know would cause emotion turmoil upon your wife? I've seen women's mental health decline after men have married another woman without discussing it before hand. To simply put it, those men do not value their wives happiness or mental wellbeing.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1635687161605.png

Trending