Grant Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was raised Mormon, which some Christians don't think is even Christian. The Pope says he doubts the Evangelicals are. I know that neither group is in my political camp, and I have generally given up on organized religion. There have been times when religions moved at the forefront of progress, but in the West, my lifetime has not been one of them. I left the Church at 18, when I was able.

I belong to the form of Deism that says the route to the Lord is inside. I do not put a label on myself and I have no other associations.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
I was raised Mormon, which some Christians don't think is even Christian. The Pope says he doubts the Evangelicals are. I know that neither group is in my political camp, and I have generally given up on organized religion. There have been times when religions moved at the forefront of progress, but in the West, my lifetime has not been one of them. I left the Church at 18, when I was able.

I belong to the form of Deism that says the route to the Lord is inside. I do not put a label on myself and I have no other associations.
Is Jesus your saviour?

I am not a Mormon. But, If you insist.

To Mormons, Jesus is not a savior. Jesus is a big brother, an example, the first of the multitude of the children of God. To Mormons, the purpose of life is to learn to be a God. That "saving" business in namby-pamby. Mormons have both a Mother and a Father in heaven, the creators of souls. Successful Mormons preside over their own earths and galaxies in the afterlife. They are not just sitting on clouds plucking harps.

This is why I said many Christians do not consider Mormons Christian. And no. I would still have trouble with that "Savior" description of the function of Yeshua. I have no practical experience with the kind of "salvation" common to the "Christian" denominations. To be honest, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I joined the Peace Corps and went to Somalia at a time the Church discriminated against Blacks, rather than go on a Church mission. The Church finally changed it's position, as they had also on polygamy; but I was done with them by then and it makes even less sense to me now.

:gaasdrink:Which makes me less of a match than you thought?

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
I am not a Mormon. But, If you insist.

To Mormons, Jesus is not a savior. Jesus is a big brother, an example, the first of the multitude of the children of God. To Mormons, the purpose of life is to learn to be a God. That "saving" business in namby-pamby. Mormons have both a Mother and a Father in heaven, the creators of souls. Successful Mormons preside over their own earths and galaxies in the afterlife. They are not just sitting on clouds plucking harps.

This is why I said many Christians do not consider Mormons Christian. And no. I would still have trouble with that "Savior" description of the function of Yeshua. I have no practical experience with the kind of "salvation" common to the "Christian" denominations. To be honest, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I joined the Peace Corps and went to Somalia at a time the Church discriminated against Blacks, rather than go on a Church mission. The Church finally changed it's position, as they had also on polygamy; but I was done with them by then and it makes even less sense to me now.

:gaasdrink:Which makes me less of a match than you thought?
lol.
Your heart is very young and you are very Somali at heart. I always intend to respond to your comments in a certain way but I always laugh at them by the end.

Anyways awoowe, please don't flatter yourself. You were cute when you were younger but you are not handsome enough for me now to date. Plus I don't like dating men beyond me. You're much more mentally, physically, societally, and intellectually experienced than me.

I have developed a crush on you in the sense that you were cute and you have a lot of wisdom.

I am young so I don't know much about the church historically but I'm non-denominational. I take the bible as its word and the authority of the bible is greater authority to me than the authority of churches and man. The bible is beautiful to me. I converted back in March and I have gotten through the New Testament and I'm on the Old Testament. The stories of the Old Testament remind me of my old Muslim faith and it's pretty cool to see the similarities.

I think you're cool. I hope you can take me in as an an apprentice of yours. I wish to do humanitarian work specifically in Somalia after I graduate and although it'd be ideal if you were Christian I think you'd still be a great mentor.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Sorry for hijacking your shuukansi @GodKnowsBest

Hi @Grant

Do Mormons consider themselves Christians?

I would assume they had to align themselves to the main religion in the land in order to survive and ease conversion.

Do Mormons consider themselves Christians?

I would assume they had to align themselves to the main religion in the land to both survive and ease conversion.

They use both the Old and New Testaments and consider themselves Christian. They claim a reestablishment of the original religion under Peter, James and John.

Status
Not open for further replies.