• This website is being maintained/upgraded and may have some downtime or errors.

Growing up I never knew what I wanted to do

Afrique

Staff Member
I remember sitting with my best friend at the time and we were like maybe we should be journalists? Or Generals? Or Fashion designers? Or Astronauts? Or TV presenters? Or Businesswomen? Or politicians?

I was always good at everything I put my hand to and could never decide. Then as you grow up the road narrows and before you know it you are already on a path to something specific.

But honestly, I think a could have been any of those things. Anyone else like this?

Yeah I can relate to this hard.

Alx I felt like I had all the options in the world as to what I wanted to be, and that made the choice itself very hard.

I work with computers but every now and then I will think what it I went for the Pharm.D instead...

But what is written is what it is written.

I'm still young and i'm going through this
most people knew what they wanted in their earlier years of high school and even younger, but i never knew what i wanted to be
i only managed to narrow down the search a year ago and even then, i was still uncertain
even though i've picked out my major, it's not something i'm passionate about and i keep wondering about my options and all the other majors i could go into

psyche

To each their own
I'm still young and i'm going through this
most people knew what they wanted in their earlier years of high school and even younger, but i never knew what i wanted to be
i only managed to narrow down the search a year ago and even then, i was still uncertain
even though i've picked out my major, it's not something i'm passionate about and i keep wondering about my options and all the other majors i could go into
Yeah I would relate to this a year ago so much.

I was considered the gifted child in my family and would constantly achieve the top scores in all my subjects so my options were were pretty open since the beginning.

But I eventually settled to become a doctor because of my love for science and mostly because of my parents desire to have a son as a doctor.

One thing that I always like to keep in mind is that you can always change your mind midway. It's never to late to do anything until you are in your deathbed.

Yeah I would relate to this a year ago so much.

I was considered the gifted child in my family and would constantly achieve the top scores in all my subjects so my options were were pretty open since the beginning.

But I eventually settled to become a doctor because of my love for science and mostly because of my parents desire to have a son as a doctor.

One thing that I always like to keep in mind is that you can always change your mind midway. It's never to late to do anything until you are in your deathbed.
you're right about changing plans any time since no one should be stuck with a career they don't want to stay with
i also get good grades and have many options open
i wanted to be a sonographer, but i settled for IT cause of my parent's wishes and its convenience and i'm okay with it

Thats my dilemma right now, i dont know what to do. Ive had plans to be a chef and open a restaurant but parents have been nagging me to do nursing because they believe being a nurse is a secure job with good pay.

Ive been praying istakara, im just waiting for signs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yes actually I wish I had gone into medicine I really underestimated how good I would become in school and I feel I could’ve been a GP or anesthesiologist. Calamari though wasn’t meant to be.

The Smooth-Operator

Abdisamad
VIP
Thats my dilemma right now, i dont know what to do. Ive had plans to be a chef and open a restaurant but parents have been nagging me to do nursing because they believe being a nurse is a secure job with good pay.

Always follow your heart, no body can predict what the future holds for us, so put your trust in Allah and pursue your dream.

i was in a similar situation
i wanted to be an artist, but i pushed it aside as a hobby
then i wanted to be a nurse since it was a good job and good pay, like you said, but i had to go for another career option

honestly, respecting your parent's wishes is good and all, but also think about what you want
take into consideration that you'll be the one working the job and think about a job that you can count on supporting you and that you won't get tired of

Guled111

I ❤️ Ogaden
I remember sitting with my best friend at the time and we were like maybe we should be journalists? Or Generals? Or Fashion designers? Or Astronauts? Or TV presenters? Or Businesswomen? Or politicians?

I was always good at everything I put my hand to and could never decide. Then as you grow up the road narrows and before you know it you are already on a path to something specific.

But honestly, I think a could have been any of those things. Anyone else like this?
What are you doing now?

I have both a job and a nice car, but the girl is missing.. You wanna fill out the open vacancy :sass2:
Mashaallah you improved with your shukansi, very subtle and smooth :obama:
i was in a similar situation
i wanted to be an artist, but i pushed it aside as a hobby
then i wanted to be a nurse since it was a good job and good pay, like you said, but i had to go for another career option

honestly, respecting your parent's wishes is good and all, but also think about what you want
take into consideration that you'll be the one working the job and think about a job that you can count on supporting you and that you won't get tired of
You’re such a matured woman for a 18 years old mashallah, May Allah bless you success and happiness, I shall follow my dreams because nursing is ain’t for me.

I’m only here to secure the bag my goal from young was to be rich. I want to upgrade my families current living situation by bringing in the lacag :childplease: