Governor Ilhan Omar Signs Memoir Book Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Newly sworn in Representative Ilhan Omar of Minnesota has sold her debut memoir This Is What America Looks Like to Dey Street Books. According to the deal’s announcement in Publishers Marketplace, the book “chronicles her journey fleeing war in Somalia as a little girl, becoming a refugee in her early teens, and making her way against unspeakable odds to become the congresswoman-elect from Minnesota as a collection of remarkable firsts: first Muslim refugee in Congress, first woman of color to represent Minnesota, and the first person to wear a hijab in Congress.” The deal was listed as a “good deal,” meaning ranging from $100,000-$250,000. Omar will be working with a collaborator.

Alessandra Bastagli, Executive Editor of Dey Street Books, told Forbes.com that This Is What America Looks Like will cover Omar’s early life in Somalia, the four years she spent in Kenya’s Utanga refugee camp with her family and her later experiences in the United States. “From the family’s arrival in Arlington, VA, when she was just twelve years old, to their move to Minnesota two years later, she will talk about the challenges many immigrants face when they first come to America as well as the many opportunities they receive,” noted Bastagli via email. “The memoir will also cover her education and her personal life, her work as an activist and her entrance into politics, culminating with her election as congresswoman.” Bastagli said Dey Street Books plans to publish Omar’s memoir in April 2020.
Looks like another one to add to the beesha library, right next to these:
5aeef64dd3806c239c0b4a46.jpg

Cpfge7jWgAAnR2t.jpg:large

:trumpsmirk:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Can i pass on reading it? Or am i under the somali obligation to buy & read it?

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I am wish they turn this memoir to a full feature film , it would definitely be a blockbuster and good role model for Somali girls who are obsessed with Cardi B and the Kardashians.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I am wish they turn this memoir to a full feature film , it would definitely be a blockbuster and good role model for Somali girls whose role models are now Cardi B and the Kardashians.

Great point. Let her be a good role models for our girls. Better than Cardi, whom i really dont know her but i hear her every day. She looks dumb, when she speaks, i feel like she is speaking a foreign language

Great point. Let her be a good role models for our girls. Better than Cardi, whom i really dont know her but i hear her every day. She looks dumb, when she speaks, i feel like she is speaking a foreign language
Cardi makes your IQ drop

:pachah1::russ::dead1::deadosama:
look, I don't want to hear a word from somali american again.
keep it quite plz

Attachments

• Screenshot-2019-1-22 Governor Ilhan Omar Signs Memoir Book Deal.png
    Screenshot-2019-1-22 Governor Ilhan Omar Signs Memoir Book Deal.png
    236.8 KB · Views: 90

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
American Dream

Actyually if u entered that home, it is well decorated and feels like home walaahi. Free too. Those kids will be raised in a comfortable loving home with hoyo getting govt help! I say-- Winning!

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Actyually if u entered that home, it is well decorated and feels like home walaahi. Free too. Those kids will be raised in a comfortable loving home with hoyo getting govt help! I say-- Winning!
Nothing is better than being breastfed by the government.
:rejoice:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts