Habar Jeclo Y-DNA

Penguin

Lapsed anti-qabiilist
I recently matched with a Habar Jeclo brother in the FTDNA database. We both belong to Haplogroup T-M70. If any of you were wondering, i'm Habar Yoonis. Just thought i'd share this piece of info with Jaamacatu DNA. Also , i have a su'aal , does anybody know of other Habar jeclo Y-DNA results? , if yes , please share.

Since the brother didn't make his results public , out of privacy and respect i'm not going to divulge his Name or Kit Number. Here's a screenshot of His qabil and results.

JXRm8
[/IMG]

Apollo

Staff Member
I have seen Habar Jeclos on 23andMe with E-V32. If they have both T-M70 and E-V32 it seems like their sub-clan is a confederation and not a real clan.

Penguin

Lapsed anti-qabiilist
Yes , it seems like that. The Habar Awal also look to be a confedaration if the reported Ts are true. Garxajis are unique in this respect , their results are very consistent so far , nothing but T-M70. They might be a real clan , but induction is flawed and a black swan could turned up anytime lol.

Apollo

Staff Member
Yes , it seems like that. The Habar Awal also look to be a confedaration if the reported Ts are true. Garxajis are unique in this respect , their results are very consistent so far , nothing but T-M70. They might be a real clan , but induction is flawed and a black swan could turned up anytime lol.

Even having the same haplogroup is no guarantee of the clan being real. You could have the same haplo but belong to lineages that split over 3,000 years ago. Only that expensive Big Y test can confirm clans.

Penguin

Lapsed anti-qabiilist
You're right , there's no guarantee. But our MRCA would at the very most have lived 2000 years ago according to estimates done by geneticists. I'm guessing that's were all Somali T lineages converge.

I recently matched with a Habar Jeclo brother in the FTDNA database. We both belong to Haplogroup T-M70. If any of you were wondering, i'm Habar Yoonis. Just thought i'd share this piece of info with Jaamacatu DNA. Also , i have a su'aal , does anybody know of other Habar jeclo Y-DNA results? , if yes , please share.

Since the brother didn't make his results public , out of privacy and respect i'm not going to divulge his Name or Kit Number. Here's a screenshot of His qabil and results.

JXRm8
[/IMG]

He is Solomadow, interesting. A Solomadow Somnet member's relative also got haplogroup T. Another M.Abokor by the name of Kiddmo shared his haplogroup T results on Somnet but did not disclose his subclan. If the Cabdulles are haplogroup T, logic would dictate that other closely related M.Abokor sub sub subclans are also haplogroup T.

Apollo

Staff Member
He is Solomadow, interesting. A Solomadow Somnet member's relative also got haplogroup T. Another M.Abokor by the name of Kiddmo shared his haplogroup T results on Somnet but did not disclose his subclan. If the Cabdulles are haplogroup T, logic would dictate that other closely related M.Abokor sub sub subclans are also haplogroup T.

How do you know all these ooga booga Isaaq sub-clan names as a Somalian Dir?

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
I have seen Habar Jeclos on 23andMe with E-V32. If they have both T-M70 and E-V32 it seems like their sub-clan is a confederation and not a real clan.
Garxajis(Habar yoonis and ciidagale) mostly seem to test postivie for haplogroup T whereas the other isaaq sub clans mostly get e1b1b1b like the rest of somalis

Last edited:
You're right , there's no guarantee. But our MRCA would at the very most have lived 2000 years ago

to estimates done by geneticists. I'm guessing that's were all Somali T lineages converge.

Not necessarily. Only those that share the same subclade. Northern clans that are haplogroup T rich share a common lineage by the looks of it.

How do you know all these ooga booga Isaaq sub-clan names as a Somalian Dir?

They are my maternal kin, and distant paternal relatives too depending on who you ask.:icon lol:

Garxajis(Habar yoonis and ciidagale) always seem to test postivie for haplogroup T whereas the other isaaq sub clans get e1b1b1b like the rest of somalis

Wrong.

The falsehood that the Garxajis are the only Isaaq haplogroup T subclan has been spread by those with little understanding of the concept of a representative sample. Have you seen Arab, Toljeclo test results etc.? Only a relatively reasonable number of Habar Yonis and Abokoor Isaaq Sacad Muuses have been tested. Nonetheless, one should also be cautious when it comes to Garxajis and Habar Awal too. The only thing these results tell us so far is that the Isaaq clan is a mixture of haplogroup T and E-V32.

Mathias Erschen
Born in Heil, Prussia on 24 Dec 1829. Mathias married Caroline Miller and had 10 children. He passed away on 10 Aug 1896.

When people submit a DNA sample to FTDNA, there is no requirement to give one's real name hence why you have creative aliases such as the one above. That individual has been matched with the Habar Jeclo and Habar Yoonis individuals because they share a very distant common paternal ancestor. They all most likely belong to the same subclade.

Apollo

Staff Member
When people submit a DNA sample to FTDNA, there is no requirement to give one's real name hence why you have creative aliases such as the one above. That individual has been matched with the Habar Jeclo and Habar Yoonis individuals because they share a very distant common paternal ancestor. They all most likely belong to the same subclade.

12 STR matches can be totally unrelated from different sub-clades. It's just a lottery, doesn't mean same origin.

12 STR matches can be totally unrelated from different sub-clades. It's just a lottery, doesn't mean same origin.

I agree, they are guessing. A Full Y test would definitely identify a common subclade. However, the 100+ STR test can give one an idea?

Apollo

Staff Member
I agree, they are guessing. A Full Y test would definitely identify a common subclade. However, the 100+ STR test can give one an idea?

I think STRs are sketchy overall, but since they are cheap to test they are currently the most used method.

Trending