Greatest period in somali history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all know soomalida waa cawaan but when was the greatest period to be in somalia?

Personally as a person with caqli id say its obviously the kacaan period. But alot of people will scream otherwise. So scream. Tell me when you think it was the best period to be a somali.

Be realistic no romanticizing the past. If youre gonna be mentioning sultanates give actual reasons not some fluff of oh my gawd we were so great msa or wow look what ibn batutta wrote about us :oops::oops:

To my abaayos the greatest time for us was the kacaan period we were alaab before that and we're alaab now. We had it the easiest in kacaan times thats not even an argument.

So we're going to base our judgements on:

Economy & employment

Living standards of the average abdi and xaliimo

Safety and security (military, intelligence and general peace)

Development

Education

Position in the international community

Discuss.

I think the greatest period in Somalia history was 1976-1977, when Greater Somalia dream was almost achieved by somalis.

Siad barre days prior to the war. Kaacan days were good for most somalis. hoyoo still sing along to these wadani/kacaan songs I grew up hearing

Macalin M

Out here
The thing is all leaders had a great period before they went wrong at one step which destroyed them

Unpopular opinion but Hitler arguably got the German people patriotic again he managed to make them build the country and unemployment fell but obviously his views towards Jews is what hindered him being a great leader and that’s all people remember

Siad Barre was smart but he got too into the Ogaden war and afterwards was practically useless and did what he did. People only remember him for that.

I’m not saying Hitler and Barre were the same I’m just saying that pulling a simple trigger ,whether it be minor or not, can change everything.

I would say nothing can be worse than the past 30 years and from the unification of Somalia until the Ogaden war was when we were the best

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I'm gonna say 1975. A 30% growth rate is ridiculously high, but also expected from a third world country just starting out. Shame that trend didn't continue.

Screenshot_20180617-113823_Chrome.jpg

:kodaksmiley: you didnt even say which sultanate/kingdom.........

Somalis were simply independent of these titles due to their nomadic lifestyle.
if there were some sultans they were weak and in name only atleast the last 2 to 300yrs. before that yes there were major organized kingdoms all the way back to kush.
PS. organized institutions only appear in river or fertile areas where people settled to farm.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
1971-1977. Those were the golden days.

Last edited:
Siad Barre days before the war.
My parents always tell me that there were some really good and wealthy businessmen coming up in those days. Imagine there was no war, imagine how rich those guys would be today.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The 1530s were the greatest. The things that I would do to fight in Ahmed Gurey's army.
:banderas:
I was born 500 years too early.
:mjcry:

Like it or hate it. It will be up there alongside the most significant moments in human history such as:

- Alexander the Great's vanquishing of Persia
- The Fall of Constantinople (Ottomans)
- The sacking of Baghdad
-D-Day
- Fall of Mogadishu

Don't deny the historical significance

Like it or hate it. It will be up there alongside the most significant moments in human history such as:

- Alexander the Great's vanquishing of Persia
- The Fall of Constantinople (Ottomans)
- The sacking of Baghdad
-D-Day
- Fall of Mogadishu

Don't deny the historical significance
:kodaksmiley: reaching much?

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP
Jaalle Siad Barre's 1969 to 1991 was the greatest period in Somali history in my opinion.

Kacaan era = best era.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The 1530s were the greatest. The things that I would do to fight in Ahmed Gurey's army.
:banderas:
I was born 500 years too early.

I agree. Our lucky ancestors were not fighting for jihad but for siil. I was born in the wrong century.

Ahmed Gurey promised his troops once you conquer Abyssinia then you can enjoy having Habashi concubines. @NourUgaas we was born in the wrong century.
:wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.