Got into a fight with a Somali odey in Dubai airport in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically everyone who goes to Dubai will know that the Somali taxi drivers at the airport will try to rip you off. They don't use a meter even though every taxi does. They will charge you the normal rate per passenger instead of normsl rate for everyone.

For example dubai airport to deira(gold souq) isnt higher than say 75 dirhams i believe for the big minibus and cheaper depending on size of taxi.

I knew they was trying to rip us off(a group of 50 Somali from uk,we met on the plane),so I told my mum if we passed these drivers and walk 200 metres max,there is a queue for taxis that will charge max 60 dirhams for our family for a 7 seater taxi. The rest of the Somalis heard and followed us, the odey got angry as he and his 4 other drivers were losing out on thousands on dirhams by charging 50-60 per person. One grabbed me in a headlock, me, my dad and my bro dropped 3 and was going to f*ck up the other two for touching me til they back up. Imagine man put his hands on a 13-15 year old(not baiting my real age out)because the teen was too smart for him.Luckily we ghosted before security came and everyone in the group gave me some of the money I helped them save by not getting ripped off. Made 300 dirhams lol. f*ck the bicthes that scam their own race.

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
Basically everyone who goes to Dubai will know that the Somali taxi drivers at the airport will try to rip you off. They don't use a meter even though every taxi does. They will charge you the normal rate per passenger instead of normsl rate for everyone.

For example dubai airport to deira(gold souq) isnt higher than say 75 dirhams i believe for the big minibus and cheaper depending on size of taxi.

I knew they was trying to rip us off(a group of 50 Somali from uk,we met on the plane),so I told my mum if we passed these drivers and walk 200 metres max,there is a queue for taxis that will charge max 60 dirhams for our family for a 7 seater taxi. The rest of the Somalis heard and followed us, the odey got angry as he and his 4 other drivers were losing out on thousands on dirhams by charging 50-60 per person. One grabbed me in a headlock, me, my dad and my bro dropped 3 and was going to f*ck up the other two for touching me til they back up. Imagine man put his hands on a 13-15 year old(not baiting my real age out)because the teen was too smart for him.Luckily we ghosted before security came and everyone in the group gave me some of the money I helped them save by not getting ripped off. Made 300 dirhams lol. f*ck the bicthes that scam their own race.
Nigga I don’t believe you. Beenlow iis nacay! We might be blood thirsty, but this is just reaching dawg.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

HOW THE F YOU GONNA DISRESPECT ME MANNE!

I’ve been documenting my travels through Dubai and I described my mode of transportation.

dude! Why are you even using a taxi when Dubai got the easiest metro train ?

It is right at the airport

I had 2 dam luggage, a huge carry on luggage and a backpack. Yet I managed to travel on the metro for $1.5.

What sort of a Western neef are you? You didn’t even do any research before you took off? Didn’t you know that a taxi from the airport to Gold Suuq (Deira) is 35 dirhams? But then again you are from the UK where they live like a third world people. You couldn’t even use your phone to do any research

SORRY ADEER!
Didn’t know you were 13, cot damm

Last edited:
Nigga I don’t believe you. Beenlow iis nacay! We might be blood thirsty, but this is just reaching dawg.
Wallahi every bit is true, every time i have gone I see Somalis fall for it g. They charge like 50 dirhams per person rather than for everyone.

you are reporting something that happened in 2008 now? that's 10 yrs ago dude. move on.
I bumped into one of them, he was visiting family in a city I was and he gave me the side eye. I was ready to fight as he like 3 guys my age with him but he didn't say anything to them.

Boasting about fighting an oday because
You and your guys tried to flee without paying ? Shame upon you . I hope the karma returns when you hit 50 .

HOW THE F YOU GONNA DISRESPECT ME MANNE!

I’ve been documenting my travels through Dubai and I described my mode of transportation.

dude! Why are you even using a taxi when Dubai got the easiest metro train ?

It is right at the airport

I had 2 dam luggage, a huge carry on luggage and a backpack. Yet I managed to travel on the metro for $1.5.

What sort of a Western neef are you? You didn’t even do any research before you took off? Didn’t you know that a taxi from the airport to Gold Suuq (Deira) is 35 dirhams? But then again you are from the UK where they live like a third world people. You couldn’t even use your phone to do any research

SORRY ADEER!
Didn’t know you were 13, cot damm

IPhones were out in 2008 but no one really had them.

The metro was in construction in 2008 I believe so allow me.

Whats with the UK third world nonsense abti, I am an individual defined only by actions and alahmdulillah I am relatively well traveled man who knows his way around which is how I knew the price was way off. The number i mentioned I found on a website before I arrived but we actually arrived for a lot cheaper(40 dirhams).

Boasting about fighting an oday because
You and your guys tried to flee without paying ? Shame upon you . I hope the karma returns when you hit 50 .
You idiot, read the post,we did't take the taxi,they was angry that all of them (50 people)listened to me and was going to the taxi rank instead of going with their unlicenced,no meter having, overcharging selves.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
IPhones were out in 2008 but no one really had them.

The metro was in construction in 2008 I believe so allow me.

Whats with the UK third world nonsense abti, I am an individual defined only by actions and alahmdulillah I am relatively well traveled man who knows his way around which is how I knew the price was way off. The number i mentioned I found on a website before I arrived but we actually arrived for a lot cheaper(40 dirhams).

What’s wrong with you?whyare you going back a decade ?

Here I was thinking you were 13

I have good news for you...there’s so few Somali taxis at the airport..they’ve now technologised it that the taxis seem like they gotta be no later than 2015 and have to have a meter.

But no one needs a taxi specially when going to Deira, it’s 2 metro station stops from the airport

What’s wrong with you?whyare you going back a decade ?

Here I was thinking you were 13

I have good news for you...there’s so few Somali taxis at the airport..they’ve now technologised it that the taxis seem like they gotta be no later than 2015 and have to have a meter.

But no one needs a taxi specially when going to Deira, it’s 2 metro station stops from the airport

do you need ID to use metro?

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
do you need ID to use metro?

:):):):vanlf9a: No! You can even use your debit card/credit card. It’s better that you buy their money from your bank before heading out. I used my card and it was a mistake cause my dam bank was harming 3%. I took a major hit. My friend who travels a lot told me about this smart way of having a local money as you land there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts